What made you choose your username?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Fun and Jokes What made you choose your username?

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author
      Noah

So what made you choose your name?

I’ll start:

A friend of mine called himself BlenderOfDeath on Warcraft 3 battlenet so I kinda just copied him a bit. That was 5 years ago, never been good with names :P

Your turn

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

Zen = “to be at one with something”
      nin = “ninjas say nin when they feel ultra cool and i like ryu hayabusa”

– Zenin = just sounds cool i guess :cheer:

Nkosi

Nkosi is actually the leader of a meerkat clan i saw in a tv documentation.

The funny thing was the guy who spoke he comments had imagined some kind of roleplay story for the clips of that meerkat clan and spoke about em like they where a gang. “…and Nkosi the Leader of this strong gang watches out for enemies all the day long” *Nkosi stands up on his rear legs and watches the surrounding area* i loled hard^^

Nkosi wrote:

Quote:
      Nkosi is actually the leader of a meerkat clan i saw in a tv documentation.

The funny thing was the guy who spoke he comments had imagined some kind of roleplay story for the clips of that meerkat clan and spoke about em like they where a gang. “…and Nkosi the Leader of this strong gang watches out for enemies all the day long” *Nkosi stands up on his rear legs and watches the surrounding area* i loled hard^^

Nkosi is also the first word in the South African anthem.

My username, well. I can’t remember where it started, all I know is I use it in EVERYTHING, except youtube where the name was taken. If I don’t use rebel28, I use therebel28, but sometimes they’re both taken.

Nkosi
      Quote:
      rebel28 wrote:
      Nkosi is also the first word in the South African anthem.

Hm ok didnt know that, thanks. :)
      actually checked back wiki and found “(Xhosa) Nkosi sikelel’ iAfrika”=”God [Lord] bless Africa” … God is translated with Nkosi in Afrikaans?^^

Rozzatron

It’s my nickname.

Julien

Mr. Blam because I use this name in counter strike source, and only use the knife against people with guns, and when ever i kill someone with the knife i say BLAM!!!!

staplerpirate
      Participant

Some may wonder “how the f*ck do you come up with Stapler Pirate”. the truth is I wanted a unique name that made people go “WTF!”. I was at school and I was thinking about pirates (as you do) and a friend shouted “STEVO” to another friends. I heard “STAPLER”. Then I put 2 and 2 together… And now I am Stapler Pirate.

For me it was fairly simple.
      I am a huge Zombie fan, and I like fire.

IE: Corpsefire.

Friend: What’s a war vet? Someone who treats horses in war?
      Me: *facepalm, then boisterous laughing*

Then I came up with a username.

Pridit
      Participant

Wanted a unique name. Came up with Pridit in ’07

tony

because i get told everywhere i go that i look like owen wilson..
      i went to orlando florida for 2 weeks was a nightmare was followed asked for autographs.

Tony

Ive had myne since 2007 and a long story so ill make it short

I use to play on a game called territory war online i kicked ass on that game and i was facing this guy forgot his name :huh: so as i killed all his guys and about to pwn his ass he said you grizzlykiller THEN i killed him quite funny too his head just exploded

So then when UT3 came out in novembe i think it was i had to think of a username then it hit me like a ton of bricks grizzlykiller!!!
      many people call me grizzly but the legend of grizzlykiller lives on 😆

im JC2Hunter
      cauze i like to hunt in Just cause 2 , i hunt every man whit my weapons: dual pistols,sniper,grenades, tiggered bomb and GRAPLING HOOK! ;)

Isak

My commonly used forum name “DejaVu” was used at the Toribash forums, but since I use Lol-Nade as my Steam username, I stuck with it for everything else.

Lol-Nade is basically an inside joke. My friend and I played CS:S in the cs_office, and we had grenade wars. We laughed pretty hard.

“lolololol *boom*”

Sometimes it’s lolinade, LolNade, etc.

fox

I chose fox because i know it is the most original username ever

Pete
      Aaron

Hmmm “Dominator” makes me feel like I:ohmy: rule something or conqor the world lol. the dots i think just makes it look cool i guess. :silly:

Pete

At least you’re honest :D

I chose this name because it was the only one that wasnt already taken! Now my name is Boneless Skeleton, but I don’t know how to change my name :P

sheep

sheepysheep

i chose it based on a warcraft 3 easter egg where the sheeps *and possibly other animals* would explode if were clicked violently. and yes it has nothing to do with just cause 2, or explosions.

Ninel

Ninel is Lenin spelt backwards. Lenin is the nickname of the courageous and mighty leader of the 1917 Russian Revolution and leader and founder of the Bolshevik party which later became known as the soviets.

Coldie

Mine was chosen because I started the Coldie trend back in Battlefield 2. It actually started out as a GameSpy automatic chosen nickname: Coldsasquatch. I later shortened it to Coldie, and now I use it for all my games.
      TL;DR: Gamespy chose ColdSasquatch and I use Coldie.

Wayne

I just made this name up one day nad used it.

Wayne

and this was my steam name.

Powerslave212
      Participant

powerslave212 (This account, e-mail address and first xbox gamertag)
      Powerslave because it’s the name of an album and song by Iron Maiden.
      212 because powerslave was already taken.

