- April 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm #80039Philip KaufmannMember
I hope no one did such an request before me.
Wouldn´t it be cool, if there are Zombies on Panau and Attacking you?
I mean it is not impossible – You could change the Skin and I`ve seen some mods on this Side where the factions are attacking you-I think you could easily do this to the residents, too.
Besides, you could leave one fraction as humans and then they are fighting against each other.:ohmy:
The mod about the fractions is this one:
I would do this but I´m just there for Design and Stuff and I hate Numbers-I´m just no Programmer. :cheer:
- April 11, 2010 at 4:25 am #851034thacauze10Participant
every game needs a zombie mod, i support this.
- April 11, 2010 at 5:58 am #85225Anton RasputinMember
I support this idea as well and would love to help in whatever way possibly if someoen could show me the ropes on faction editing.
- April 11, 2010 at 6:31 am #85227
- April 11, 2010 at 4:30 pm #85229kevin donnellyMember
Forgive me sir, but to what WW2 units do you refer?
- April 11, 2010 at 5:34 pm #85278ChicagoTedMember
OH yeah with a Baby Panay zombie 😆
- April 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm #85291FRXMember
I love the idea of zombies, but not armed…
Yes, I also know it would be a big work to make pedestrians hostile :blush:
- April 12, 2010 at 6:48 am #85279
- April 12, 2010 at 7:10 am #85345KylerMember
Interesting! I shall explore and report back!
EDIT: What the hell? That was odd. Great 4X4 driving though!
- April 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm #85104JasonMember
The main idea of getting a zombie npc to work with it’s ai is followed:
– Movement speed (slow speed, but can quickly dash if it’s target is close enough)
– Animations (walking, sprinting, melee attacking)
– Attacks (only melee attacks are involved, does heaps of damage)
– Faction related scripts (Can turn pedestrians into zombies? Heals if they kill a npc? All other factions prioritize zombies as the biggest threat?)
– Able to take bullets to the body, but dies easily with shots to the head.
– Can gib?
Say, what if you want pedestrians to do one of several things if they spot a zombie?
1) Cower in one spot.
2) Flee and scream.
3) If armed, fight zombie(s).
So what if they are inside a vehicle?
1) Get out of the car immediately, then do one of the top listed actions.
2) Speeds up and runs over the zombie, continuing to drive away.
3) Avoids zombies, and drives away.
- April 14, 2010 at 10:17 am #85105NathanMember
I dont think that Just cause 2 is the kind of game that has zombies in it but if you did have that they should hae their own island. Also when you finish the main storyline Baby Panay could come back as a zombie
- April 14, 2010 at 4:30 pm #85540Philip KaufmannMember
Whaaat, you don`t want Zombies in your Game?
Buddy, you`re in the wrong Thread.
But I had an similar idea with that island
– but I thought that it would be more difficult to create an whole new island,
btw no one has done that before, too.:huh:
But if there would be such an island, it shall be a smaller one.But big enough for an special building: the Bio-Gas-Kind-of-tower.
You know, it looks like an cylindric rocket, but it is several levels beyond earth so there are just about 30 meters over the ground and when you go down, there is an console where you can destroy the whole thing and green mist appears and you run like “Oh my, I hope it doesn`t explodes while I`m down here” 😆 .
I know that one (?) surely was at the desert island.
After this explosion there are everywhere Zombies and, surely, the surviving fractions haet you and shoot you and the Zombies.How `bout that?:woohoo:
~ The Ferret
- April 18, 2010 at 7:11 pm #85106
- April 21, 2010 at 4:33 am #85107john henry v chuaMember
if a zombie mod is possible this will make more like the game DEAD ISLAND which is sweet wish it is first person both vehicles and on foot really looking forward to this idea…
- April 24, 2010 at 3:57 am #85108IsakMember
Needs head explosions.
