[WiP] Mile High Club’s Dj Mod

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation [WiP] Mile High Club’s Dj Mod

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Yol Morefi

Hello everybody, I’m making this message to introduce my project.
      The goal is “only” to change the music of the MHC with real nice music of varius sort (but no hard rock or classical don’t worry^^).
      I’m working with a student of my school, he is making the playlist, puting the songs one after others, using some dj soft to make some nice transition^^
      And I have to find the way to intregrate the future playlist in the game.

So, let’s start now with the current status :

– I can unarchive the file Music_stereo.fsb where is located the Clubloop_PA_crunched_out.waw
      with this tool :
      See attached file or use mirror :
      http://www.multiupload.com/P56N58BYFD
      But Maybe should I use a better tool present on this forum ?
      – Anyway, for the moment I decompress the FSB file, and I get all the .wav music of the game.
      – I found the Clubloop file and I replace it another .wav file for a little
      – I make the new .fsb file with the official soft from here :
      http://www.fmod.org/index.php/fmod
      But there are too settings ! I tried some but ingame the music are mixed, accelerated, etc…

So this is my problem…

Wainting for your suggestions/help/questions
      Maybe I should use another tool to uncompress or replace directly the wave file…

Good night everybody (yes it’s 22:45pm here^^)

Vilam [file name=Decompresseur.rar size=35699]http://www.justcause2mods.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Decompresseur.rar[/file]

4thacauze10
      Participant

hey Vilam, first of all thanks for the link to those tools, i was tryin to figure out myself how to extract those sound files but nothing worked with gibbed tools, ill be trying this out right after i post this..

i will take a look at this since im try to do a sound mod myself, so i might just try and do what you did so i can recreate the issue and i’ll post back here, maybe you have made some progress since your post was two days ago now?

Yol Morefi

No sorry, I return my pc to asus due to noise and screen problem, I’ll work on this mod when I get it back and when school will be finished (in less than a moon).

Yol Morefi

So, noone know how to modify the music ?

Ninel

After you’ve done this will it be possible for us to modify your modified music with our own?

Yol Morefi

If you want, we may be able to able your song in the mod, so we can open the mod to the music members listen to. :)

hahahaha

which program i need to download from fmod? fmod sandbox?

Demonith

I try with this one FMOD Ex Programmers API

Private_Gm

Any idea how to use FMOD to import the sounds in game Again ???

yakkieyak

how do i place the mods. i don’t quite understand wat u are saying

yakkieyak

how do i place the mods

Henry

Haha, you should put some of daft punk’s music!

Jean Pierre Dalli
      Participant

I wish to change the in-game music, I already figured out how to extract it using fsbext which extracts the fsb files but how to convert the mp3’s to fsb so I can hear my custom music in-game?

EDIT: I merged this thread Modding the in-game music with the one above [WiP] Mile High Club’s Dj Mod – vb13

Big Boss
      Participant

WOW I would realy like to have MGS music in JC2 with my big boss skin then maybe latter add Snake’s voice for Rico

Go to http://www.freefileconvert.com/. Then go to covert file. When the page starts there will be a add.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

Assuming you get your mp3 transferred into an fsb…

Do you know which file I would put the fsb in?

(I haven’t tried the site you recommended yet,
      so I can neither confirm nor deny it works.) ;)

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

This looks like a very interesting project that was dropped a while back.

I’m bumping it in hopes that some of you new talented modders will look into it.

shaun

ill see what i can do in a couple of days. i only have my mac on me at the moment. im going to try to first modify the explosions, but then ill move onto the music.

shaun

I think i modified the grenade explosion instead of rocket. i cant find the rocket. i used this to recompile the fsb file. http://www.fmod.org/fmod-downloads.html#FMODExProgrammersAPI

I just dragged and dropped all the.wav files into the soundbank generator app and selected the PCM (big endian) format. left all else as default except for file name. also note that some files were rejected because they were unknown, despite being in wav format. I also couldnt open those files inside windows music player. the game loaded up fine with my modified fsb file though. im going to do more testing though

EDIT: game loads up fine but there are no weapon sounds lol. and it looks like the explosions arent controlled in the weapons_common apart from the flak.

i also put my fsb in the dropzone

Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about putting your own
      sounds in Jc2? Ive found the music.fsb files and extracted them using the software
      “fsbext” to get all the .wav files. Now i assume i rename my .wav with the filename
      Of the original i want to replace. Now does anyone know how i can EASILY make
      It an .fsb file again???! Thanks in advance, and any other tips/cool programs will be
      Appreciated! :woohoo:

CapoCapo
      Participant

Here is a link thread upon the same subject.

http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=16&id=2127#17707

There you will find some great information although the project was never finished.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

@camel_toe_O_yea

I merged your post with the thread Capo referenced.

