Traffic Control Mod

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Modifications Traffic Control Mod

This topic contains 100 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Bana 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Hubert

Hi all, new mod for increased traffic in Panau.

Changes traffic patterns in the game world

Planes:

-increased spawn rate and amount (more air traffic)

-all plane types spawn (except agency and dlc)

-altered speeds and height

Land Vehicles:

-Increased spawns (a little, too much crashes the engine)

-Increased draw distance (less pop-in)
    -Added vehicles to road spawn ( firetruck, super large truck)

Boats:

-Increased spawn rate and amount

-Increased spawn type amount (eg. the barge spawns more often)

As always, extract to “dropzone” folder.

To Do:

-increase speed of world vehicles

-update spawn patterns

A couple of notes. When I used this with “Can’t Stop the Police” v1.3, my game sometimes froze. I believe the engine could not handle all the spawns. This has been alleviated somewhat with version 1.0.

I will be releasing a new version of “Can’t Stop the Police” in the next couple of days.

Amount of spawns and draw distance are a tradeoff (especially for land vehicles). To have more spawns, the draw distance would need to be decreased (more pop-in). Let me know what you think, more vehicles or longer draw?

If you experience any bugs, please post as there are a lot of variables affecting this.

Traffic Control

Enjoy

Prof. Farnsworth

Nick

This is awesome. Trying it out, if I hit problems I’ll let you know.

BRETT N BODI

uhhhhh…. How would i combine this with my “stripper” worldbin?
    where do i put the code?

Hubert

You’d probably be better off just copying your “character types” section into my code.

jeimizu

Just out of curiosity, do smaller numbers in the worldsim.bin increase the chance of spawning?

Golfman560

Yeah smaller=more. So some planes are set at 60 or 90 and you see one about ever 60-90 seconds. Most peds are at 1 in the city, and you usually see one every few seconds.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

this is an amazing mod im guna install it, i especially like the poppin fix!

virginia

Prof_Farnsworth wrote:

Quote:
    Hi all, new mod for increased traffic in Panau.

Changes traffic patterns in the game world

Planes:

-increased spawn rate and amount (more air traffic)

-all plane types spawn (except agency and dlc)

-altered speeds and height

Land Vehicles:

-Increased spawns (a little, too much crashes the engine)

-Increased draw distance (less pop-in)
    -Added vehicles to road spawn ( firetruck, super large truck)

Boats:

-Increased spawn rate and amount

-Increased spawn type amount (eg. the barge spawns more often)

As always, extract to “dropzone” folder.

To Do:

-increase speed of world vehicles

-update spawn patterns

A couple of notes. When I used this with “Can’t Stop the Police” v1.3, my game sometimes froze. I believe the engine could not handle all the spawns. This has been alleviated somewhat with version 1.0.

I will be releasing a new version of “Can’t Stop the Police” in the next couple of days.

Amount of spawns and draw distance are a tradeoff (especially for land vehicles). To have more spawns, the draw distance would need to be decreased (more pop-in). Let me know what you think, more vehicles or longer draw?

If you experience any bugs, please post as there are a lot of variables affecting this.

Traffic Control

Enjoy

Prof. Farnsworth

i think longer draw distance is more important than more spawns. just my thoughts of course.

4thacauze10

this mod is pretty fun, lots of planes now haha, they crash randomly also

i would love a mod though with just longer draw distances, that way we could keep a spawning mod separate.

Hubert

I like draw distance as well, but all I keep seeing on the forums is “Can I have more traffic” and “more peds”.

I know I increased traffic, not sure about the peds (I tried). I could re-release a different one with standard spawns and huge draw distance, but do we really need a longer draw on the planes and boats? The cars were necessary as they popped in about a block away.

Mind you, a small increase in boat draw distance was nice. but I didn’t change the planes.

The other problem with a huge draw distance on the vehicles is that it makes the world feel even more empty. 10 cars spawning within a block or two (old draw distance) looks busy. Those same 10 in a 2km radius could spawn anywhere, you may not even see them.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate all feedback and info about bugs.

4thacauze10

i agree with you, although what i should of said was that keeping them separate would be more beneficial for everyone.

having both mods combined might turn out to be a performance killer for some people, i know that draw distance can decrease fps for some people, and having a bunch of things spawning also does the same.

this is just an opinion anyway, i haven’t tested this so i could be completely wrong, i’m just basing this off of mods i have played for other games.

