Weapons.bin modifications

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Weapons.bin modifications

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #79872
      Nick
      Member

      Weapons.bin is it’s own little world. It describes everything about your weapons, from the effects used for the bullets, to the damage they cause and the range the AI will tend to fire at you from.

      A quick warning before we begin. Enemies use the same weapons you do, and get many of the same advantages. Some things, like adding a scope to your shotgun, won’t do anything but benefit you. Others, like making that same shotgun fire 200 rounds per shot, or making the rocket launcher have an explosive radius of 40 yards, will make the game a nightmare for you.

      Oh, and a second quick aside, every weapon in the game is in weapons.bin, including the weapons on vehicles and the mounted minigun. It can get confusing, so look for

      Quote:
      Grapplinghook

      Every item has the actual display name somewhere in the variables. Helps you figure out what you’re looking at.

      First, general structure. Entries are marked off as objects. Every entry looks like this to some degree.

      Quote:

      WEAPON_MODIFIER_DUALWIELD_PISTOL

      0.5
      19
      100
      750
      10
      2
      1
      1
      Beretta
      48
      0
      0.11
      -0.35
      0
      2
      0
      0
      WeaponsWEA02WEA02_LOD1-WEA02.rbm
      Beretta Handgun
      0.032
      0.4
      0.8
      0
      3
      6
      0
      0.15
      0
      0
      0
      1
      100
      0.03
      1
      0.3
      1
      0
      1
      0
      0
      0.85
      0.2
      1
      2

      0.05
      1
      2
      0
      10
      10
      0.25
      AI_MODIFIER_PISTOL
      0.85
      1
      0.1
      0.3
      0.1
      1
      0.1
      0.1
      1
      0.15
      0
      0.2
      1.25
      0.55
      0.25
      0.65
      10
      0.05
      8
      50
      0
      0
      30
      10
      1

      Obviously, that’s alot of variables. Many of them are fairly self explanatory. Let’s start with the first chunk, mostly affecting actual weapon performance.

      Lots of values. As I said, many self explanitory.

      – Damage Radius – Make your bullets impact an area five feet wide, like the rocket launcher

      – Ammo Max range – this specific range value determines how long the bullets live in game

      – Velocity – Exactly what youd expect. Make slow motion bullets to crash your physics engine, or fast moving bullets so that your sniper rifle is pretty much a rail gun.

      – Bullets per shot – Make your shotgun fire twice or three times as much, make your assault rifle spray like a fire hose.

      – Spread – the number of meters the shots spread to within a distance as yet undetermined (like 20 feet). 0 means no spread. 1 is the standard shotgun spread, goes out to like 1 meter. Set it to 15 and increase the bullet count to 200 and you’ll fill the screen with shotgun pellets.

      – scope/silencer – as with many values, 1 is true and 0 is false. Put 1 in the scope values to make it into a sniper, however not all weapons accept this well. The SMG, for instance, fires a stream from the top left as opposed to the center of the screen, making aiming a bit awkward.

      Also, the silencer means you won’t hear that shotgun fire until it’s too late (remember, enemies get benefit too)

      – Firemode – 1 is auto fire, 0 is semiauto.

      – Laser aim, two handed, are true = 1 false = 0 variables. The rocket launcher bugs when you make it two handed, the large shotgun and assault rifle actually work really well. They stick to your legs just like smaller arms, and Rico just looks that much more like a badass.

      – Tracer Variables – random fun with FX. Change the tracer scale to shoot bullets the size of aircraft carriers, or make them completely invisible. Change the width, etc for more effects. Zero changes to other gameplay, just visual fun.

      – Vehicle Impulse – A fun little variable that affects how your shots affect vehicles. Give your rocket launcher an impulse of 1000 to launch vehicles into orbit. Have not tested it’s affects on NPC ragdoll physics, but it’s believed that there are separate ragdoll variables we haven’t found in other files.