Hopefully it will help you break some new ground.

Sound and Music files have been of interest to a lot of people,
      but no one’s “cracked the code”… yet.

thanks guys! will update my findings in that forum from now on. :cheer:

To summarise and explain to everyone (as well as those who have stumbled on this thread) what I’ve tried so far:

1. Sound files are located in just cause 2-sounds-fmod

2. The one I’m interested in is “Music_stereo.fsb” because this contains the soundtrack

3. I used a program called “fsbext” to extract the .mp3 files to a selected folder

4. I didnt want to use big audio files so kept them to 1m50secs at a bitrate of 128kbps

5. For example I replaced “02 RICO_nylon_theme.wav” (ends with .wav but is actually an mp3?!)with my 1m50s song using the filename “02 RICO_nylon_theme.wav” because I want to replace the original

6. Then using fmod’s soundbank generator or “fsbankex” program (which i downloaded from the link already posted in this thread) I then rebuilt the fsb file by dragging all the extracted .wav/.mp3 files into it, choosing a location and keeping all the default settings.

BUT… it didn’t work. The original sounds did but my new track didn’t. What I’ve learnt is that all the files when extracted are 128 bit rate and encoded by lame 3.98/3.98beta or similar encoders. That when I rebuild the file with default settings (see attached jpeg) the new .fsb file is 1.2gb instead of 127mb??!! but if I change the profile in the settings to mp3 instead of pcm and set the the bitrate to 128, it creates a similar sized file but somehow corrupts the game. I am, as I type, re-downloading the game through steam. 👿

CAN SOME1 ELSE PLEASE TRY MESSING AROUND WITH THIS B4 I GO INSANE!!!!!!!

thank you obi wan, you’re my only hope. Fmod_default_settings.jpg

dont know how to post in the other thread?? its all going wrong

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

camel_toe_O_yea wrote:

Quote:
      dont know how to post in the other thread?? its all going wrong

Don’t worry man – I combined the two threads into one.
      When you post here = It’s all in the same thread now. ;)

Sorry I don’t know more about the sound files, but
      we have some very very smart people here –
      I’m sure someone will jump in and help.

Thanks voxbox! :)

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

No problem. I forgot to say: Thank YOU for posting a lot of good information
      about your research so far (what you tried + what happened when you tried it…)

That’s the valuable kind of info that can eventually lead to breakthroughs!
      Modding JC2 is like breaking a code, so sharing info is key.

Much appreciated.

PS – I was just re-reading your post, and noticed you said:
      …it creates a similar sized file but somehow corrupts the game. I am, as I type, re-downloading the game through steam…

TIP: In Steam, in the Library, you can Verify integrity of Game Cache Files.
      Which means it will re-download only the files needed to fix the game install.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
      > Load Steam
      > From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
      > Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
      > Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
      > Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

I actually started building a replica soundbank of music_common.fsb (this is where all the combat music is stored) back around September, but then I got distracted, started researching other things, and so my research in that area has stagnated. However, after reading these posts I’ve started up again, and here is what little I could contribute:

After extracting all the .wav files (or mp3 if cameltoe is right) onto my hdd, I noticed something really weird. The bit rate was supposedly 4322 kbps, or that’s what windows said, anyways (320kbps is supposed to be the max bitrate for mp3 format, according to wikipedia?). This is very different from the bit rate that cameltoe had. So the files were luckily sampled at 44.1 KHz, which is normal for music. So we can get bit depth by dividing bitrate by sample rate, right? So:
      4334592 bits per second/44100 Samples per second (Hz)== ~98 bits. So we get roughly 98 bits for our bit depth, unless I’m doing something wrong, which I very well may be, since I only really learned how to calculate these things a few hours ago.

Anyway that’s what I found for the uncompressed files. For the compressed files, I used Aezay’s FSB Extractor (don’t get too excited, it extracts corrupted copies of what is in the JC2 fsb files) to find out what the stats for the compressed files were. Frequency is the same, obviously, but we see that the bits/sample ratio is 1.5. That’s 1.5 bits for every 1 sample. So what we can do now is multiply 44100 Hz by 1.5 and get the compressed bitrate. 44100*1.5==66150 bits. Take 66150 and divide it by 1024 and we get the compressed bitrate in KB. It comes out to ~64 bits, so the compressed bitrate should be about 64 bits. According to wikipedia this is a very low quality MP3 bitrate. So perhaps I’m doing something wrong, or the sound quality really is that bad in JC2? I think I may be doing something wrong.