Nick

Golfman560 wrote:

Quote:
    Yeah smaller=more. So some planes are set at 60 or 90 and you see one about ever 60-90 seconds. Most peds are at 1 in the city, and you usually see one every few seconds.

What is the NPH picture from?

Golfman560

I really have no idea. It has to be at least a year since I found it.

fox

odd, when I use it, NOTHING spawns. I am using the all factions attack you and heatspawn mod, those might affect this

Hubert

Not sure about the all factions attack you mod, should be fine as I use a modified file where they attack eachother but not you.

Might be overloading the engine. I am releasing a new version of this and “can’t stop the police” later today which should alleviate some of these problems.

The old heatspawn combined with increased traffic spawns has been causing a couple of odd issues.

Thanks for the feedback.

bassie

I’ve had traffic and civilians with brain loss, they would do nothing when spawning.

So yeah, I just took out the air traffic part since I liked that the most.

Hubert

That is odd. I have had both military and factions do nothing, but never civilians. I’ll keep an eye out for that.

Thanks

jeimizu

Did you make the aircraft fly lower, It seems they crash into the Panau City bridge a lot now. Maybe raise the propeller plane’s height a few units.

Hubert

It will be raised in the next update. Damn thing always hits that bridge. :cheer:

Nick

Has anyone had any issues with static ground spawns? I had this problem last time I played, I haven’t tested it out again but I went to the international airport and there were no planes on the ground, eventually two spawned at the usual points where they run to take off somewhere. Died. Quit the game (didn’t close the program) and it stayed like that.

I haven’t tested it further, and plan to, but they crapped out after I dropped in from a chopper extraction, had been fine up until that point with the mod installed for a couple of hours of gameplay.

I don’t know. But I’ve got heatspawn somewhat increased and this too, so maybe I’m just overloading it.

Hubert

Hey Fox, never had it stay that way myself, although I started on the update right after this one. I have been running the updated heatspawn, this and a couple of others and the only problem I have had is the “ghost town” glitch, but it resets if you start a race, extract, etc.

I am play testing the updates right now and hope to have them up soon. Traffic gets a small one, but “Can’t Stop the Police” is pretty revamped.

Thanks for the feedback.

cj

Awesome mod its funny just to sit back and watch traffic more now than before planes crash like crazy.

John

sorry if this sounds dumb
    but how the heck do you use this mod…

Hubert

extract to “dropzone”

Rozzatron

If you don’t have a dropzone folder in the just cause 2 directory you should make one.

John

yeah i have it in the dropzone
    how do i use it in the game?
    or is it automatic in the game.

Hubert

automatic

olly

hello i would love to say this is a great mod , but i cant see any change in the traffic at all :blink: , is it possible for you to do a max car traffic but keep the draw distance to the default setting ?

Hubert

Unfortunately, “Traffic Control” crashes the new “Can’t Stop the Police” so it will not be updated now, maybe in the future. Most of the hashes are known though and changing draw distance is easy to do.

Ninel

How do I alter how much traffic there is? Where can I access this in game?

Hubert

There is no in game option. You have to alter the settings in the bin file.

olly

could you please tell me what vaules i have to olter to get more traffic , or more entity’s on screen ?

Hubert

What have you tried so far?

olly

these are the values ive been changing,they are in the world sim under witch i assume is cars/trucks ect.

but to be truthful i haven’t a clue what they really do , i know that i get less pop in and out if i turn them right up from the default values, but if i turn them realy high i only seem to get one or two cars appear on the road , do you know how to allow more cars / trucks to spawn at one time on the road ??

Hubert

If you have the latest version of the tools, then density and max count should be unhashed in worldsim.

Upping those should help, but remember, the engine has it’s own limits.

curtis

Nice mod ;)

love how many more planes there are!

Wayne

Can someone tell me how to make more cars, trucks planes on the screen please.

Thanks,
    Bob.

ed

will this update work with extreme heat?

Hubert

yojimbo wrote:

Quote:
    will this update work with extreme heat?

It will, however, there is the occasional crash still. Extreme heat will be updated with a version that lowers the chance of a crash shortly.

Wayne

Why does my Choas keep going down? I haven’t been on the forum for like a week or two. Guess Ya’ll really do hat me.