      – Recoil factor – Untested variable, but I believe this is a large part of what governs accuracy in this game. Most weapons are relatively accurate even the shotguns which are governed more by spread and bullet count than any actual accuracy variable. Inevitably, when aiming at something 90% of the time you fire a stream of bullets in their direction no matter what, so I’ve largely left this variable alone.

      – Max range, optimal range, retreat range, melee range, etc etc. – VERY IMPORTANT these do NOT affect weapon performance so far as I’ve been able to tell from testing. These are all specifically AI variables.

      These

      Quote:
      50
      0
      0
      30
      10

      Max range means they’ll run this close before shooting generally, optimal range means they’ll try to get at least that close, retreat range and melee range are obvious. So far as I’ve been able to test, I made the mistake of making the assault rifle 500 yards and got lasered up in the friggin mountains by pursuing NPCs.

      Now the rest of these, and more below them primarily affect the visuals. Bullet type will make your gun fire rockets, or make your rocket laucher fire bullets. Fire effect ID obviously is another visual effect reference (more on that in a minute).

      This is a useful chart for those of you who might want to change some values. It has the variables in spreadsheet form for many of the options in weapons.bin. Want to replace the assault rifle shots with the effects from the cannon on the G9 (A somethingawful goon made this mod) you can. Just remember that visual effects changes to a weapon don’t generally change the damage, physics, etc of what happens when you shoot something with it.

      http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am_BS1RkWf3rdE5SWVZ0YS14TVdfcGV1RFRVR0RRTHc&hl=en

      ::Update::

      Modifying explosive range on the triggered mine/grenade

      Weapons.bin has some values at the very top which affect the grenade and triggered mine. Let’s get a copy of code…

      Quote:

      64
      6
      25
      35
      61
      1
      0
      ModelsWeaponsWEA33WEA33_LOD1-WEA33_COL.pfx
      404
      dis
      6
      det
      act
      0.2
      3.5
      CHandGrenade
      1
      WEA33
      WeaponsWEA33WEA33_LOD1-WEA33.rbm
      40
      1
      1,0,0, 0,1,0, 0,0,1, 0,0,0

      10
      12
      14
      16
      18
      20


      500
      550
      600
      650
      700
      750


      1000
      1100
      1200
      1300
      1400
      1500


      4
      5
      5.5
      6
      6.5
      7



      0
      25
      2
      20
      -1
      1
      0
      ModelsWeaponsWEA35WEA35_LOD1-WEA35_COL.pfx
      dis
      7
      det
      act
      0.2
      1
      CTriggeredExplosive
      1
      WEA35
      WeaponsWEA35WEA35_LOD1-TTE.rbm
      11
      42
      1
      12
      1,0,0, 0,1,0, 0,0,1, 0,0,0

      10
      12
      14
      16
      18
      20


      750
      800
      850
      900
      950
      1000


      1500
      1600
      1700
      1800
      1900
      2000


      5
      6
      7
      8
      9
      10

      As you can see, there are three values with upgrade levels. Damage, impulse, and range. The levels set are 0-5 for upgrade levels 1-6, and all you have to do is mod them however you please. The values shown for range are modified by me in this file, I left damage and impulse alone (they’ll both do a good amount of damage anyway) and modified the range slightly. I think I added 4 feet to the c4’s radius and 2 or 3 to the grenade’s.

      Fair warning, increasing these to fifty or a hundred means you’ll get hit by your own explosions often. Also note, that changing the size does not change the explosion graphic, so you’ll need to mod the explosion FX to make them fit if you decide to make the blast radius 20 feet wide. Or you’ll just get hit without ever being able to see the actual in game range.