That is strange, and I cant see how this would be right. I’m going to use 2 versions of fmod to copy the structure of the original Music_stereo.fsb file today using this guide I found:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/76421-tutorial-modding-wots-sounds/

It’s for another game but the principle’s the same. I think this is MY best shot because i cant get fsbext to work through command promt but if anyone else can and can get a structure list for the file post it on here! They’ve been trying the same as us on a “league of legends” forum for over a year!

hope you figure something out regarding this can of snakes we opened!!! Lol

Thanks voxbox for the tip, but tried that already. Im running the game and steam on an external hdd, with the mod files, backups and experiments all on there too, i think where iv copy and pasted on the drive so much its fragmented the drive so a fresh install (as my save is on the cloud) and a defrag have made it load quicker but not as quick as when I first installed it. That could be the specs of my machine or that iv got 15 different mods on the game but thats going off topic. Back to this cursed .fsb file mess!!!

Today I’ve spent hours successfully getting the files in the right order, only for fsbankex to do what it likes (it seems) when rebuilding the .fsb file. I have switched off the “encode sync points” option and this almost keeps to the structure but not completely. Another person has found similar issues with rebuilding .fsb files (using fsbext) and raised them on the program designers site (bottom of page):

http://aluigi.freeforums.org/post12734.html

After reading his success with other .fsb files in JC2 I’ve decided to try other files too. The obvious next one for me is the common_sounds.fsb. I’ve extracted it and rebuilt it with the original files only and all seems ok in-game. I hope my ramblings make some sort of sense and others can help out if they find anything. I might (like I originally posted) use fmod for the file but I think this might take months to complete, with no guaranteed decent result.

camel_toe_O_yea wrote:

Quote:
      That is strange, and I cant see how this would be right. I’m going to use 2 versions of fmod to copy the structure of the original Music_stereo.fsb file today using this guide I found:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/76421-tutorial-modding-wots-sounds/

It’s for another game but the principle’s the same. I think this is MY best shot because i cant get fsbext to work through command promt but if anyone else can and can get a structure list for the file post it on here! They’ve been trying the same as us on a “league of legends” forum for over a year!

hope you figure something out regarding this can of snakes we opened!!! Lol

Lol, that is the exact same site that I found when searching how to edit fmod files. I’m an avid player of WoT anyways, so it wasn’t too hard for me.

I give up trying to extract and rebuild this .fsb!!!! I’ve tried everything with the exception of making my own .fsb file through FMOD which for me just isn’t worth it. It’s such a pain when each time I think I’ve cracked it, an error shows up or my file doesn’t play. I managed to get fsbext to work through the command_prompt but it wouldn’t rebuild the original let alone my sound modifications!!! It did however say the fsb was a version 4, which came up with nothing on Google. If only JC2 had as much interest as GTA4/5 then there’d be a way round it by now!

I will be shifting my focus to skin mods, I am currently working on a new version of “owenwilson1″‘s superman skin, I will be liaising with him before uploading anything. Thanks for reading B)

I will continue to work on this as I have been researching this on and off for about a month now.

BUMP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkE3IrA6OWM

FictionSource is almost done with his tut. He also figured out how to get rid of the audio glitches in the vid.

Prepare your turntables. :P

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      mandella644 wrote:
      BUMP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkE3IrA6OWM

FictionSource is almost done with his tut. He also figured out how to get rid of the audio glitches in the vid.

Prepare your turntables. :P

Awesome! I’ll have to start checking this thread
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum/4-general-chat/21365-what-are-you-listening-to-right-now#29952
      for potential tracks. ;)

WHHAAAT?? I’d been working on and off of this for a year now and this genius comes along and solves everything??

Tutorial please!

In 10 hours from the time where I write this, the instructions will be released.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzTDkpbyWpE
      Be prepared!

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

Awesome! I’ll take a look at it — Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for posting.

Yol Morefi

Hi everybody, thank you for keeping this alive.
      I forgot jc2 for some times but I saw the email notifications so I’m back^^

Please put here the name of 1 or 2 song you’d like to see in my mod and I’ll try to do something =)

ALL HAIL HE WHO HATH RESTORED LIFE TO THIS FORUM AND GAME

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.