Hubert

bobthe3rd wrote:

Quote:
    Why does my Choas keep going down? I haven’t been on the forum for like a week or two. Guess Ya’ll really do hat me.

No idea, why the hell would you post that in this thread?:huh:

Tom

Fixed, just had to start a race. Great mod.

Wayne

IDK why. I was in it and i noticed that my Choas was down 4.

Anonymous

When’ve got this mod in my dropzone folder, Just Cause 2 doesn’t load. The only other mod I’m running is Improved Grapple Distance & Speed.

Hubert

Krushr` wrote:

Quote:
    When’ve got this mod in my dropzone folder, Just Cause 2 doesn’t load. The only other mod I’m running is Improved Grapple Distance & Speed.

Do you own all of the DLC? If you do not, it may be the cause of the crash. I have not been able to test as I have the DLC vehicles.

Tyler

I’ve recently tried to convert this to Xbox 360 using Gibbed Tools and when converting, it crashes the program. It isn’t a problem with converting it to Xbox 360 format either, it also errors when I try to convert the original PC file to XML for editing, it just crashes. I do have the latest Gibbed Tools via SVN. Could you possibly convert it or could you help me with my problem? :)

Anonymous

I do indeed, it’s all working now though, not sure what was going on with it.

Austin F.

I have an idea for your modification,edit the spawns around Panau International Airport so there is a TON of air traffic(Almost all passengers),and can you edit the ground vehicles in Panau’s Capital so it’s like a city,make sure theres enough but not a traffic jam.Also can you edit spawns on ALL Major Highways. I’m sure that will keep you busy for half a year. And if this is possible,plz spawn Leo Getz from Lethal Weapon 2 😆 Kevin_LOL.jpg

Hubert

BrainOfTheSoul wrote:

Quote:
    I’ve recently tried to convert this to Xbox 360 using Gibbed Tools and when converting, it crashes the program. It isn’t a problem with converting it to Xbox 360 format either, it also errors when I try to convert the original PC file to XML for editing, it just crashes. I do have the latest Gibbed Tools via SVN. Could you possibly convert it or could you help me with my problem? :)

The file is locked. I could convert it if there are enough requests. Only problem I see is how well the 360 will handle the extra spawns.

Roblok wrote:

Quote:
    I have an idea for your modification,edit the spawns around Panau International Airport so there is a TON of air traffic(Almost all passengers),and can you edit the ground vehicles in Panau’s Capital so it’s like a city,make sure theres enough but not a traffic jam.Also can you edit spawns on ALL Major Highways. I’m sure that will keep you busy for half a year. And if this is possible,plz spawn Leo Getz from Lethal Weapon 2

As far as I know, spawns cannot be edited by location (exception of the mile high club) so the airport and city difference would be impossible. It is possible to change density for road types of land vehicles, but when I increased them, found civs disappearing as well as crashes would happen more often, so the highway spawns may be possible (if they ever patch the game). As for Getz, make a skin and he can replace any civ in the city.

ed

Seems to work very good, but I noticed there are too many Agency Hovercrafts. I just played a game where I got one then I passed by another 5 on the same screen, then passed another 4 or so. In all I think I passed around 30 in my 40 minutes of game time :cheese:

Could you tone down or remove agency vehicle spawns overall? (preferably no agency spawns as there isnt much to save and spend money else)

Hubert

disorder wrote:

Quote:
    Seems to work very good, but I noticed there are too many Agency Hovercrafts. I just played a game where I got one then I passed by another 5 on the same screen, then passed another 4 or so. In all I think I passed around 30 in my 40 minutes of game time :cheese:

Could you tone down or remove agency vehicle spawns overall? (preferably no agency spawns as there isnt much to save and spend money else)

DLC vehicles for some reason spawn more when you are in or on one. Same thing happens with the monster truck, and ice breaker. Hovercraft spawns are already well below the other sea vehicle spawns, so I am not sure what turning them down would do.

I’ll sometimes play 2 hours without seeing a hovercraft, then get one and they are all over the place. I don’t think I will remove the DLC spawns though, as that was a main feature of update 2, and most people seem to enjoy it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rene Kuhs

Ya, its a brilliant feature, keep up the good work. :)

ed

ok haha, thanks then. Yes I did actually find one hovercraft going up a river so I stole it real quick then the rest appeared after that.

