W.I.P. Big Boss mgs3/pw crossover

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation W.I.P. Big Boss mgs3/pw crossover

This topic contains 89 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Big Boss 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Randy

jc2snake.jpg
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7700/jc2snake.jpg

my try at big boss so far, i think im almost done with the face, just messing arond with the bump textures.
    however i cant seem to get the hair brow for some reason.
    anyway next up is the suit maybe after that ill try to do one with a bandana and some face paints and camos.

Big Boss
    Participant

You can look at my mod and if you like something incorporate it in your skin. I want nothing more than to see the best big boss mod and play with it. Maybe you could make solid snake to. Or you could send the face to me I would like to play with snake without face paint and I wouldn’t post that as my mod update it is your mod and I am not a thief. Only if you like my mod and you want it to have your face then I would be honored. You made a great face the same as I would done it, just that I don’t know with textures only a little in them. I can’t wait to play with your version of BIG BOSS.

Randy

thnx for the offer, and im glad you like the face for what ive done now.
    but i always do my mods 100% from scratch.
    but i wanna ask you if you have msn, maybe you could give me some tips on modding jc2,
    since im new to it because im mainly a gta san andreas modder.

Big Boss
    Participant

I respect that. And sorry but I don’t have MSN. You could contact me like this or on E-mail. PLEASE, PLEASE could you send me your Big Boss face I am desperate to play with it in JC2 I wouldn’t post it here or anywhere else it is you mod but I want to play with it. Could send it to my e-mail.

And I think this will help:
    a PDF file tutorial http://www.mediafire.com/?qjgniydmm1n

Big Boss
    Participant

I hope you will send it.

Big Boss
    Participant

This is my mod but it’s not as good as yours

Big Boss
    Participant

Here it is Untitled-73d69ded4a100b16b7ef02320c9c57ce.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

I had problems with the same textures like with the eyes(couldn’t make eye patch) and hands(couldn’t make MGS 3 gloves) had to make them like in the picture Big_boss-0fb8fdcaf65f3499b8daeb216d2b787f.jpg

Randy

srry but you have to wait till i release the skin, which wont take long maybe 1 or 2 days.
    but i have some new screens.
    updatetime.jpg
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8966/updatetime.jpg
    for the first uniform i chose the olive drab, since i can easily put camo over it and keep the details.
    problem is i dont own the game, so im just modding the demo which means im limited to the desert and i cant see my uniform without the crappy sand all over it.

Big Boss
    Participant

Can’t wait for you to make your mod. Then I am gonna play with the best big boss I am gonna put: – my camo
    – your arms
    – my fists
    – your leg strap
    – my bandanna or yours if you make a good one which I don’t doubt
    – your hair and face of course

Can’t wait make it as soon as possible please.

Randy

i finally found a place in the demo where i dont have sand on my clothing
    im very pleased with the results although i have to tweak the material map of the sleeves to match the jacket.
    i also added a bandana now, however i liked the one without bandana better.
    also made custom normal and material maps.
    bigbossh.jpg
    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1413/bigbossh.jpg
    on my to do list is now:
    fixing the material map for the sleeves so they fit with the jacket.
    making new gloves,
    new shoes,
    new straps and belt.
    after that make some camo + facepaints.

Big Boss
    Participant

great mod can’t wait for you to release it is good with the bandana there can’t be big boss without bandana keep it up. How long while it take for you to release it? And when your done could you make an MGS 2 solid snake mod? Solid_Snake-074ad5653a15bb4c5145da58190ba120.jpg

Randy

well i wanted to do some work on bb but i couldnt till now cuz i had to work over.
    anyway if anyone could give me ricos model in a format i can open in 3ds max, or send me a model viewer i would speed up things.
    as for mgs2 snake, i think it could make a texture for it, but i dont know if i want to because of the model, it doesnt really look like the sneakingsuit snake uses.

Big Boss
    Participant

I agree it is impossible to make a good solid snake mod because of the rico model. I can’t wait for you to release the mod of Big boss. Maybe an other body not ricos for solid snake like in the rambo mod but first you just finish BIG BOSS he is the one I am waiting for

Randy

after hours of trying, i finally got the rico model in 3ds max.
    3dmax.jpg
    http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5811/3dmax.jpg
    now thing can get more interesting, this way i can check the exact details of the uv map
    which means i will be able to get my new texture to fit on perfectly.
    i also can check out the normal map, no color map though so that probably give me a hard time to figure out corectly since im new to normal and color maps.
    anyway with this i will be able to create some really good skins.

