Zombie Mod Remake

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Ideas Zombie Mod Remake

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #83795
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Its been rough. I know I have some serious anger issues that come out in 2 secs. and I just wanna forget this never happened and for us to not be mean to each other or say fuck you for no reason. because right now… im starting the new me. So The zombies are the 3 factions and they all team up and have melee pistol revolver. and you might wanna increase the spawn limit because they don’t spawn that munch :/. And OMGKenny That model would be PERFECT! its a really nice zombie model. And the zombies attack:Rico Military and Civvilans. And their vehicles are zombie like vehicles.

    • #101357
      1_dylan
      Participant

      I’m sorry for over-reacting. It’s just that I don’t want people who I make mods for to make me look bad in front of the entire community.

      So a fresh start? If you accept I’ll keep doing work on the zombie mod using OMGKenny’s models (they’re epic, OMGKenny, you are talented and should be proud).

    • #101358
      Kristian
      Participant

      For me that’s fine, i’m getting tired of this,

      Slade see if you can finally understand that its physically impossible to increase the spawn limit because the game would crash or probably not even work. the engine just can’t handle that. the only solution is to make them despawn and respawn faster, if that is even possible too. thats why you cant spawn zombies, the game will have Half of the civilians turn to zombies and then they will attack each other, the military and rico if possible. THAT IS THE BEST WE CAN DO FOR NOW.

      for us to upgrade something first we have to have something.

      thank you Dylan those were nice words ^^

    • #101368
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Actually we can increase faction spawn rates. I did it before. They were everywhere but it meant less civilians. What could do is bump up faction and civilian spawn rates and decrease military spawn rates. But since factions and military are prioritised over the factions we have another set of problems.

    • #101369
      1_dylan
      Participant
      OMGKenny wrote:
      For me that’s fine, i’m getting tired of this,

      Slade see if you can finally understand that its physically impossible to increase the spawn limit because the game would crash or probably not even work. the engine just can’t handle that. the only solution is to make them despawn and respawn faster, if that is even possible too. thats why you cant spawn zombies, the game will have Half of the civilians turn to zombies and then they will attack each other, the military and rico if possible. THAT IS THE BEST WE CAN DO FOR NOW.

      for us to upgrade something first we have to have something.

      thank you Dylan those were nice words ^^

      We can’t set civilians on civilians. The factions have to hostile for technical reasons.

    • #101366
      Slender Man
      Participant

      i accept, im just happy its all over

    • #101370
      Kristian
      Participant
      1_dylan wrote:
      OMGKenny wrote:
      For me that’s fine, i’m getting tired of this,

      Slade see if you can finally understand that its physically impossible to increase the spawn limit because the game would crash or probably not even work. the engine just can’t handle that. the only solution is to make them despawn and respawn faster, if that is even possible too. thats why you cant spawn zombies, the game will have Half of the civilians turn to zombies and then they will attack each other, the military and rico if possible. THAT IS THE BEST WE CAN DO FOR NOW.

      for us to upgrade something first we have to have something.

      thank you Dylan those were nice words ^^

      We can’t set civilians on civilians. The factions have to hostile for technical reasons.

      Oh i did not know that :ohmy: i will try to make a faction model version then seems to be easier :cheer:

    • #101372
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Why couldn’t you use the other model?

    • #101384
      1_dylan
      Participant

      He’s going to use that model but it’ll be in a different file.

    • #101371
      Slender Man
      Participant

      oh and is it possible to have a rare chance of the zombies having special weps? like sniper and rpg and greanades and trigger bombs? if it is then is it ok if u can it add?

    • #101385
      Slender Man
      Participant

      And is it ok if u can make their cars zombie like vehicles?

    • #101386
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Yeah…
      But there’s a problem with the entire weapons system.

      In the file (enemytypespawnsettings.bin) that controls weapons for AI that actually effects all AI. So if I give the zombies pistols only it means that it will effect all AI. There are multiple sets of those properties but they’re for different circumstances.

      Otherwise the vehicles system is perfectly fine to dedicate some vehicles to the zombies.

      I sort of do wish that LUA or Python was used instead of xml for modding. Oh well, we can’t change it.

    • #101387
      Slender Man
      Participant

      so what are we gonna do about it?