Is there an archived version of 2 that you mentioned anywhere?

Mackenzie

I really like this mod. But I have something that has happened that makes no sense. It has added the Agency Hovercraft and the Monster truck. I do not have either of these DLC’s. I only have the two free ones and the Aerial Pack. Neither of the vehicles appear in the Black Market. But I have seen them in the streets numerous times.Well… The Hovercraft was in the water. I use a Black Market mod that allows all vehicles appear there, but neither of these are. Any clue on what the hell happened?

Hubert

Attack Nun wrote:

Quote:
    I really like this mod. But I have something that has happened that makes no sense. It has added the Agency Hovercraft and the Monster truck. I do not have either of these DLC’s. I only have the two free ones and the Aerial Pack. Neither of the vehicles appear in the Black Market. But I have seen them in the streets numerous times.Well… The Hovercraft was in the water. I use a Black Market mod that allows all vehicles appear there, but neither of these are. Any clue on what the hell happened?

To the best of my knowledge, the DLC vehicles should not appear unless you own the DLC, as the model and AI information is contained within those files downloaded with the DLC packs. The mod also adds the Chevalier Classic from the latest DLC and limited edition. Have you seen any of those driving around?

In short, you should not have these vehicles unless you own the DLC. This mod just makes them spawn in world, it does not add the vehicle files at all.

Lanshire

“itsmetriet 2010-08-01 19:47:33 Can you make it so that there are more planes in the air? And make like groups of Jets like on a mission or something, and make them be able to shoot back, so you can dogfight. If you do this, I will love you forever man. If you can that is. “

I read this on your Mod-page.
    Now I don’t know whether you read the comments there or whether it’s been asked before, but this actually is a cool idea.

I’ve cruised around the game to find no bugs to my surprise, however…
    I haven’t really encountered that many planes, I’ve seen a rise in plane spawns obviously, but not enough to make it convincing. There also seems to be a shortage of boats in smaller rivers (like the river running between the mountains). The seas however appear to be fine, any idea what’s causing this? Lack of space, perhaps?

I’ve enjoyed this so far, good work.

Hubert

disorder wrote:

Quote:
    ok haha, thanks then. Yes I did actually find one hovercraft going up a river so I stole it real quick then the rest appeared after that.

Is there an archived version of 2 that you mentioned anywhere?

I can include v2 with the update to v3.

Lanshire wrote:

Quote:
    I’ve cruised around the game to find no bugs to my surprise, however…
    I haven’t really encountered that many planes, I’ve seen a rise in plane spawns obviously, but not enough to make it convincing. There also seems to be a shortage of boats in smaller rivers (like the river running between the mountains). The seas however appear to be fine, any idea what’s causing this? Lack of space, perhaps?

I’ve enjoyed this so far, good work.

Dogfights are not possible at this time as there is no AI routine for attacking planes.

Not sure how many planes would make it “convincing”, or what you mean by that.

Yes, in smaller rivers, boats will not spawn due to lack of space, as they would just beach themselves or get stuck immediately. I believe there needs to be a certain radius open before the boats will spawn.

mkmk8841

:blush: i can’t find out how to work this thing can you help. I know were to put it but weres da menu. aka i htink but im just reasuring this (is it in a script file?).

mkmk8841

😆 so i have another question. are you a vehicle maker aka (editer) in the game? if you are can you make 4 miniguns on a razorback?:cheer:

mkmk8841

hello i have an idea on the AI quote from the attacking planes just an idea could be usful for testing *why don’t you use the attacking helicopter AI and overlap it to planes 2 that way it could jsut be possible for the skys to be filed with bullets?*

Lanshire

Well, “convincing” not in the literal sense. But…
    I have to think how to phrase this.

As soon as I spawned my game in the Reapers’ mountain base(you know the stronghold one), I looked up and immediately saw two planes. Military ones, nevertheless. I tried this a couple more times and I kept encountering military planes (I don’t know whether military vehicles spawn more often near military bases, but this is what I mean by “convincing”) . It seems that whenever I fly around in my Silverbolt, I’ll more often than not encounter Silverbolts due to the “spawn multiples of your current vehicle” mechanic that Eidos implemented, but I haven’t seen the Bering I86-P and I rarely see the Airbus jumbo-jets.

