WIP: Panau policecar

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation WIP: Panau policecar

Viewing 392 reply threads
  • Author
      JTH

My next project is a policecar for panau, the car for now is the Garret Traver-Z

I still need to adjust the siren lights and antenna and find the code for the glass to the siren, the sound and flashing to the siren already works.

JTH

Here is a preview panau_police.jpg

JTH

Here is another preview, where it is mostly colorpalettes and decals that are tweaked and only a tiny bit of the texture file (the white part of the jeep).

This means that the civilian sedan is still a sedan without decals, and when the military uses it, the decals and colors change automaticly to military and blackmarket colors with decals.

panau_police2.jpg

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

Fantastic! Really very creative work here JTH.

And to think I’ve read posts from over a year ago
      from people who were whining and moaning that
      “everything that can be modded has already been done”.

;)

JTH

Here is another preview, the civilian car has been made grey, as a sort of undercover car with decals and siren(sound) haven’t got to the siren light yet, the military jeeps are getting a white stribe on the hood and white doors as well as white softtop the jeeps with hardtop are getting white backdoors.

More to come. panau_police3.jpg

Andrew

This is looking great JTH!

JTH

Here is another preview of the small jeep with hardtop, now with white backdoors and red/blue siren light.

I’m currently placing the siren light in the center on the dashboard on the undercover civilian sedan, but still cant get the full glass on it and it bothers me. I know I’m overlooking something, but the light and sound works. I will upload a preview from it later. panau_police4.jpg

Andrew

You’re moving right along and it looks great! Can’t wait to see the finished product :)

I wonder how one or both lights off the firetruck would look.

JTH

good ideer, i’ll try them, only issue is that the middle of the light is permanet stuck on the firetruck model, so only the glass can be moved.

If you can get the fire truck’s lights on top of the civilian car (Sakura Aquila City) you will have the perfect police car! You would probably be best off basing it off of the Crown Victoria.

futurecopfront1.jpg

Adding a bumper would also be an excillent idea as well. Use the one from the Ice Breaker.

Like from this mod: http://justcause2mods.com/mods/Vehicles/Cars/Oldman-Xtreme/?fontstyle=f-larger

JTH

just found out that the glass for the sirens are stuck on the body_m_lod rbm files and cant be taken out or moved, i’m thinking of using the taxi and use its sign and give it a new texture, but this will mess up the current texture for the taxi sign. But it wont mess up the tuk tuk taxi. I will upload a preview later.

JTH wrote:

Quote:
      just found out that the glass for the sirens are stuck on the body_m_lod rbm files and cant be taken out or moved, i’m thinking of using the taxi and use its sign and give it a new texture, but this will mess up the current texture for the taxi sign. But it wont mess up the tuk tuk taxi. I will upload a preview later.

Mod I made a while back: http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Real-Police-Mod/

JTH

I tried to use the taxi sign, but if i modify the texture it will mess up the sign on the real cyan colored taxi.

JTH

I’m at a point to where i’m skipping the light on the roof of the sedan, and putting the flashing light into the head and rear lights instead, and make it a kind of undercover car.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

JTH wrote:

Quote:
      I’m at a point to where i’m skipping the light on the roof of the sedan, and putting the flashing light into the head and rear lights instead, and make it a kind of undercover car.

Actually, I really like this new idea of the undercover type lights. I hope it works!

JTH

They are almost in place, but it’s getting late for me now, so i might post a preview of it tomorrow.

JTH

Ok here is the preview of the undercover car, with the sirens lights in the indicator lights.
      In the front there will be fittet the bumper from the v041 tractor nad it will get alloy wheels. panau_police5.jpg

Amazing. But maybe if you could change the sedan’s colors to match an undercover cop’s car, it might look better.

Jet black usually looks good. Also, maybe you could consider adding that bumper…?

The kind from this mod: http://justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=16&id=20174

JTH

the color should be easy if i can find the right palette, i added the small classic bumper since the modern bumper was way to big, and it got some new wheels.

I know there is a black palette, it is used i the city on a security jeep in a mission on the city highway. I believe it’s a Roaches mission. So it’s matter of finding it.

The easy way to make the car black is of course to change the texturefiles color, but this messes up the colors of every v002 vehicles.

panau_police6.jpg

JTH

I believe I have fixed it with darkening the texture just a little bit in v002_body_dif.dds this makes the undercovercars color almost if not black, and every other Sakura Aquila gets at the same time a little darker color witch also looks better. panau_police7.jpg

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

JTH wrote:

Quote:
      I believe I have fixed it with darkening the texture just a little bit in v002_body_dif.dds this makes the undercovercars color almost if not black, and every other Sakura Aquila gets at the same time a little darker color witch also looks better. panau_police7.jpg

Wow – I’m impressed! Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Andrew

I second the “can’t wait” ! This will be AI also, or just personal?