    • #101388
      1_dylan
      Participant
      slade04 wrote:
      so what are we gonna do about it?

      I dunno. Probably leave them with default weapons.

    • #101389
      Slender Man
      Participant

      like pistol revolver and melee?

    • #101390
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Update:

      I haven’t done much since I was waiting for the zombie model. So I assigned the factions to the zombie models and this is what they look like in-game (taken at Lembah Firdaus Compound – final Roaches stronghold).

      spkp49.jpg
      33ucri8.jpg
      9frzt2.jpg
      The zombies models were done by OMGKenny so thank-you to him. I have been doing the gameplay and stuff.

    • #101393
      Slender Man
      Participant

      that is fucking amazing!

    • #101394
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Looks fantastic!

    • #101396
      1_dylan
      Participant
      voxbox13 wrote:
      Looks fantastic!

      Thanks.

      I’ve been doing a lot more and playing it. It’s fun, I have to say that. The models were done by OMGKenny, they’re really good.

    • #101398
      1_dylan
      Participant

      I would upload the video of me playing it (Beta #1) but I’ve done more and I can’t be bothered making another video.

    • #101399
      FINDarkside
      Participant
      1_dylan wrote:
      Thanks.

      I’ve been doing a lot more and playing it. It’s fun, I have to say that

      Haha yep, how do you know someone is modding?
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2
      1_dylan is playing Just Cause 2

      And so on 😆

    • #101359
      Kristian
      Participant

      You did it ^^ first time seeing them in-game, i was worried the texture of the model would look weird but i think its ok.
      i hope this becomes an awesome mod ^^

      is it possible to assign individual models?

    • #101402
      1_dylan
      Participant
      OMGKenny wrote:
      You did it ^^ first time seeing them in-game, i was worried the texture of the model would look weird but i think its ok.
      i hope this becomes an awesome mod ^^

      is it possible to assign individual models?

      You mean like each faction has its own model? That’s possible. The factions can have two models each (grunt and elite soldiers).

    • #101404
      Kristian
      Participant

      yes that way there would be more variety ^^ i will make some more, just tell me which models are the best to use, so its easier for you later ^^

    • #101405
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Hey,

      A really early beta of the zombie mod is ready for download. Currently only heat levels 0 (no heat) and heat 1 have been modified to have higher spawns and such.

      Download here!

    • #101360
      FINDarkside
      Participant

      Hey,

      Take a look at weapon.bin and the AI values. If I remember correctly there is something like preferred distance, which might be modified so that zombies come closer?

    • #101406
      1_dylan
      Participant
      FINDarkside wrote:
      Hey,

      Take a look at weapon.bin and the AI values. If I remember correctly there is something like preferred distance, which might be modified so that zombies come closer?

      What about the idea of zombie remembering how to use weapons from when they were “people”? Melee would be nice maybe we can use but it will affect everyone who does use weapons (Japanese Imperial Army, Thugs, Factions, Military, etc). We could have, per se, a supply shortage on the island and some people are forced to go into combat with plain melee. Also, the zombies/everyone else could have rare good weapon spawns such as rocket launchers or sniper rifles.

    • #101407
      1_dylan
      Participant

      We really need a god mode for this mod…
      My recent tweaks that make the citizens panic and speed (it’s not Mandella644’s Crazy Civilian AI Mod/Island in Chaos) created a tonne of chaos combine that with the bloodthirsty zombies… Good luck trying to survive 5 minutes. I upped and modified the civilian spawns and I’m continuing to tweak the heatspawn file. I will upload another beta for it soon.

    • #101409
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Zombie Mod: Beta 3 for download!

      If it doesn’t seem like a zombie mod I don’t care, it’s the best the game will allow. Also, I did not use Mandella644’s Island in Chaos/Crazy Civilian AI in this, I made my own that is not like his. The only thing in common is that the civilians are the worst drivers.

    • #101403
      Slender Man
      Participant

      and omgkenny can u model the zombies cars and aircraft zombie like?

    • #101408
      FINDarkside
      Participant
      1_dylan wrote:
      What about the idea of zombie remembering how to use weapons from when they were “people”?

      Sure, but then the mod would seem to be just normal game with new model for cops.
      Maybe give cops only one weapon and change it’s preferred distance so they would come closer?