- August 6, 2010 at 3:45 am #85109
It should be possible, what if you just made the military look like zombies, get rid of civilians, up the number of military personnel, hardest part would probably be making them use a melee attack, but maybe they could use something similar to Rico’s melee attack?
- August 9, 2010 at 12:55 pm #85110
hhhmmmmm for the skins maybe you could use one of the dead rico skins. oh and you could mutate the melee arm to the range of the attack so it would look like it was swiping at you
- August 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm #85111
dude this is win use the melee mod but make the wire invisable and color the peds face green. have them attack everyone
- August 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm #90484
It is possible to replace the civilians with other types of characters… we just need a useless character that nobody cares about to make a zombie out of… *looks over at Karl Blaine*
- August 10, 2010 at 4:42 pm #85230
HA luv the jap zombie idea makes me think of codwaw 😆
- August 10, 2010 at 4:43 pm #90486
or you can use the lost people in hantu or the lost peeps :cheer:
- August 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm #90490
I have made some zombie skins for some of the civilians. They are just skins, but we can do some hex editing (aka, entering random numbers into the cdoll files) later. I’ll submit the skins as a zombays in panau mod after I check to make sure they don’t crash the game.
- August 16, 2010 at 12:07 am #85112
I like the idea of mowing down hundreds of undead Karl Blains.
- August 21, 2010 at 1:10 am #85113doucheMember
left 4 dead needs a zombie mod too
- August 25, 2010 at 2:45 pm #85114FredMember
That will be crazy! >.<
What faction do you want that will be the humans?
I vote for the Reapers!
They have big trucks with turret!
- August 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm #90668
campfred wrote:Quote:That will be crazy! >.<
What faction do you want that will be the humans?
I vote for the Reapers!
They have big trucks with turret!
It’s a tough choice between the lady with the horrible accent and the guy who always calls you “serdadu”
- August 26, 2010 at 8:27 am #90672TARDYMember
BOLO will win
- August 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm #85115
If at all possible, feel free to take out a civilian skin or two as well. The Reapers will be the best choice for the human faction, as they have big armored trucks. You can also use the Japanese Zombie skins (there are about 3/5 of them, so together with 2/3 civilians and one Karl Blaine skin, we’ll get a good variety of zombies – maybe some with a broken/missing limb?).
Writing the AI code will prove to be the hardest part, but I’m sure you’ll manage. Try getting the admins to open up a forum so we can work out this mod in an orderly fashion. I don’t mind helping with the script, though I never programmed anything in 3d but I’m sure I’ll manage with prioritizing the AI’s reactions towards zombies/military/player.
- August 28, 2010 at 4:37 pm #90688
yeah, that’s good. It might also work if we try to create a faction called “zombies”. then I know how we can get everybody to attack them. editing the AI code will be the hardest part. we may even have to create new files to make it work…
- August 29, 2010 at 12:15 am #85116
We should see if we can make civilians attack like the factions mod did, or completely get rid of civilian spawn and replace it with lots of military spawn, who have been re textured to look like zombies. Hardest part would probably be getting the military to use a melee attack instead of guns.
- August 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm #90702
Mr.Gompers wrote:Quote:completely get rid of civilian spawn and replace it with lots of military spawn, who have been re textured to look like zombies.
Ah… no. This will render the game completely boring and repetitive, as your only option is to kill waves upon waves upon waves of zombies until you get sick of it and leave.
- August 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm #85117
Maybe, but all other options seem like they would require lots and lots of coding. I’m trying to think of stuff we’ve already learned about modding this game and see if they can be applied to create a zombie apocalypse version of Panau.
- August 30, 2010 at 12:30 pm #85118
But you have to keep in mind that it’s gotta be playable. It’s just as big of a mod as IronMan, even bigger (requires a lot more skinning and handling AI).
There’s no other way than re-skinning and stuff. I say we try to take a go at it.
- August 30, 2010 at 4:47 pm #85119
i want to know how u guys are accessing the coding of this game, what files?