    • #84036
      curtis
      Member

      thank’s, really helpdfull for people like me who don’t know what the hell they are doing :whistle:

    • #84101
      Steven
      Member

      thanks a lot dude. really helped me. I was looking at the wrong section at first :P

    • #84037

      Cool easy learn quick, weapon modded make >10-302040< bullet per shot, pretty easy 1 shot blow up vehicle ūüėÜ

      Idea new weapon modded SMG change bullet_impact_effect_id 5 make SMG rocket :)

      bullet_impact_effect_id code
      2, 36, 37 – bullet
      5, 168 – rocket
      35 – grenade launcher
      377 – cannon

      minigun cannon :cheese:
      95298829-3.jpg

    • #84038
      yuit420
      Member

      The weapons.bin doesn’t open to look like that, it looks like a buncha squares with random wording encoded into it.

      Could you explain how to display the xml format you’re showing?

      Gibbed.Avalanche.bin2xml.exe — doesn’t work.

      It opens then closes immediately.

    • #84904
      Steven
      Member

      yuit420 wrote:Gibbed.Avalanche.bin2xml.exe — doesn’t work.

      It opens then closes immediately.[/quote]
      You have to dragon the BIN file over top of the bin2xml converter instead of just opening it.

    • #84905
      TARDY
      Member

      Excuse me, I just want to know how to add a zoom to the assault Rifle, like the sniper :blush:

      Can you help me please ?

    • #86301
      Gawl
      Member

      Add this:

      Code:
      3

      between “ricochet_freq” and “sound_empty_id”

      It won’t show the scope, but the effect should be there.

    • #86302
      Shawn
      Member

      looks like there’s different types of scope ’cause I put 1 and it gives a 2x zoom only and there you say 3 for the scope like the sniper. I might give a try on other values to see how many scope types there are B)

    • #86307
      TARDY
      Member

      Thank you, it’s work well ;)

    • #84039
      Nicklas
      Member

      how to open .bin files then?

    • #84040
      Tony
      Member

      this tutorial has helped me alot to the people who cant open the bin file here how to do i copy your .bin file to justcause2.tools then drag it witn your cursor to Bin2Xml then release it should make a file exactly the same in xml format then you open it with notepad or wordpad simples

    • #86884
      Junaid
      Member

      i made the mingun laseraim or something to 1 but he doesnt duel wield it .can someone show me how to do it?:S

    • #84041
      Daniel
      Member

      Where is the weapon.bin file?!:$ God I’m noob. :)

      -Daniel.<img src="smileys/heart.gif" width="" height="" alt="<3" title="

    • #84042
      NotSoCoolJ
      Member

      I Downloaded the K22 weaponized Mod and now I die to every rocket launcher?
      According to the comments, the damage radius was also changed on these items. Can I just remove the weapons.bin that is in the dropzone folder and have my weaponized K22 just do the default damage for the auto cannon ETC? I really don’t care for the increased damage radius and huge explosions.

      I have the weapons.bin file converted to XML and am ready to make the changes if I must. I have also located the correct weapons(I think). I just need to know the default values for these strings.
      Example.

      Code:
      1
      1
      60
      800
      10000
      4000
      246
      5

      Thanks for your help.

      EDIT:
      I just removed the weapons.bin and now everything is working perfectly. Looks like I could have some fun with this though. I think we need a revolver with a scope. Don’t you?:evil:

    • #87672
      Frank
      Member

      what values do you need to change so ricco’s pistol will do damage to structures ??

    • #87716
      Gawl
      Member

      velgarrn wrote:

      Quote:
      what values do you need to change so ricco’s pistol will do damage to structures ??

      “bullettype” and possibly “bullet_impact_effect_id” as well.

      From the minigun:

      Quote:
      value name=”bullet_impact_effect_id” type=”int”>161</value
      value name=”bullettype” type=”int”>12</value

      Adding this to the revolver makes it able to destroy structures but you lose the ability to shoot through windshields.