Thanks for your answer about the boats; makes perfect sense.

On a sidenote, do you know if there’s any insight as to whether what DLC vehicles spawn in certain areas? I commonly see the Monster Truck in the jungles, but I see the Chevalier more often near the mountains.

Thanks in advance.

Hubert

Lanshire wrote:

Quote:
    Well, “convincing” not in the literal sense. But…
    I have to think how to phrase this.

As soon as I spawned my game in the Reapers’ mountain base(you know the stronghold one), I looked up and immediately saw two planes. Military ones, nevertheless. I tried this a couple more times and I kept encountering military planes (I don’t know whether military vehicles spawn more often near military bases, but this is what I mean by “convincing”) . It seems that whenever I fly around in my Silverbolt, I’ll more often than not encounter Silverbolts due to the “spawn multiples of your current vehicle” mechanic that Eidos implemented, but I haven’t seen the Bering I86-P and I rarely see the Airbus jumbo-jets.

Thanks for your answer about the boats; makes perfect sense.

On a sidenote, do you know if there’s any insight as to whether what DLC vehicles spawn in certain areas? I commonly see the Monster Truck in the jungles, but I see the Chevalier more often near the mountains.

Thanks in advance.

Military jets are set to spawn more as Panau is occupied by the military. Just a personal touch I felt added to the atmosphere. I didn’t turn down any of the civ plane spawns though.

DLC vehicles are set to spawn where they “would” be (ie. wouldn’t see many monster trucks driving around the city, or icebreakers in the snowy mountains selling ice cream). The spawn settings try to reflect these ideals. Also the monster truck tends to get stuck if it is asked to go into tight spots, such as city blocks.

dave wrote

Quote:
    hello i have an idea on the AI quote from the attacking planes just an idea could be usful for testing *why don’t you use the attacking helicopter AI and overlap it to planes 2 that way it could jsut be possible for the skys to be filed with bullets?*

so i have another question. are you a vehicle maker aka (editer) in the game? if you are can you make 4 miniguns on a razorback?

i can’t find out how to work this thing can you help. I know were to put it but weres da menu. aka i htink but im just reasuring this (is it in a script file?).

Helicopter and plane AI are not interchangeable due to physical properties such as rotation, lift, drag, etc.

I will make the tank if I can find the time.

There is no menu. Read the description of the mod. It “changes spawn patterns in the game world”.

Please edit your first post next time instead of reposting.

Lanshire

Thanks for the answer, it all makes sense at the moment.
    Haven’t found any problems since, maybe a Chippewa helicopter without rotors, but that probably has nothing to do with your mod as it has with the Chippewa model.

Anyways, this certainly makes the game feel more realistic, but I have one final question if I may? I’ve seen an increase in SAAS P30 OX cars, now that by itself isn’t too bad since the ram-rod vehicle is actually very useful in going through roadblocks et al. but it seems that even when I drive through the city, I rarely find any sports cars. I find a Civadier every now and then, but I’ve been finding more military cars, SAAS’ and the Sakura Aguila Space cars(which are usually found in the mountains/jungle) than Mancini’s and other cars like the Titus. Any particular reason for the decline in sports cars or have I simply overlooked a few of them?

Small note: I found the Bering above the Barawan Besar mountains, near the eastern site. I also found the Airbus jet several times in and around the mountains. So mark that question as answered.

Hubert

I will have a look at the sport car spawns again. In my game, they are common, but not overwhelmingly. The Titus ZJ did not spawn originally (except on the racetrack), so I added it in.

The mancini may have been turned down when I had the dual gatling guns on them (I use the mods I make), therefore I did not want tons of overpowered sportscars driving around.

The update will have increased leisureliner spawns, and I will have a look at the sportscars as well.

Lanshire

Go figure.

I’ll update the mod so I can find the Titus now, thanks for the clarification.
    I’ve bumped into a Civadier here and there too, but no Mancini’s as you said. Leisurelines became pretty common after Eidos officially updates their game, mainly on the mountain-highway bridges.

I’ll go look around a bit, see what sports cars I can find.

Thanks again.