- August 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm #90703
Mr.Gompers wrote:Quote:We should see if we can make civilians attack like the factions mod did.
if theres a mod to make civilians attack cant u reskin the civilians to look like zombies and make them really slow so ur not constantly having to run for your life.
- August 30, 2010 at 8:09 pm #85120
but there aren’t much civilian skins (like, 3 for males and 3 for females). We DO want civilians in our mod to act as bait and stuff.
Skins we can use:
- August 30, 2010 at 11:45 pm #85121
how many diff kinda of zombies do u want?
- August 30, 2010 at 11:49 pm #90749
Just the one standard zombie type would be best, with some different skins so it doesn’t look too repetitive, maybe, just maybe, a tank type zombie? Like how Baby (SPOILER) is able to absorb 39,498 bullets to the head before partially collapsing.
- August 31, 2010 at 11:26 am #85122
Come to think of it, we have the ninjas, panay, blaine, jap-zombies, Jade Tan (females zombies are a great thing) and maybe one of the factions? Or two?
Let’s call it a vote: How many factions should fight the zombie outbreak?
1) Just the military and Rico
2) Military, Rico and the Reapers (they have armored trucks)
3) Military, Rico and Ulars/Roaches
4) Military, Rico and all factions to fight the zombies
5) Military, Rico and all factions, along SOME lightly-armed civilians at random spots
I, personally, vote for 5.
Other skins we can gladly use:
Razor of the Roaches
Bolo of the Reapers
The guy calling you ‘Serdadu’ all the time, of the Ulars
Ulars, Roaches and Reapers’s TECHNICIANS because their skins aren’t being used anyway
The more diversity, the better. I also think we should import zombie skins from Prototype, just like this guy did with the Alex Mercer skin for Rico. It should save us tons of work and let us focus on the AI.
- August 31, 2010 at 2:22 pm #85123AlexMember
I’m waiting for this mod with inpatient
- August 31, 2010 at 7:11 pm #85124
The more different skin types the better, as for the voting, I wouldn’t mind option 5. The prototype zombies should work too.
Also, I had an idea, I say we should have the Mile High Club be some sort of survivor outpost.
- August 31, 2010 at 8:35 pm #85125
That’s a great idea! We can also use several other outposts such as high up in the mountains (the top of the Casino Falls should be great, zombies wandering down below and a big cluster of civvies and militants up top shooting at zombies like in Dawn of the Dead).
We should create at least one survivor outpost for each factions we’ll use (military bases aside). The Ulars’ fort will also be a good spot.
- August 31, 2010 at 8:45 pm #90762
a stripper outpost. nice.
- September 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm #85126MarkoMember
i would love getting zombies to my game, could someone pm me if one is out? (:
- September 23, 2010 at 2:05 am #85127JohanMember
How about using cournels as the zombies? They only die if you shoot them in the head or blow them up.. much like zombies, yes?
- September 23, 2010 at 11:32 am #85128
What are cournels?
- September 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm #90928Aria pordelMember
I have an idea.We can turn outposts into infected hives like Prototype.
- September 28, 2010 at 3:30 am #90929
I believe Dragonya meant colonels, which is an interesting idea for a zombie that shows up occasionally, but to use them as the default zombie? Sorry, but I like mowing down hordes of the undead with a mini-gun too much to worry about aiming for their head.
- September 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm #85978AaronMember
I could easily help in skinning the models to look like zombies , im amazin at texturing stuff check out my mods ..
- September 30, 2010 at 4:04 pm #85129
I’m sure you are. Feel like giving us a sample of how well you can portray zombies?
- October 8, 2010 at 11:10 pm #91007
How’s the progress coming along? I know Thor said he was working on some textures, and now D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R. is too, guess we now need someone who’s good with the coding part.
- October 18, 2010 at 1:50 am #91097
So, any progress yet?