    • #87729
      Frank
      Member

      From the minigun:

      value name=”bullet_impact_effect_id” type=”int”>161</value
      value name=”bullettype” type=”int”>12</value

      I tried changing both values together and each one separately without the desired effect,
      this is my first mod
      I am trying to make it so the pistol can also destroy statues, sam sites, etc

    • #87736
      B-17
      Member

      When I drag my modified weapons.xml over Gibbed.Avalanche.xml2bin.exe it just says “Gibbed.Avalanche.xml2bin.exe” has stopped working and it won’t change it back. Any ideas? :blush:

      EDIT: Nevermind I got the code wrong, sorted.

    • #84043
      TARDY
      Member

      Excuse me, what is the name of the sub machine gun in Weapons.bin ? :P
      How can I change the damage I do when I use it ?:P

    • #84044
      TARDY
      Member

      Please help me !How can I make this weapon to make more damage ?:blink:

    • #89407
      Hubert
      Member

      I believe this is the line for damage of a weapon:

      not sure what the name is specifically, but I think it is just a machine gun with different modifiers. Look for the term “dual wield” in the machine gun code. That one will be the smaller one as you cannot dual wield the large machine gun. Alternatively, you can check the “twohanded” value, and the one that is true will be the sub machine gun.

      “twohanded” is described in the OP

    • #84045
      Jackson
      Member

      im totally lost on how to make a .bin into xml format…. i drag and drop the file onto the Gibbed.Avalanche.bin2xml.exe but nothing happens, it says it wants to make a new file for it winRAR…. :S

    • #84046
      Johnny
      Member

      Thanks men <img src="smileys/heart.gif" width="" height="" alt="<3" title="

    • #89724
      x
      Participant
      Quote:
      Oh, and a second quick aside, every weapon in the game is in weapons.bin, including the weapons on vehicles and the mounted minigun. It can get confusing, so look for

      Even dlc items?

    • #84047
      hahahaha
      Member

      no, dlc weapons have their own x_weapon.bin. just open the dlc file and you will see there is a weapon.bin file. but the weapons of the dlc vehicles like hoovercraft, tuktuk boomboom etc. are already in the weapons.bin

    • #90044
      x
      Participant

      hahahaha wrote:

      Quote:
      no, dlc weapons have their own x_weapon.bin. just open the dlc file and you will see there is a weapon.bin file. but the weapons of the dlc vehicles like hoovercraft, tuktuk boomboom etc. are already in the weapons.bin

      Thanks. Now I’m faced with a different problem: My slightly modded airzooka disappeared from the blackmarket.

    • #84048
      hahahaha
      Member

      you need to pack out every file from the dlc, so that means also 1_blackmarket.bin 1_dlcinfo.bin 1_locator.csv and the others. then mod the weapon file and extract back to bin. put all files into dropzone/dlc folder. there mustnt be anything other in the dropzone folder. then start the game and minimize it. there should be some .arc and .tab file in the dropzone folder. copy them into the just cause 2/dlc folder and rename them to pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc. restart the game. dont forget to backup ur original pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc

    • #84049
      mike
      Member

      can someone help me on how to give pistol laser aim?
      I’m assuming that laser aim=laser sight like the ai sniper has? or does it only work for ai?
      Or am I just mistaken?

      Thanks for your help!

      Also, I been trying to find the AI vehical damage value, but having no luck
      I tried D84846D0, and 69076EF9, only a few more to go :S

    • #90060
      x
      Participant

      hahahaha wrote:

      Quote:
      you need to pack out every file from the dlc, so that means also 1_blackmarket.bin 1_dlcinfo.bin 1_locator.csv and the others. then mod the weapon file and extract back to bin. put all files into dropzone/dlc folder. there mustnt be anything other in the dropzone folder. then start the game and minimize it. there should be some .arc and .tab file in the dropzone folder. copy them into the just cause 2/dlc folder and rename them to pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc. restart the game. dont forget to backup ur original pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc

      Thanks! Although, which value controls the pushing force of a weapon?