Longcat
    Quote:
    after hours of trying, i finally got the rico model in 3ds max.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5811/3dmax.jpg
    now thing can get more interesting, this way i can check the exact details of the uv map
    which means i will be able to get my new texture to fit on perfectly.
    i also can check out the normal map, no color map though so that probably give me a hard time to figure out corectly since im new to normal and color maps.
    anyway with this i will be able to create some really good skins.

Wow, great work, how’d you get it in?

Srdjan

share the 3d model!

Big Boss
    Participant

Is it going to be long till you release the mod?

Randy

here is my updated facical skin, it looks much better now thnx to 3ds max showing me the uv chords.
    i just gotta tweak the normal map a bit more, it looks a little grainy.
    sbakehd.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

When you post the mod could you post one with the bandanna because I think you nailed the bandanna 100% the texture and everything a big boss mod must have a bandanna. Untitled-580a3699d8c5b396c1fc71d686973f91.jpg

Randy

:edit
    nevermind, it was a stupid idea.

Big Boss
    Participant

It is taking allot for you to make the mod are there any problems? Sorry for the impatience but I would really like to play with your version of big boss I just hope you will make him with the bandanna. Untitled-33ee8aa82f2ddc8b9d0b9d142531ed5e.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Your skin is great but you only have to change the eyes to blue. BLUE_EYES.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

This is my updated version of snake Untitled-a5dc009ea5c582b274e83148e8c72854.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

This is my 2.1 version now I am just going to wait for your skin. Untitled-4fd42766486182c42ed8ebd091ae9b3b.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

My 2.2 version Untitled-d8537244b0377701694d8a829039b0d6.jpg

Randy

srry for not updating this for a while but im back at it
    anyway i think im satisfied witht eh head now
    i also did a complete reskin of the body, but i just dont like the model.
    so im asking if someone could put ricos head on the chinese veteran model
    it has a bdu uniform with similair pouches and i think i could make it look more lik big boss
    then with thw original rico model.
    anyway here is the update on the head.
    snakew.png
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3190/snakew.png

Big Boss
    Participant

WoooooooooW you are the greatest:cheese: please post it. You are the best modder on this site I waited a long time for you to take this mod on again I hope you will release it soon.

I know that I am boring but could you when you release it please release the bandanna version and the one without bandanna I know that he looks good with the bandanna, but could you do snake with his iconic bandanna.

Thanks in advance!!!

Randy

well if you can find me someone who can put ricos head on this model
    img_620_01.png
    i will make a reskin with a high detail bandana ;)

Big Boss
    Participant

I am gonna ask around but I think ricos body is better. I can’t see from the photo but I think that mod has army boots(with the pants pulled up) and snake has pants pulled down and I think if you put the rico head on that body it wouldn’t look very good with the skin color and everything but I see what you were aiming at the pouches…

I think what you pulled off is great with the limited modding you can do in JC2,so you should release it.:cheer: Because it is the best mod for JC2 that I saw can’t wait for you to release it thanks again and if you need anything feel free to ask but you must know that I am a big amateur in this.

Big Boss
    Participant

Please consider the Rico body because I tryed this skin now and my humble oppinion is that it wouldn’t look that great with chinese skin. The legs wouldn’t look that great, the head/neck maybe.

Randy

i just checked it out, and i like it better then ricos body,
    i found a mod with ricos head on it, but now i also want ricos harness on it
    could some1 plz put the harness and ricos head on the chinese veteran body ?

Big Boss
    Participant

I asked Longcat788 if he will do it because he is the man when it comes to merging Ricos head on other bodies. I hope it will look better than the Rico one because I think the Rico one is great. You’re gonna pull it off good luck!

Just one question what camo will you put on snake?