- October 19, 2010 at 8:52 am #90489SpeeshulMember
STOP TALKING START DOING
- October 26, 2010 at 2:34 am #91189VenomMember
- November 9, 2010 at 4:48 pm #85130
You guys might be in luck! I recently started with the movements and are almost ready, just needs some tinkering. We can check on the textures too!
- November 9, 2010 at 5:47 pm #85131
What do you mean?
- November 9, 2010 at 7:02 pm #91253
can u put up a prototype for it on the mod page?
- November 9, 2010 at 10:24 pm #91252
le Roux wrote:Quote:You guys might be in luck! I recently started with the movements and are almost ready, just needs some tinkering. We can check on the textures too!
You just won the internet.
- November 10, 2010 at 4:33 am #85132
Dammit I just cant get it right! The movements are VERY weird and the speed SUCKS!! I will try some more and If I dont get it right I will not post anything. RE: 4 years technical modding experience and texturial.
- November 14, 2010 at 12:18 am #91255
How are you doing the movements? Are you using the pre-existing melee attack from the player’s character or something else entirely?
- November 14, 2010 at 10:25 am #85133
You can say that but trying to make from scratch. (PS: Played 32 zombie games for three days for inspiration.) Another thing, who are we giving the textures and codes to when we are finished to upload?
- November 14, 2010 at 10:29 am #85134
- November 15, 2010 at 4:35 am #85135
Thats the way the cookie crumbles! HEY GUYS, I will upload a picture in the next post and tell me if it’s okay for:
Billboards;Icecream vans and Tuk Tuk’s!
- November 16, 2010 at 2:36 pm #85136
Is it okay?:huh:
- November 16, 2010 at 4:15 pm #91277
i think its fine
also can we have two versions: one where rico is a human and fights against the zombs :police: (#1) and (yes you guessed it) one where rico is a zombie and fights with the zombs against the humans 👿 (#2)
it will be hard to make rico use only melee though, but we can always just use melee and ignore the guns in ricos hand.
but i dont want this to get in the way of the zombie mod so do the #2 one after the main mod
- November 16, 2010 at 5:14 pm #85137
Might not be a great idea. Just Cause 2 isn’t built for hand-to-hand combat (maybe a Matrix/GTA game would fit better), it’s built for rampaging and exploding the shit out of everything. If you can’t make it go ‘BOOM!!!’, it ain’t fun. If you can’t explode dozens of people seven generations away in mere seconds, it ain’t fun. If you have to slumber around distinct jungles, ghostly villages and humanly deserted cities for hours on end only to be picked off by a bored sniper on top of some building or find out you’ve been rolled out into a 16-feet puddle of dry blood and crushed bones by the random SUV maniac, it sure as hell ain’t fun.
And yeah, THAT’S a lot of text. Still, no one here is a dyslectic 7-year-old, we can handle texts.
About the picture above – it’s awesome! Really, I love it. It’s as funny as it is creative and it’s obvious it took quite some time to make out. GJ!!
How about the animations and code though? I’m waiting eagerly to see it. Also, if you have the knowledge of putting it in-game, would you like to make a demonstration-video for us?
- November 18, 2010 at 4:19 pm #91281
fair enough, but i had another idea. can you make it so there are zombies that look like the strippers from the mile high club (oviously with zombie features like pale skin etc.) to make it more realistic like in some zombie games?
- November 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm #85138
I wish someone created a FMOD converter (I have one) but to convert like say a folder BACK to FMOD! Because I think this song would really go with the police heat: [file name=Shoot_the_zombies.zip size=1183568]http://www.justcause2mods.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Shoot_the_zombies.zip[/file]
- November 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm #91289
ive heard that song before, and what is FMOD? is it like GMOD?
- November 20, 2010 at 6:14 am #85139
No it’s not like Garry’s mod and it’s not even a mod! 😡 It is an encoding system for music put into one file!