3Clowns1Hammer (my youtube name)
      A parody name for the horrible 3guys1hammer video.

first i tried to just call myself tom,but always it was taken,then i tried wolf obviously also taken,so i tried variations of those and ended up with this.i think im the only on with this name.never it was taken and i never saw it anywhere.probably because it sucks:lol:

Isabell

JustRico- Cuz i am a fan of JC. :P GameGirl- because everyone used to call me “dude” _>” title=”>_>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> because i am known as DarkAssassin710. so it kinda annoyed me and i added that GameGirl thingy B) justcausehumanhood3rrr.jpg

Enrico

Because I used to be a fan of Pokemon, and my fav Pokemon back then was Charizard. So I just added TheMighty to my name, because Charizard is mighty after all. :P

I play Yu-gi-oh now!

Erik

Im super and my fav character in a movie is twister super-twister.:D

taiiat

it’s interesting how exotic name choosing ends up being for most people. i found it easy.

taiiat – the letters, tai are in my name, and it is simply reversed once. couldn’t get much simpler.

Because im known as Ninja For Hire on another forum.

Jonathan

I like Lotus Elises.

That’s all

Peter

mines just a weird one, i was like 5 and i ‘needed’ an account for a childrens game that was popular at the time called ‘club penguin’ i didnt know what to use as my username so i randomly typed 5 letters them being ‘Xtrao’ and i’ve used that as my username in everything ever since but someone got the youtube name so i used xtraoproductions -_-

but yea thats my weird and exciting (not) story of MY username :P

Seb VW

my name is based on omg you killed kenny

Frank

I chose Letharg because my father always used to call me Letharg.

Martin

Hmm… Frak Munkie.

Well.. All of us have seen Battle Star Galactica and know what “Frak” replaces… Now… I couln’t very well use that as a game name… so I chose Monkey.. but to be different I did a retard job on it.. spelling it Munkie.

I first got into gaming.. wiped the [email protected] out of the entire 40 player battlefield, came first and watched the replay.

I jumped around a lot.
      And I like snipers and High places.. So Munkie was naturally suited to the aspect of being all over the place.
      And Frak.. well I frakk’d every one of those motherfrakkers in my first ever FPS game.
      Ever.

It has stuck since.

I’m PC Punisher because I don’t own a MAC. & The OFC means Old Farts Clan. All members are 35 or older & Kick Noobie A$$E$.

Prepare to be punished!

Diego

I honestly have no idea why I chose my username. Siopao sounds like some chinese food(oh wait…it is)

I’m called UltraElectroMagnetic, or UltraEM on most other places.

Eric

Sir Noodle Head didn’t fit

Big Boss
      Participant

I chose Big boss as my name because I was betrayed by my close friends like he was. I was to young and naive once(snake) but I had to grow up(big boss) fast. I am 20 years old and I have more experience in life than people far older than me. From birth I was surrounded by war in my country Croatia, there are still some tensions in the Balkans I am happy that I live but many don’t and that is sad. There are no winners in war, but for freedom war is sometime a necessary evil.

I have trouble believing in anybody.
      I always fight for what I believe in.
      I don’t have a spot open for ideology and I wouldn’t die for some ideology.
      I love how Snake fights for no country or ideology he fights for himself he doesn’t want to be a puppet of the politicians, a pawn in a game.

And actually some of my friends call me “Veliki šef” (big boss translated from Croatian) because I am 1.93 m tall

My name has a story behind it, in fact I have the story stored in a misc folder on my desktop just for this occasion. Here it is:

Okay, so once upon a dead hobo: Little Wonkeh wanted to hear a story from his father. So Father told him a story about the first presidential election, the senators of all 50 states all needed to race across the nation making their own form of transportation, the winner would be declared president.

Skipping all the unnecessary details, the senator from Florida was named Wonkehcheetah, he tried to shoot himself across the nation from a cannon. Unfortunately, the cannon was loaded with a cannon ball, so when the cannon went off: it blew Wonkehcheetah into a billion pieces.

The name describes my goofy, playful, and sometimes idiotic sense of humor. So I use that as my name (or Wonkeh If Wonkehcheetah is too long) for like everything.

Annie

I love ponies, that’s what. And my fav pony is RD, so I just put 101 in front (because 101 dalmatians is one of my fav movies) and there you go!

Strelnikov
      Participant

Don’t know why I picked this one. I go by Strelnikov now. Why? SON OF THE ***** TYPEWRITER
      http://www.scp-wiki.net/agent-strelnikov-s-personnel-file

Anonymous
      Inactive

The name MASTERCONTROL!!!! comes from when I was 11 on my playstation and my account being the master account, I had MASTERCONTROL!!!! over the other accounts. Where exclamations and capitals are not allowed in usernames, I go by ka-BONK.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

MASTERCONTROL!!!! wrote:

Quote:
      The name MASTERCONTROL!!!! comes from when I was 11 on my playstation and my account being the master account, I had MASTERCONTROL!!!! over the other accounts. Where exclamations and capitals are not allowed in usernames, I go by ka-BONK.

That’s hilarious. ;)

Of course the natural next question is…
      What made you choose the other user name: ka-BONK?

Anonymous
      Inactive

ka-BONK comes from when I first made an account for Playstation Network and MASTERCONTROL!!!! was not availible (No exclamations!) So being spoiled by steam’s ability to change your name at will, I just came up with a random name to hold me over until I could think of a better name. Well, you can’t change your name there and I was stuck with ka-BONK. Eventually I got used to it and started to go by it.

Anonymous
      Inactive
Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.