Randy

thnx, i dont know about the camo yet i will make a few

Randy

hmm im just lookin at models, maybe its better if we use
    body= jap veteran
    legs= rico
    head=rico
    harness=rico (if it fits together with the body)
    pouches= jap veteran

EDIT;
    heres some work on the vet torso
    now we only need ricos head and legs on it
    76605709.jpg
    10325619.jpg
    80435817.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

now you are talking my language it’s perfect. It is better with the rico legs and I don’t know if the harness can be edded but it is not necessary. Damn if only I knew with the HEX editor because HEX is needed to merge head body parts. I am still waiting on Longcat788’s reply he can help for sure.

If the merging of ricos legs can’t be done then make the skin with all Rico body it is still great. But for know let’s wait on the conformation. By the way I don’t know how did you find the tiger camo but it looks amazing the same as snakes and the gloves and everything look great on the Japanese vet you can put those gloves but on the rico body you can’t. I just hope it can be done.

Big Boss
    Participant

Maybe if you want you can just add the codec earpiece. Man when I look at your mod then I realise how lame my mods is. Can’t wait to play with big boss finaly Snake eater on the PC beside the emulator:cheer: Untitled-8306073c9dc11798f6b6953e1a992239.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

I am gonna ask some more people if they can merge the head and legs of Rico to the Imperial Japanese General torso.

Randy

i know a bit of hexing, do you know a tutorial how to merge stuff i wanna give it a try

Dylan

Big boss, I would love to merge the torso of the Imperial Japanese veteran with the Rico parts BeeswaX suggested, but I am too busy at the moment. I will be able to in a couple weeks.

BeeswaX, I don’t recommend the veteran torso, as Rico’s harness has major clipping issues with it. The combination simply looks terrible. That is just from me remembering creating the Imperial Japanese General character mod.

Big Boss
    Participant

Maybe this can help but I don’t think so I can’t open it, but now I at least know it is possible without any problems.

http://justcause2mods.com/index.php/mods/func-startdown/159/ Untitled-71b6f3f331d1669e71d01c9a48fac59d.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Here is the tutorial it has everything the HEX and Gibbed. I hope it will help and I can play with big boss mod soon.

Here is the Link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6STFG4W

Thanks to Verhalthur he gave me this link I hope it will help(The extended Gibbed tools):
    http://www.uploadrobots.com/gibbed/

Merge the head and legs of rico no harness and it won’t have any clipping problems.

Randy

thnx for the tut, that was all i needed, i already had all tools.
    anyway i will look at it in 1 or 2 hours, then we will see what i can do further.

Big Boss
    Participant

Great I hope you can do it.
    Can’t wait I hope you can do it tonight.:cheese:

Randy

im getting somewhere now
    53001783.jpg
    just a few changes to the mpm and normal maps and the uniform will be done,
    then make a few camo patterns and im gonna try to find a harness that fits.
    then i only have to make a bandana and the mod will be done.

Big Boss
    Participant

you don’t need the harness it is great and the tiger stripe is the best choice, where ever you see big boss he wears the tiger stripe just the bandanna now and it will be great.
    I know you would do an awsome job :ohmy: can’t wait for you to post it!!!

By the way snake’s harness is set tight to his body not like the rico one so maybe you can do a little texturing and draw it it would look better but if it’s a too big problem forget it. Harnesses.jpg

Randy

dunno about the harness yet, ill go thru all character files and try all harnesses out
    i find it very easy to add parts.
    i have a problem though, i still only have the demo, so i dont have all models.
    i dont know if there are any models with usefull harnesses.
    anyway if it fails i could try to texture it on and make and nice normal map so it comes out nicely, but the problem is i dont know exactly how the models weights are
    so it could be if he moves his arms or aims a gun the harness would stretch out and look weird.
    but if you want you could look thru your character files for characters with similair harnesses and show me some pics.
    ill probably work on it tonight and i will make a few more camos, one for every part of panau
    so we will have
    standard: tigerstripe
    jungle: leaf
    desert: chocochip (or desert tiger dunno yet)
    mountains: snow
    sea: water
    city/urban: splitter
    i also wanna do some facepaints but dunno which ones yet still thinking.
    anyway i expect the release around new year

Big Boss
    Participant

As far as I know there aren’t any harnesses that would look like snakes so maybe you should try the trextured ones. And please don’t forget the bandana, about the face it think no face paint is the best but if you want to put th face camos then put:
    -No face paint
    -Splitter
    -Woodland
    -Zombie
    maybe -desert

Those are the ones that look the best all the others aren’t that good.
    But the best is 1.bandana, 2.tiger stripe, 3.no face paint that is the best big boss for me.