    • #84050
      dazzy
      Member

      Quick question:

      How do increase the ammo per clip and max ammo ?

    • #90686
      8thor8
      Participant

      weaponupgrades.bin is the best for that sort of stuff.

    • #90061
      NotSoCoolJ
      Member

      hahahaha wrote:

      Quote:
      you need to pack out every file from the dlc, so that means also 1_blackmarket.bin 1_dlcinfo.bin 1_locator.csv and the others. then mod the weapon file and extract back to bin. put all files into dropzone/dlc folder. there mustnt be anything other in the dropzone folder. then start the game and minimize it. there should be some .arc and .tab file in the dropzone folder. copy them into the just cause 2/dlc folder and rename them to pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc. restart the game. dont forget to backup ur original pc_10.tab and pc_10.arc

      I just thought I would clarify. using the game like a compiler like this can get you screwed up. It will compile anything in the Dropzone folder and it will be added to the new DLC pack you just made. You will have to move all the other mods from the dropzone folder and put them back after you have compiled.

    • #90697
      bjoern
      Member

      how make i a bigger firework cloud?

      i have made a good trigger bomb (like a nuke)
      but the explosion cloud is to little

    • #84051
      Matt
      Member

      Is there any way to insert an alternate audio file to the “6” the “sound_fire_id’ is referring to? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anything about audio modding.

    • #84052

      :police: Gotcha on this one, I think. What is the meaning of the tracer value. What does it do?

    • #92165
      Derp
      Member

      Does anyone know what the line looks like for rockets fired by aircrafts? I want to make it so when you fire missiles for jets it locks onto other planes in mid air

    • #84053
      masamune30
      Member

      would it be possible to make the impact from the sniper be the same explosion effect as the max upgraded triggered explosive?

    • #92293
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      I’ve been messing with weapons.bin file on and off for a while now.
      I just noticed this thread for the first time…

      Some really good info here from “thespiritfox”
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=359&limit=20#359

      It gives me some ideas…

    • #84054
      Brian
      Participant

      how do i make a gun have a laser? if i change the “laser_aim” value, nothing happens. help?

    • #84055
      Brian
      Participant

      how do i make a gun have a laser? if i change the “laser_aim” value, nothing happens. help?

    • #93822
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      I’m not sure all weapons will actually show the laser aim effect,
      even tho there’s a laser aim line of code in each weapon.
      I haven’t tested this myself.

      Are you just changing the value from 0 to 1?

      Have you tried troubleshooting by finding a weapon that DOES have
      laser aim, and trying to turn it off?

      Good luck and let us know if you have any results!

    • #84056
      Noah
      Member

      Hey can someone help me? I want to make my submachine gun as powerful or even more powerful than a machine gun. Or can I make the assault rifle one handed and more powerful? Also where are dlc weapons? I want to make Rico Sig gun automatic

    • #95233
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Newah wrote:

      Quote:
      Hey can someone help me? I want to make my submachine gun as powerful or even more powerful than a machine gun. Or can I make the assault rifle one handed and more powerful?

      The first post of this thread covers all of this:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=359&limit=20#359

      Newah wrote:

      Quote:
      Also where are dlc weapons? I want to make Rico Sig gun automatic

      The DLC items are in pc-00 thru pc-190

    • #95234
      Noah
      Member

      voxbox13 wrote:

      Quote:
      Newah wrote:

      Quote:
      Also where are dlc weapons? I want to make Rico Sig gun automatic

      The DLC items are in pc-00 thru pc-190

      Sorry, should have rephrased that. Where can I find a list of which is which, and how to do Open/Edit ARC and TAB files?

    • #95237
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Newah wrote:

      Quote:
      Sorry, should have rephrased that. Where can I find a list of which is which, and how to do Open/Edit ARC and TAB files?

      No problem. Fortunately, I have my flash drive with me. (It has all my notes & files.)