David

Your mod that I’ve been using for a while now is Awesome !
    Especially like havingmore than 3 pedestrians in towns
    But, there are a few things that bothers me (hehehe)

DLC vehicles:
    I’m not fan of having the Agency vehicles spawning around me
    After all those are MY toys, I don’t like seeing others playing with them
    (and if that means no dessert from me, bad luck then :P)

Military aircrafts
    Is it possible to make them spawn more often near military airports and less in civilian zones ?

Choppers
    I haven’t seen many choppers around, mainly military jets G9 and civilian airhawks)
    Is it possible to make them spawn more often or is it impossible due to air support script?

That’s all ;)

Hubert

GabaZieute wrote:

Quote:
    Your mod that I’ve been using for a while now is Awesome !
    Especially like havingmore than 3 pedestrians in towns
    But, there are a few things that bothers me (hehehe)

DLC vehicles:
    I’m not fan of having the Agency vehicles spawning around me
    After all those are MY toys, I don’t like seeing others playing with them
    (and if that means no dessert from me, bad luck then :P)

Military aircrafts
    Is it possible to make them spawn more often near military airports and less in civilian zones ?

Choppers
    I haven’t seen many choppers around, mainly military jets G9 and civilian airhawks)
    Is it possible to make them spawn more often or is it impossible due to air support script?

That’s all ;)

1) I will update the file and include version 2 which did not have DLC vehicles as this is the second request I have received for it.

2) Not possible right now as there is no indicator (afaik) relating planes to ground objects. Just a separate taxiing script for the planes taking off at airports.

3) I actually tried adding choppers but for some reason the civilians will not fly them. Something to do with the AI associated with the vehicle as choppers have no spline to follow, just a heat script, and planes only follow a spline, and have no rotation or drag scripts in their AI. I think that is why they will not move forward at all. (I did get them to spawn but they just drop slowly to the ground immediately after spawning, and the civilian dies as if they were in water)

Glad you enjoy the mod.

jussuf

Unfourtunately VLC-Player grabbed all the .bin files. So now I don’t know how to open it. Does anybody know what to do?

Sven
    Participant

Could you make a special version of traffic control with not many car and boat spawns but with realy many airplane spawns (or just tell me what i need to change in the worldsim.bin file to do this)?

Dylan

I tried this and, upon spawning at the base above Panau City and entering a boat, I immediately noticed the complete lack of boats.

Nothing besides police boats spawned. I noticed that you turned down boat spawns earlier and was wondering if you missed some when you turned them back up.

That being said, I doubt you turned them down until no boats were there at all…

Hubert

Verhalthur wrote:

Quote:
    I tried this and, upon spawning at the base above Panau City and entering a boat, I immediately noticed the complete lack of boats.

Nothing besides police boats spawned. I noticed that you turned down boat spawns earlier and was wondering if you missed some when you turned them back up.

That being said, I doubt you turned them down until no boats were there at all…

What other mods are you using? I have never had all boats disappear before, although there are some areas of the game where boats should spawn but don’t. i.e. the big area of water between the 3 cities never seems to have boats although it is big enough to accommodate them.

shaun rattue

the draw distance is far too big IMO, this mod seems to make all the roads practically empty, and i havent seen one DLC vehicle yet :(

i am using the 1.0001 version of the .exe file though, so that i can use bolopatch, dont know if this is affecting it

Hubert

ghost5555 wrote:

Quote:
    the draw distance is far too big IMO, this mod seems to make all the roads practically empty, and i havent seen one DLC vehicle yet :(

i am using the 1.0001 version of the .exe file though, so that i can use bolopatch, dont know if this is affecting it

The roads should not be close to empty and the DLC vehicles do spawn, as shown in the pic with the mod.

Give some more details as to what other mods you are using, then I can help.

cudung
    Participant

Hey guy! I know this is stupid, but how to activate it!
    I already put it in the dropzone, but then what???:cheese:

Hubert

cudung wrote:

Quote:
    Hey guy! I know this is stupid, but how to activate it!
    I already put it in the dropzone, but then what???:cheese:

It is automatically activated once the .bin is in the dropzone folder.

James

is this a zip or rar file?

Temar

I’m using your mod together with “Can’t stop the factions”. This way at least some civilian cars spawn in a battle zone. However sometimes vehicles just vanish in front of my eyes. Even one which I had my grabble hook attached to, just plopped out of existance. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hubert

Temar wrote:

Quote:
    I’m using your mod together with “Can’t stop the factions”. This way at least some civilian cars spawn in a battle zone. However sometimes vehicles just vanish in front of my eyes. Even one which I had my grabble hook attached to, just plopped out of existance. Is there any way I can fix this?