For the camos you can make the olive drab, desert, DPM and I think that should be it those are the best. But I think you should do only the tiger stripe(with bandana and without) because you can’t change the camos in game so the water camo and the snow one aren’t gonna be that good. Good luck with the camos hope you will release it before 2011.

And Merry Christmas and a happy New year!

Big Boss
    Participant

Can you give any updated pictures and did you make the textured harness because everything I saw doesn’t mach the big boss harness I don’t know any character that has that kind of harness. By the way what camos, face paints will you make?

Randy

36587396.jpg
    this is it s far.
    still messing arund with the mpm maps they piss me off.
    anyway just a few camos and facepaints and it will see its first release.

Big Boss
    Participant

Release it like an new’s year special haha:lol:
    Can’t wait to play with snake I’ve played every Metal Gear Solid on the PSX,PS2,PC,PSP,PS3
    and now in JC2 I absolutley love the story of the MGS’s and to play as Big boss on JC2 that would be great.

Thanks in advance for the skin.

Randy

ive taken a break from bb due to problems with the mpm map.
    so ive started another project.
    solidsnakex.png

Big Boss
    Participant

Haaaa SOLID SNAKE. Great and the best version the one from sons of librety wow can’t wait for you to release the two skins please release the big boss skin too. I am a very very big fan of Solid but the big boss face looks more like him. Wow SOLID SNAKE and here I tought no one would do a Solid snake skin:cheese: I still play MGS Substance 2(snake tales, tanker) on my PC and I had problems putting it on Vista but now it works like a charm.

Please release them both 5/5 on both.

Big Boss
    Participant

As far as I saw and maybe I am mistaken but the solid beard is just a more tansparent big boss beard in your skin. Solid has a little different beard here if it helps: Untitled-b891cb47506638e9b9a453caca435a31.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Or you can put the MGS4 version: SOLID.jpg

But I think the MGS2 snake face is the best only maybe take the texture from MGS4 banbanna

Big Boss
    Participant

Release your big boss skin like in this pic:
    And devote your time to solid and then if you maybe find the way to make big boss better just update jour skin as 1.1 Untitled-3feeaa4601723174cbba2682db899d29.jpg

farhan

can you post the skin for me?i like it so much.:cheese:

d4amon

awesome skin :)

farhan

pleaz post me the skin,i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:

joe

i don’t mean to be rude in saying this but this skin is too skinny. i just downloaded this mod and i was really impressed with it but after a few seconds of sneakan and using the revolver i realized he is practically a rail. BIG boss is big, guys; super buff, even. check out this video here to see what i mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AollIhssWNI&feature=fvst
    he definitely needs some muscle on him or i won’t be able to enjoy mgs: just cause 2 :(

Big Boss
    Participant

You should see snake in Peace Walker way bigger then in snake eater he is BUFF. But beeswax skin is super it is impossible to do an better skin in JC2 so it is great. I to tried to do an big boss skin but it is crap compared to Beeswax’s mod of big boss.

Can’t wait for him to release it!!!!!:cheese: Untitled-658d2c6e6d889589cbde8ee3dccad3b2.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Can you post your skin many people are waiting, it is a GREAT skin please share it. Post the skin so that every MGS fan can enjoy. If only I knew to skin and texture like that:(

Good luck in your following mods but could you release your Big boss mod.

farhan

please release it!!!!!!!!!!!I WANT IT!!:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Randy

its not done yet, i recently removed ricos boots and give him some military boots.
    still have to add some more detail to the normal map, and im still looking for a good backpack because the straps dont look to well where the jacket starts.
    i also added some long hair in his neck but im not sure yet if it looks ok, ill post some screens of it later.
    and i cant release it yet, i first wanna complete it 100%

Big Boss
    Participant

No probs you are the best!!!:cheese:

Randy

maybe you can help me find a decent backpack, i found a similair one on the elites vest, but its too low for snakes harness.
    and i only have 25 models to browse thru and there isnt a good one.

Big Boss
    Participant

I don’t know with the models so I don’t think I can help you by the way why do you need an backpack snake doesn’t have one?
    Maybe if you see it on the other mods then tell me how to find it and the name of the model but I haven’t seen any characters with snake like harnesses.