    • #101410
      1_dylan
      Participant

      We could give then melee. Unfortunately if I do change it to melee it affects every faction that can wield weapons. We could just have a “weapon shortage” on the island and everyone uses melee and once in a while a weapon.

    • #101412
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Looks like we’re going to have to keep the zombie mod at beta 3. I have a few problems with it and OMGKenny said he’d make a few more zombie models for the mod which so far I haven’t gotten.

    • #101476
      Kristian
      Participant

      I said i would make the models for a mod that would get recognition for something good, and not for making zombies drive, we add a minor discussion about that, but still i don’t think its the way to go.

      keep in note that i do know that the game as “limitations” and in some ways its “unmodable”, that those limitations didn’t stop the person that created the MP mod. I think that this is what lacks in this community. there is no impossible people, keep that in mind.

      up until this day there are still people modding this game. that is something that is impressive btw.

      I want to make something that was not done. i want to tell the boundaries to f### off and just try my hardest.
      modelling seemed insane to me and still i learned it pretty well.

      but for that, people have to be open minded, and to don’t set limits.

      if we have gone so far with modding until today, is because one day a person decided she was sick of the limits and tried their hardest to create something unique.

    • #101484
      1_dylan
      Participant
      OMGKenny wrote:
      I said i would make the models for a mod that would get recognition for something good, and not for making zombies drive, we add a minor discussion about that, but still i don’t think its the way to go.

      keep in note that i do know that the game as “limitations” and in some ways its “unmodable”, that those limitations didn’t stop the person that created the MP mod. I think that this is what lacks in this community. there is no impossible people, keep that in mind.

      up until this day there are still people modding this game. that is something that is impressive btw.

      I want to make something that was not done. i want to tell the boundaries to f### off and just try my hardest.
      modelling seemed insane to me and still i learned it pretty well.

      but for that, people have to be open minded, and to don’t set limits.

      if we have gone so far with modding until today, is because one day a person decided she was sick of the limits and tried their hardest to create something unique.

      Completely irrelevant but a nice a speech. + Karma for you.

      EDIT: There limitations with singleplayer since everything is xml. The only way to have more stuff is in MP where the mods aren’t just properties (what xml files are) they’re actual working scripts. If someone want’s this to be perfect they have a lot of development in front of them since MP doesn’t support NPCs yet either.

    • #101411
      Kristian
      Participant
      Quote:
      1_dylan wrote:
      What about the idea of zombie remembering how to use weapons from when they were “people”?
      Sure, but then the mod would seem to be just normal game with new model for cops.
      Maybe give cops only one weapon and change it’s preferred distance so they would come closer?

      Thats what i tried to do.
      Zombie Mod Pre-Alpha

      To do:
      -Still i want to make them spawn without cars or try to make them get out of the car as soon as it spawns
      -Try to change the animation, since i only made the weapons invisible and changed the sounds
      -Make them not use in car weapons and build in to car weapons.
      -More variety of zombies and make them attack civilians.

      !Important!-
      This release includes Island in Chaos mod and Extreme Heat mod, something to use as test purposes only.
      In a later v0.1 release it will be put as link, being suggested that used in conjunction with zombie mod will deliver a better experience.

      Note that this is a pre-alpha version of the mod and for that may include bugs and unfinished settings.

      My version of this mod is currently in conflict with Beta 3, it will make your game crash if you do not remove the Beta 3 first to try this one.

      Installing:
      I recommend to make a backup of your current Dropzone folder and replace it with the files found in the Zombie Mod Pre-alpha.rar. There can be mod conflict if you have other files inside.

    • #101485
      Kristian
      Participant
      1_dylan wrote:
      OMGKenny wrote:
      I said i would make the models for a mod that would get recognition for something good, and not for making zombies drive, we add a minor discussion about that, but still i don’t think its the way to go.

      keep in note that i do know that the game as “limitations” and in some ways its “unmodable”, that those limitations didn’t stop the person that created the MP mod. I think that this is what lacks in this community. there is no impossible people, keep that in mind.

      up until this day there are still people modding this game. that is something that is impressive btw.