      Archive Viewer
      In Archive Viewer, go to Settings.
      – Turn ON ‚ÄúSave Only Known File Types‚ÄĚ
      – Turn OFF ‚ÄúDecompress Unknown Files‚ÄĚ
      – Turn OFF ‚ÄúDecompress Small Archives‚ÄĚ

      GibbedsArchiveViewer-Settings-1.jpg



      Here’s a very rough list of some DLC items.
      It’s not complete, but should get you started.
      (I think some of the parachute files may be labeled wrong – I made this a long time ago.)

      DLC-ROUGHLIST.jpg


    • #84057
      Nothing
      Member

      This is certainly helpful, but one thing I’m trying to figure out is the exact place where you can modify damage. I can’t find, or distinguish which text represents the upgrade improvements for certain weapons. To be more specific, I’m trying to find the upgrade level statistics on each stage for the revolver, then I plan on using that as a basis to tweak another gun. Anybody have any ideas?

    • #95417
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      This is certainly helpful, but one thing I’m trying to figure out is the exact place where you can modify damage. I can’t find, or distinguish which text represents the upgrade improvements for certain weapons. To be more specific, I’m trying to find the upgrade level statistics on each stage for the revolver, then I plan on using that as a basis to tweak another gun. Anybody have any ideas?

      This may help:

      Weapons.bin modifications
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=359#359

    • #95418
      Nothing
      Member

      That’s the information I was saying was helpful in the first place, but I didn’t find what exactly I needed within its contents, which is why I asked what I did. I’m new the modding thing, so if some seemingly simple concepts passed over my head, sorry for not comprehending it. Damage appears to be defined, so I guess that’s one thing out of the way.

      But as far as weapon levels? I only see it for the explosives sections, not for weapons like the revolver.

    • #95426
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      That’s the information I was saying was helpful in the first place, but I didn’t find what exactly I needed within its contents, which is why I asked what I did. I’m new the modding thing, so if some seemingly simple concepts passed over my head, sorry for not comprehending it. Damage appears to be defined, so I guess that’s one thing out of the way.

      But as far as weapon levels? I only see it for the explosives sections, not for weapons like the revolver.

      Sorry – my bad for not understanding that you’d already looked at that info.

      The weapon settings are actually in 2 files:
      weapons.bin
      weapon_upgrades.bin

      In weapons.bin, you’ll find values for lines like these:
      ammo_max_damage_ai
      ammo_max_range
      ammo_velocity
      vehicle_dmg_factor
      vehicle_impulse_factor

      In weapon_upgrades.bin, you’ll find values for lines like these:
      damage
      damage_max
      impulse
      (In weapon_upgrades – these break-down into levels, corresponding to the upgrade level.)

      In both files:
      The numbers in those lines/rows control the amount/level/setting of that property.

      It can take some testing to find the values you want.
      It’s a little more art than science for how much to adjust the numbers.

      I hope this helps.

      Did you try the tutorial for adjusting the Rocket Launcher?
      That might give you a good introduction.

    • #95427
      Nothing
      Member

      Adjusting the rocket launcher? I think I missed that tutorial. But anyway, thank you. The file names you specified helped me figure out what to edit. Although now I’m a bit confused on what I do once I turn the files back into .bin format.

      I’m not sure how exactly I can add the change into my game correctly now. From what I’ve seen, I know Dropzone has something to do with it.

    • #95429
      CapoCapo
      Participant

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      Adjusting the rocket launcher? I think I missed that tutorial. But anyway, thank you. The file names you specified helped me figure out what to edit. Although now I’m a bit confused on what I do once I turn the files back into .bin format.

      I’m not sure how exactly I can add the change into my game correctly now. From what I’ve seen, I know Dropbox has something to do with it.

      Dropbox ?

      It must be placed in your dropzone after you convert the .xml back to .bin

    • #95431
      Nothing
      Member

      Oops, not sure why I typed it out like that. Just the lone file then?