I have had that happen with older versions of this mod used with “Extreme Heat”, but not this one. It occurs when too many army/factions spawn at once as they take priority over civilian spawns, causing the civs to disappear.

I do not use the faction mod, but I know the author did increase spawns in a similar manner to mine, so the same problem is bound to occur. I have not looked at how much the spawns are increased, so it could be possible to edit yourself.

Rafael

doesn’t work in my just cause 2, i put the archives in dropzone folder and i run the game, help mee, and the dropzone folder of my just cause 2 this with the “d ” in uppercase

Hubert

minimovz wrote:

Quote:
    doesn’t work in my just cause 2, i put the archives in dropzone folder and i run the game, help mee, and the dropzone folder of my just cause 2 this with the “d ” in uppercase

The folder needs to be spelled in lowercase. i.e. “dropzone” without the quotes.

stevieg333

Hello there, a most awesome mod, certainly brightens up my just cause 2 playtime. I would possibly like to know one thing though, is it all possible to not only increase vehicle spawns but to also increase speed at which civilians drive? whether thats the car speed or how the ai drives i dont know, just asking as ive been playin around with mod configurations trying to find a setup that will have a buttload of vehicles around the place but also crazy speed driving just to make things crazy. Obviously im sure everyone who makes these mods are busy and what not so if you could at all tell me at least what lines of code i need to play with?

Cheers in advance
    Steve

Hubert

My “What Speed Limit” mod will make some cars drive faster than others. Not exactly “crazy” but they will swerve around corners and such. It was the best I was able to do.

Here is the link

nebura

How to edit “worldsim” file to increase traffic density?
    I tried to change values under , but no increasing…

Craig

Another 404 Error :(

Ghost

Question where do i need to put worldsim.bin?
    Is it in drposzone or ill put it somewhere else?
    AND How do i edit worldsim.bin to make more spawn?

PLZ REPLY

voxbox13
    voxbox13
    Participant

Hi Dageron97 – Yes, worldsim.bin goes in dropzone.

To modify worldsim.bin = convert it to .xml –> just drag and drop worldsim.bin onto gibbed’s bin2xml

In worldsim.bin, look for
    tourist:1 arctic:1 desert:1 jungle:1 sea:1 city:1 grass:1 default:1 pd_tourist_female1.cdoll city:1 default:1 city:1 pd_city_male_1.cdoll

For extra info – see this thread:
    http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=14&id=1221&limit=20#1229

fsxskymaster has been running tests on this file. Some of his results are currently
    posted in the chat box…
    go look quick –> before it disappears from the chat box. (2012-05-30 9pm PST)

Hope this helps!

fsxskymaster

I just got the most disturbing memory error when working with the path engine today.
    “::chunkpools:dll FuN=bloodbath!engine_MeM $free_fails$ &’void:0′ Should NOT COME HERE!::”

Those memory errors never fail to scare the hell out of me…

voxbox13
    voxbox13
    Participant

fsxskymaster wrote:

Quote:
    I just got the most disturbing memory error when working with the path engine today.
    “::chunkpools:dll FuN=bloodbath!engine_MeM $free_fails$ &’void:0′ Should NOT COME HERE!::”

Those memory errors never fail to scare the hell out of me…

Yikes! Yeah, that’s a bit creepy.

“YOU SHALL NOT PASS!”

I’m getting a 404 :( I used this mod on my old install and I loved it

voxbox13
    voxbox13
    Participant

sketch217 wrote:

Quote:
    I’m getting a 404 :( I used this mod on my old install and I loved it

Hi – It just worked fine for me.

But I’ll post a copy here for a day or so – So you can have access.

[file name=Traffic_Control_v3.rar size=3675]http://www.justcause2mods.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Traffic_Control_v3.rar[/file]

It’s a copy from this mod page:
    http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Traffic-Control/

thanks, I appreciate it

TheWrath
    TheWrath
    Participant

hey for some reason after while this mod causes all planes to disappear? and also boats actually spawn less..does anyone else have this issue?