      I want to make something that was not done. i want to tell the boundaries to f### off and just try my hardest.
      modelling seemed insane to me and still i learned it pretty well.

      but for that, people have to be open minded, and to don’t set limits.

      if we have gone so far with modding until today, is because one day a person decided she was sick of the limits and tried their hardest to create something unique.

      Completely irrelevant but a nice a speech. + Karma for you.

      EDIT: There limitations with singleplayer since everything is xml. The only way to have more stuff is in MP where the mods aren’t just properties (what xml files are) they’re actual working scripts. If someone want’s this to be perfect they have a lot of development in front of them since MP doesn’t support NPCs yet either.

      If i wanted something easy i would mod minecraft XD i want to do something that takes long to build, you cant build something perfect in one day XD

    • #101487
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Yeah well it’s not like I have all the time in the world. I do have other projects that need attention and very little time. This will take up too much time so it’s best for me quit.

      I also found out how to get zombies to spawn on foot but it needs verification of if it works.

    • #101488
      1_dylan
      Participant

      I think I can get zombies to spawn on foot. OMGKenny, do you have a Steam account? It would be much easier to communicate that way.

    • #101498
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Does anyone at all want this mod? I can get zombies to spawn on foot but OMGKenny hasn’t been doing anything. If no one wants it, beta 3 was the last version I released (excluding OMGKenny’s variant).

    • #101500
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Hey Dylan – I’d probably try it out, but you can’t make it for just one or just a few people.

      Just make it if YOU want to make it. Otherwise, I’d say you’re wise to let it rest where you are with Beta 3.

      [ SOMEONE will play that…. Over the years here, there has always been
      a small percentage that love the idea of zombies in Panau.]

      Just my quick opinion. ;)

    • #101501
      Kristian
      Participant

      what do you want me too do? ^^ more models?
      just tell me the characters you want me to use like the panau police one, i was thinking of making a new survivor skin for rico too what do you think?

    • #101503
      1_dylan
      Participant
      OMGKenny wrote:
      what do you want me too do? ^^ more models?
      just tell me the characters you want me to use like the panau police one, i was thinking of making a new survivor skin for rico too what do you think?

      I sent you an email. Check your junk box if you don’t get it.

      Anyway, can you look for a military one to use? I can’t remember the name. I think it was pd_military….

      EDIT: if you want to make a Rico survivor skin I think it would look great.

    • #101502
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Come on brotha lets not give up.

    • #101504
      1_dylan
      Participant
      slade04 wrote:
      Come on brotha lets not give up.

      I’m not. Also, Beta 4 will be ready either tonight or tomorrow morning.

    • #101506
      1_dylan
      Participant

      I’ve given up.

      There is no way to get zombies to spawn on foot when you have heat or no heat. I tried Army on Demand and everything, it does not work. If someone would like to continue developing the mod from where I left off, that would be great.

      Parts done:
      – Panicking civilians (drive really fast)
      – Low flying and more planes
      – OMGKenny did the zombie skin
      – Assigned military to be zombies
      – Done some work on heat levels 0 and 1

      Needs to done:
      – Zombies spawn on foot (I don’t think is possible from heatspawn.bin)
      – Zombies use melee weapons

    • #101511
      Kristian
      Participant

      I’m sorry dude i don’t have much time now, i work from really early to really late and the rest of my day i spend with my girlfriend, and since she is on vacations from work and i’m working its really hard man.

      please don’t give up because i want to do the models for the mod, and help out with the rest too.

      your work as been great and we accomplished so many things that we didn’t thought were possible.

      i will make some models when i have time, i will try tomorrow. i already have the model ready and extracted, just need to change the textures and some other stuff.

    • #101512
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Dyan….what happened?



      Kenny its too late…I don’t know why but Dylan removed me from his friend list and kicked me from his group…Its over man.



      And I think this is the real ending for the zombie mod….Is gone…..Its dead…..



      (Slade – Just use the edit button instead of posting multiple replies, please. Thx, vox)

    • #101514
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Kenny its too late…I don’t know why but Dylan removed me from his friend list and kicked me from his group…Its over man.

    • #101515
      Slender Man
      Participant

      And I think this is the real ending for the zombie mod….Is gone…..Its dead…..

    • #101517
      1_dylan
      Participant
      slade04 wrote:
      Dyan….what happened?