    • #95455
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      Oops, not sure why I typed it out like that. Just the lone file then?

      Yes, the .bin files can just go into dropzone folder.

      PS – The Rocket Launcher tutorial I was talking about is near the bottom of this post:

      Introduction to JC2 Modding
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=361#361

    • #84058

      Is there any information on where weapon skins (not dlc, just those in weapons.bin) are located?

    • #95458
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      CoconutFred wrote:

      Quote:
      Is there any information on where weapon skins (not dlc, just those in weapons.bin) are located?

      No one has been able to do that yet. Only the DLC weapon skins have been successful so far.

      I was hoping nroth’s new JCCE tool would help us with this.

    • #95456
      Nothing
      Member

      Is there a different process if it’s a DLC weapon? Because my changes on the weapon don’t seem to be working by simply putting it in the dropzone folder.

    • #84059

      I’m pretty sure DLC mods need to directly replace the .arc/tab file in the DLC folder. To create an .arc/tab file, take everything out of your dropzone folder except for what you want in your .arc/tab file, start Just Cause 2, and minimize to windows. There should be a separate_files.arc and .tab file in your dropzone folder. Copy and rename these to replace whatever DLC you want to replace.

      If there’s another method, I haven’t seen it done yet.

      EDIT: You can also use the new JCCE editor to create arc/tab files, forgot about that, my bad.

    • #95459
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      Is there a different process if it’s a DLC weapon? Because my changes on the weapon don’t seem to be working by simply putting it in the dropzone folder.

      Yes, it’s a different process for DLC items. You have to repack DLC into .arc/.tab files.

      See this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=16131#16131

      Or this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=12368#12368

      ;)

    • #84060

      Anyone have any idea on what the 6A1FB54C value in weapon upgrades.bin does? Also, I’m trying to increase the range of the grenade launcher (which as of now can barely launch a wet piece of paper more than 2 feet), any ideas?

    • #95468
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      CoconutFred wrote:

      Quote:
      Anyone have any idea on what the 6A1FB54C value in weapon upgrades.bin does? Also, I’m trying to increase the range of the grenade launcher (which as of now can barely launch a wet piece of paper more than 2 feet), any ideas?

      Hey – I’m not sure what 6A1FB54C does. I’ve never tested it.

      However, I had the same complaint about the grenade launcher, so this is what I did:

      In weapons.bin I changed these values

      ammo_max_range (from 300 to 500)
      ammo_velocity (from 60 to 100)

      Also (for fun and to make it more sportsmanlike) I changed

      max_range (under ai_parameters section) from 100 to 300

      Hope this helps. ;)

    • #95460
      Nothing
      Member

      voxbox13 wrote:

      Quote:
      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      Is there a different process if it’s a DLC weapon? Because my changes on the weapon don’t seem to be working by simply putting it in the dropzone folder.

      Yes, it’s a different process for DLC items. You have to repack DLC into .arc/.tab files.

      See this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=16131#16131

      Or this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=12368#12368

      ;)

      Thanks so much! I finally was able to see the changes I made in-game for the DLC item I was editing. I must apologize though, you’ve been so helpful already.. But I have one last inquiry that would help me finish what I’ve been trying to create.

      I’m trying to get the weapon to share ammunition, and gain ammunition from revolver pickups. How would I change the exclusivity of DLC ammunition to refill on this more common ammunition? Knowing how to do it for weapons in general would be very useful.

    • #95469

      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      voxbox13 wrote:

      Quote:
      Notanything wrote:

      Quote:
      Is there a different process if it’s a DLC weapon? Because my changes on the weapon don’t seem to be working by simply putting it in the dropzone folder.

      Yes, it’s a different process for DLC items. You have to repack DLC into .arc/.tab files.

      See this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=16131#16131

      Or this post:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=12368#12368

      ;)

      Thanks so much! I finally was able to see the changes I made in-game for the DLC item I was editing. I must apologize though, you’ve been so helpful already.. But I have one last inquiry that would help me finish what I’ve been trying to create.

