- April 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm #79877
NOTE: I am assuming you have all of Gibbed’s tools. If not read this
Ok, first open up ArchiveViewer then find the file with the texture in it. For this tutorial I will use the Jumbo Jet. It’s texture is in PC1.tab. In Exported/Vehicles/arve/arve.V114_jumbojet.ee. Drag that file onto SmallUnpack and it will create a folder called arve.V114_jumbojet open it up and find the file: ‘v114_arve_jumbojet_dif.dds’. Open it up in an image editing program (I used Paint.Net) Once you are done editing it save it as a .DDS with DTX1 compression. Drag the original folder with the edited file into SmallPack and it will make a .sarc file. Rename the file to xxx.eez then drag it into your Dropzone folder and run the game!
- April 5, 2010 at 6:04 pm #84109NutcakeMember
You stole my idea
- April 5, 2010 at 6:24 pm #84142foxMember
I put texture editing stuff in the vehicle modding tutorial I made, which might be easier to follow than this.. it’s not really formatted (no spaces, etc). maybe fix that.. it’s difficult to read.
- April 6, 2010 at 11:03 am #84108
For s:blush: ome reason i had done this but i cant find it on any of my planes ? help
- April 6, 2010 at 11:57 am #84284
Are you sure you followed the tutorial correctly?
- April 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm #84285
D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:Quote:For s:blush: ome reason i had done this but i cant find it on any of my planes ? help
Did you put it on the wings? If you did check on the bottom of the wing. That’s the mistake I made.
- April 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm #84306
ohh cheers and plus when the textures on it seams transparent and you can stil see the origanal texture any helps please. youve help alot and how do i change rico’s skin ?
- April 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm #84309
Character>maincharacters>rico and all of the textures will be there.
- April 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm #84310
- April 6, 2010 at 1:19 pm #84322
oh and how do you put them in the game bcus their all separte :S
- April 6, 2010 at 1:19 pm #84324
Just put them straight into your dropzone folder
- April 6, 2010 at 1:22 pm #84325
Save the rico folder to your dropzone folder and from there it is easier.
- April 12, 2010 at 11:13 pm #84110AnonymousInactive
OwnedTom wrote:Quote:Drag the original folder with the edited file into SmallPack and it will make a .sarc file. Rename the file to xxx.eez then drag it into your Dropzone folder and run the game!
Do you mean rename the .sarc file or the .ee file?
- May 1, 2010 at 5:29 pm #84111John SullivanMember
Thanks, anyone know where I can find the parachute texture?
- May 3, 2010 at 8:49 am #84112looneyMember
very small and fuzzzyy tut’s!
don’t think somebody new won’t get this to work
- March 19, 2013 at 12:16 am #87017Bob joeMember
i cant open .dds files in photoshop or ms paint… do i need paint.net?
- March 19, 2013 at 12:38 am #98250voxbox13Participantmegaeverything wrote:i cant open .dds files in photoshop or ms paint… do i need paint.net?
I believe Photoshop requires an add-on / plug-in to edit .dds files.
Paint.net and GIMP are free and can do it without having to use a plug-in.
Both are good, but Paint.net is easier to use in my opinion.
- March 19, 2013 at 1:21 am #84113
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.