And can you post if it isn’t a problem the updated Big boss skin pictures.

Randy

im talking about this pack
    cb8c142bb118dcd2_l_2.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

I understand but I don’t know which character model has that kind of pack or if any body has that kind of pack in JC2 but I am surely mistaken.:cheer:
    I don’ know with the models I don’t even know where to look up how the model looks like I hope that onter people will help I will ask d4amon he’s a great modeler.

Randy

dammit, if i just had all the npc files….

farhan

ok,i will wait, but anyway good luck.and you are awsome.

Big Boss
    Participant

OK I’ve sent you the models hope snake will be finished soon!

When you have the time post some pics I can’t wait to see the updated snake, how you did the army boots and the hair.

Big Boss
    Participant

Why is it taking so long for the mod to be done!

Big Boss
    Participant

Will you release your skin alot of time past since your last post can you release some pics of the updated snake, you have all the models are there any problems? Release the tiger stripe with the bandanna and tiger stripe without bandanna(snake in virtous mission and snake eater mission) and that is it. Because you can’t change the camos in game so it is no use for the other camos and tiger stripe is his main camo you can even see it when you use the naked camo(shirtless) in MGS 3 he has tiger stripe pants. 1-112db6ab34a5db9e8c5cb643bbaf6eb4.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

I think he gave up.

Randy

nah i didnt, im just busy at the time with ripping models/textures from the twin snakes.
    now we just need a importer for jc2, but i dont think there ever will be.
    not much people seem to be interested in modding jc2.

Big Boss
    Participant

Sorry that I doubted you but there is no importer so could you please release the big boss skin with the tiger stripe and the bandanna. Even without an importer your big boss model looks great

farhan

big boss wrote:

Quote:
    Sorry that I doubted you but there is no importer so could you please release the big boss skin with the tiger stripe and the bandanna. Even without an importer your big boss model looks great

agree.to me,your are really great.

Big Boss
    Participant

Still no big boss skin now I am disappointed

Dean

Yeah, I doubt it’s going to be finished after all this time. :(

What a waste.

Big Boss
    Participant

exactly, if he wasn’t finished by now, I don’t think he will release it ever. Untitled-b50033a3f1642cad2e7d82d431502f0f.jpg

Why won’t you release it you said you will release it around new year why didn’t you:blink:

Please release it. You would make many people happy, I thought when I send you the npc models you would release it the next day but that was almost a month ago.

I hope he will release it.

No2

I joined this forum just so I could tell you that I am really looking forward to this skin. When I first started looking at mods I was already looking for a Peace Walker FOXHOUND Uniform to put on Rico.

Unfortunately I do not know digital art or programming to help you, can only cheer you on!

Big Boss
    Participant

Are you still working on this skin? If you are can you post some pictures.

I rely like to play as Big Boss on any console, but I hope you will release your skin soon can’t wait to play with naked snake on my PC. Heck I am still playing MGS 3 Substance on my PS2 and off course Peace walker on my PSP:cheer:

Big Boss
    Participant

I heard from modders on other sites, that BeeswaX doesn’t finish his skins like on the Resident evil 4 forum or the GTA forum I just hope he will release this one because he’s great.

Prove everybody wrong and release the skin PLEASE or at least post some updated Pictures!

Andrew

Awww, i realy want a Big Boss skin!NOW!Was this the single Big Boss skin? I’ve been searching for quite some time…well hope someone wil make one.

Big Boss
    Participant

I’ve already made one but it is not very good: Tiger_stripe-177f78aa73ff79ff789fbb038469705c.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Or with the other camo: Brown_Army.jpg

Big Boss
    Participant

Could you at least post the Solid Snake skin SOLID-7ad82927495aea8fb30a9d1fbeb4c8d4.jpg

dark failure

All of your created skins look very nice and you should definitely upload them (or at least one). MGS is one of my favorite franchises and lots of other Just Cause 2 players would like to use your skin in the game.

Big Boss
    Participant

Come on BeeswaX please post your Big Boss skin I can’t wait to see what you did with the hair and boots. Is it any good?

Release your skin it’s great please let us play with an epic hero!:cheese:

Gelieve te helpen ons!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.