- November 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm #91291
ok sorry :blink:
- November 22, 2010 at 4:18 am #85140
Hey, dont feel bad. Sometimes I lose my temper with my friends here and I tend to write or say bad things. Hey all! Managed something with the movements…. shit. It crashed! Gotta fix this.:S
- November 22, 2010 at 12:08 pm #85141
Hey guys! I had come up with a creative name for this all. “Just Zombies® 2”:cheese: Please PM me if you have another suggestion. “IT ALL COMES TOGETHER WITH A GOOD (scatch that) ULTIMATE EPIC WEBSITE!!!!:cheer:
- November 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm #85142farhanMember
how about this one JUST 4 ZOMBIES 2?is it ok?let me know what you think.
- November 22, 2010 at 3:58 pm #85143
Its wicked!! First I must check the others
- November 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm #91309
just die 2?
or just cause: infection(or something similar)
so you are close to releasing zombie movemets? or are the skins on as well?
- November 23, 2010 at 4:07 am #85144
We’re gonna have to see how D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R and 8thor8 are coming along. I’m not even close to uploading a prototype! It still crashes.
- November 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm #91318
aww…. i really want zombies, my friend was thinking about getting JC2 then i told him about this mod and now hes getting it :cheer:
and like Rome101 said, videos please? or does it crash before you can get any gameplay?
- November 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm #85145
Yep! Sucks! Deleted the file and SLOWLY started again!
- November 24, 2010 at 5:34 pm #91319
ok then…zombies delayed :blink:
and is it just me or is it only us to who are posting on this forum?
- November 24, 2010 at 7:44 pm #91331
I’m always keeping track. Still waiting for the promised textures sample.
Keep up the good work, anyway. I’m anxious to see a real sample from the mod, even if it’s a brief one. That way we can get officially supported and find an AI coder.
- November 25, 2010 at 6:13 am #85146
:ermm: That seems very true hey? jonahdude999, love you’r profile picture, SWEEEET!!!:lol:
- November 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm #91338
thanks, yours is good as well (ed,edd n eddy..watched it when i was younger)
D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R and 8thor8 havnt been posting latly though..wonder how they are doing with the skins? :S
- November 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm #91339
anything new? noone has posted in the last few days.. i hope this idea doesnt go cold..
- November 29, 2010 at 5:02 pm #85147
Hey, nothing’s gonna go cold! I managed to find the culprit that crashed the game but working also on textures. I might post a pic later.
- November 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm #91364
ok good good
- December 1, 2010 at 5:52 am #85148
Sorry guys! The mod might be quite delayed, cause I’m getting COD: Black Ops and Starcraft II. But remember, Just Cause 2 is in my blood!:woohoo:
- December 1, 2010 at 4:04 pm #91374
only joking, but can we have a vid please? sorry i keep asking, but i want to see what it looks like
- December 2, 2010 at 9:51 am #85149
I really wish I could, but South Africa has a broadband limit per session. (Like 15MB a time)
This really sucks!!!!!!
- December 2, 2010 at 9:53 am #91340
jonahdude999 wrote:Quote:D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R and 8thor8 havnt been posting latly though..wonder how they are doing with the skins? :S
I will ask them via PM.
- December 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm #91384
so only pictures untill the mod is up?
or are you going to get someone else to upload a video? *cough cough*
- December 4, 2010 at 11:27 am #85150
“I kinda stopped working on them… sorry…”
Damn it! But it’s okay. I was just playing around and made some stupid skins for inspiration.
- December 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm #91388
so you could do the skins? or can/you have just done basic ones?
and can we have an ETA for this? late december, january, Febuary 2050?
- December 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm #91400
anything new? sorry for being impaitent, i know its christmas, but i really want zombies
i hope its out soon cus my friend is coming round (he doesnt have jc2) and wants to play it
- December 20, 2010 at 10:01 pm #91437
i think the idea has gone cold :blink:
and i wa really looking forward to this
- October 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm #85151
Somehow I knew Thor and dominator weren’t going to show anything. Anyone else wanna pick up the glove?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.