The Wrath
    VGM Manager-No Man's Sky

Nick Bana

I’m actually had difficulties ’cause the civvies drive too damn fast… Other day I just had my bike blown off because of an out of control 3 ton truck…

CoconutFred

Hey – Asian driving. :cheese:

And before you say anything, I’ve been to Beijing, and drivers there are actually horrendous. There are waaayy too many new drivers (Chinese middle class is exploding), waayyy too many new cars, and too little road regulation, road cops, road signs, and roads.

Nick Bana

Well…

Forget ’bout that. How do you increase civilian population in the cities?

For example, Tourist:

Vehicles/LAVE/LAVE.V003_TOURIST.ee
    v003_tourist
    Tourist

textures/blackmarket/bmt_v003_tourist.dds

Which number I should change?

CoconutFred

….huh?

It looks like you’re editing blackmarket.bin. You should be editing worldsim.bin.

legoboy

hello,
    i am kinda new to this and i whould like to ask you:
    can you tell me what i must mod to:

-increase the spawn of land air and sea,

-add costom units to spawn e.g.: http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/Vehicles/Cars/Chevalier-RS-Vehicle-Set-v2.0/ and http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/Panau-Police-Mod/

-more walking civilians

what the maximal number of units is you can have at the same time

any help is welcome, thanks for reading and/or posting help!

legoboy

bill

how do i acutly use the mod i cant seem to use it or is just an auto thing?

Max

I need help. I Put all the stuff in the dropzone folder, started a race but The traffic never changes. I am running, im proved grapple distance and speed, the black market mod, and crazy civillian ai.

Clément

Hi ! Your mod is good, but can you adjust (or tell me witch lines do it) the apparition rate of DLC vehicles, cause I think they pop a bit too much. It’s not really realistic to see a tuk tuk boom boom at each corner !

Thanks.

Bye-bye, bug-eye: while oversized sunglasses have stuck around for yet another year, becoming the sunglasses trend of the undead, most designers have started squaring off their round lenses for a different look.Plain sunglasses, transition sunglasses, and polarized sunglasses – which should you choose? Isn’t it enough anymore to come up to your personal shopper and say you’d like to buy a nice pair of sunglasses for yourself?The majority of the portraitists creating lifelike black and white charcoal paintings from photos in Chiang Mai are to be found across the Night Bazaars covered area, as well as throughout the nearby surroundings.In addition they maintain the reason behind the two primary viewpoint customization in addition style and design statement. Replica Ray Ban Sunglasses That is why the cost is sometimes the obstruction for people to own the Ray Ban product.The option for customer reviews is especially important, as it allows you to see how others liked the product.Oakley offers a wide range of designs in the men’s collection from aviators to classic set frames they have it all.Ray Ban has brought the eyewear for different ages to a completely new level altogether. Price, warranties, and what kind of accessories will need to be purchased are other points to consider while you do your own ab belt comparison.There aren too many women who could easily afford one.This in turn is supposed to give you an ab workout to help increase the strength of your ab muscles and tone your midsection.When you are exceptionally passionate and resolute about your workout goals, then these sacrifices will be well worth it. cheap gucci belts sale With an online retailer, you can shop from your own home and take time to compare different replica brands.2- An Expressway connecting to Mulbagal and developing the infrastructure of Narsapura as a serious automobile hub.For simplicity, we call it a walking belt but our terminology does not limit the type of exercise that you can do.The conveyor belt is so practical and economical that few dispensing pharmacies currently use these conveyors in their stock rooms, serving them to move medicines and prescription items a lot more efficiently. Now, though, just over a year after the beginning of this beautiful friendship, she is gone, released from her obligations for reasons still unclear and heading off into the sunset with only an armful of trench coats and a hefty cheque for her trouble.Designer clothing are also often either hand-sewn or produced in factories with strenuous and frequent high quality checks.The painstaking cleaning process is designed to maximize the life and look of your fur so you get the most out of your investment.burberry shirts ,Burberry was inspired from the loose frocks which have been used by British country fold, and sought out to design and design lighter and additional relaxing bad weather gear. cheap burberry bags Analyze the deal – You must crunch the amounts to make certain that the deal is lucrative.If you are looking for something high quality enough to keep with your family for years to come then a BOB might just be the one you have been looking for.Always check the distribution channels of individual designers to guarantee you are getting an authentic and not a fake.In doing my Dads place are many areas; whether just weren’t thus, We’d have said.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.