      I’m trying to get the weapon to share ammunition, and gain ammunition from revolver pickups. How would I change the exclusivity of DLC ammunition to refill on this more common ammunition? Knowing how to do it for weapons in general would be very useful.

      In weapons.bin, for each weapon, there’s a value called “bullettype”. Look for that. Each handheld weapon should have its own unique bullet type id, and you can make weapons share the same ammo by matching that one value. The revolver’s bullet type id is 14.

      I changed the bubble gun, smg, and pistol to all share the same ammo, but I found that the ammo for each weapon is still inherently tied to it, i.e. different weapons will add to the same pool of ammo, but switching weapons that take from that pool of ammo will take away however much ammo that one weapon added in the first place to the ammo pool, etc. So think twice before switching weapons when using weapons that sue the same ammunition.

    • #95470
      Na
      Participant

      Does anyone know how to the following with the Lock-On Rocket Launcher.

      Have infinite life on the rockets.
      Better Homing

    • #84061
      Andrew
      Member

      Hey Guys,

      I’ve been trying to get a higher fire rate out of the tuk tuk cannon that’s used on another mod (Reskinned Hedge Wildchild v2) and for the life of me I can’t get the fire rate up. It’s not a horrible rate as it is but I’d like it a bit faster.

      I’ve the tools (Gibbed’s Tool Pack r138) and have been through both the weapons.bin and the actual mod eez files. Stuck the firerate line in udner the ai settings for the cannon, which btw does nothing for the player as far as I can tell. Any input would be great, and thanks in advance :)

      Edit: You can ignore this :) I went through the weapon_upgrades.bin and changed all the fire rates to 0.05 and suddenly the cannon was firing way way too fast lol. Well at least I can restore my backup and change one at a time until I hit the right one. Tedious due to these horrible object id’s, but doable.

    • #96229
      voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

      Cpc2011 wrote:

      Quote:
      Hey Guys,

      I’ve been trying to get a higher fire rate out of the tuk tuk cannon that’s used on another mod (Reskinned Hedge Wildchild v2) and for the life of me I can’t get the fire rate up. It’s not a horrible rate as it is but I’d like it a bit faster.

      I’ve the tools (Gibbed’s Tool Pack r138) and have been through both the weapons.bin and the actual mod eez files. Stuck the firerate line in udner the ai settings for the cannon, which btw does nothing for the player as far as I can tell. Any input would be great, and thanks in advance :)

      Edit: You can ignore this :) I went through the weapon_upgrades.bin and changed all the fire rates to 0.05 and suddenly the cannon was firing way way too fast lol. Well at least I can restore my backup and change one at a time until I hit the right one. Tedious due to these horrible object id’s, but doable.

      Hi Cpc2011 – I believe you’re on the right track now.
      I was just about to suggest weapon_upgrades.bin when I saw your update …

      As for the object id…
      In my weapon_upgrades.bin, I do show CannonTUKTUK listed.
      If you’re using Notepad++, it’s around line 527

      Code:

      4
      3.5
      3
      2.5
      2
      1.5

      1500
      1500
      1500
      1500
      1500
      1500

      0
      0
      0
      0
      0
      0

      1.25
      1.25
      1.25
      1.25
      1.25
      1.25

      2000
      2000
      2000
      2000
      2000
      2000

      0
      0
      0
      0
      0
      0

      0
      0
      0
      0
      0
      0

      I hope this helps.

    • #84062
      Andrew
      Member

      Thx Vox!

      You gave me exactly what I needed to find. Maybe my toolset isn’t up to date enough, or more likely I need to patch the game a bit. Whichever the case, I chopped the fire rate in half from 1.25 to 0.625 and now have a nicely firing destructive device. Again, thanks very much for your assistance! Now on to an atv mounted minigun lol

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.