      Didn’t I say what went wrong in the post. I can’t spawn zombies on foot. From the Black Market, yes, but from heatspawn, no. When I assigned melee weapons to zombies it did not work. I said in my post that anyone can continue development and I posted my source. If your bin2xml or binconverter crashes when decompiling the mod, PM me since I think I put protection on the files.

    • #101516
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Im just a useless guy! Oh, And my karma raised to 7…May i ask who did that?

    • #101532
      1_dylan
      Participant

      @Slade04: I’ve given up. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? I have other things to do. I posted the mod, hopefully another modder will complete the task. I was only friends with you on Steam because it was for the mod and I wouldn’t have stayed friends with you after since you were creepy as f***.

    • #101533
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Should I upload beta 3 to the database? For it to be there for everyone to enjoy and perhaps bring someone to continue developing it if it is a bit more advertised.

    • #101552
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      1_dylan wrote:
      Should I upload beta 3 to the database? For it to be there for everyone to enjoy and perhaps bring someone to continue developing it if it is a bit more advertised.

      I think that’s a good idea. Probably would increase the exposure, like you say.

    • #101361
      jerry
      Member

      Can someone send me the link to this mod, if it is out. cause it looks fun. :cheer:

    • #101629
      1_dylan
      Participant
      jerry11 wrote:
      Can someone send me the link to this mod, if it is out. cause it looks fun. :cheer:

      Really? How about you look through the posts on this page and you’ll find the final beta before I gave up on it.

    • #101534
      Slender Man
      Participant

      I know you gave up. All Im saying is I did nothing through the whole thing. And how am I creepy? Im not herbert or something like that.

    • #101630
      Slender Man
      Participant

      Wait..Your serious?

    • #101632
      1_dylan
      Participant
      slade04 wrote:
      Wait..Your serious?

      Yeah. I’m serious.

      BTW, it looks like OMGKenny is trying to do development on it (link). But he might delay development on it (link).

    • #101634
      Slender Man
      Participant

      I was talking about jerry and why am I creepy?

    • #101635
      Slender Man
      Participant

      And I already saw it that was like a month ago

    • #101362
      xtremebud
      Member

      hey guys how ya doing lol i had to create an account to tell ya but i guess there is a way to make the zs spawn, im not a modder or something its just that i would like to have this mod too XP.
      there is a mod to add creatures in game maybe we can talk with the creator and see how he actually did to spawn them and maybe we can use it to just make the zs spawn.
      here is the link for it:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/IMPROVED-CREATURES-%281.2%29/
      the file he used to make them spawn is creatures.bin
      that s all thanks and i hope this mod goes on because i really would love it thou :cheer: .

      bye

    • #101836
      1_dylan
      Participant
      xtremebud wrote:
      hey guys how ya doing lol i had to create an account to tell ya but i guess there is a way to make the zs spawn, im not a modder or something its just that i would like to have this mod too XP.
      there is a mod to add creatures in game maybe we can talk with the creator and see how he actually did to spawn them and maybe we can use it to just make the zs spawn.
      here is the link for it:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/IMPROVED-CREATURES-%281.2%29/
      the file he used to make them spawn is creatures.bin
      that s all thanks and i hope this mod goes on because i really would love it thou :cheer: .

      bye

      The mod you linked would not be of any help to anyone who wishes to do this because those creatures are just static objects (animated, not controlled by an AI), sorry. Also, those creatures are already in the game. That mod simply changes the textures and spawns.

      I believe I said this before: JC2 wasn’t designed for this sort of thing.

    • #101513

      Hey, I’ not a modder but i just have a quick question. How did you edit the heat levels 0 and 1?
      i cant find heat_00 or heat_01 or any of the other levels in heatspawn.xml

      is it there? or like you, do you have to input the levels in?

      Thanks!

    • #136260
      1_dylan
      Participant

      Hi Zevy Palmer,
      Sorry it took so long for me to get to you as I haven’t been able to access the site.
       
      Heat level 0 (no heat) is heat_000
      Heat level 1 is heat_00
      Heat level 2 is heat_01
      Heat level 3 is heat_02
      Heat level 4 is heat_03
      Heat level 5 is heat_04
       
      I pretty sure that’s the IDs. I’m not 100% sure as it has been about 8 months since I last modded.

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.