[SVN] Gibbed’s Tools

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials [SVN] Gibbed’s Tools

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      JaBe

Hi. I have been requested to post tutorial about svn and gibbed’s tools.
      This tutorial includes also compiling the source code.

1. Download Tortoise SVN ( http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads )

2. Install Tortoise SVN (You might need to restart computer, I didnt have to. I have Windows 7 64 bit and didnt need to restart.)

3. Create folder somewhere (No matter where)

4. Right click the folder and click SVN Checkout

5. Now it asks for address. Paste this: http://svn.gib.me/public/avalanche

6. Click OK and now it starts to download. Wait until done.

7. Now it has done downloading close it.

8. Go to folder you created. Now it has many folders in it.

9. As example go to “Gibbed.Avalanche.ArchiveViewer” folder and you see .csproj file.

10. You need Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 C# Express Edition to open it. ( http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2008-Visual-CS )

11. Now its opened. Chance DEBUG to RELEASE at the top of window.

12. Hit BUILD -> BUILD SOLUTION at the top of window. Wait until done and then close window.

13. Now you have obj folder there. And in obj folder you have Release. There is ur .exe.

Notice! After you have compiled ANY of the csproj. ALL executables WITH dll’s are in your SVN FOLDER / BIN. So you can run them at there. If you do this you dont need to do step 14.

14. Copy that .exe and paste into OLD gibbed’s tools folder (Overwrite)[This is done because we need those .dll files.

15. Now execute the exe. Done! Enjoy!

Golfman560 wrote:

Quote:
      Just a quick note about this: The only files Gibbed has really updated extensively are inside the BIN folder, under Projects>Just Cause 2. Theres some list files there that determine what the values are when they’re unhashed so values no longer look like A65BE7 or somethign and instead comes out as numberofrotors or something.

Special thanks for Nkosi and Golfman560!
      Reply to this if anything to add or something confusing. Thanks!

fox

nice tut, a lot of people didn’t know how to do this.

Make the numbers bold to make it nicer to read, etc.

JaBe

Yea I tried but it bbcode acts weird to me.

Code:

should be working code but no. It acts so weird in step 15. Thats why I left bold off. But now if its easyer to read. Suit ur self :)

Thanks for reply and feedback.

Mike

svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/trunk

isn’t it?

EDIT: Guess they both are the same thing hehe..so won’t matter. W/O trunk it does add 2 empty folders though.

JaBe

Impious wrote:

Quote:
      svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/trunk

isn’t it?

EDIT: Guess they both are the same thing hehe..so won’t matter. W/O trunk it does add 2 empty folders though.

Yea its pretty same with or without trunk. I use it this way as I wanna get all out :)

got a little confused at the end there with finding the bin file, but other than that thanks for the guide :)

JaBe

The BIN is not file. Its folder as said.

All executables are in the BIN folder when you compile just one of the executables.
      So lets say that you compile the “bin2xml” .exe and then ALL THE EXECUTABLES (bin2xml,xml2bin etc.) are in SVN / BIN folder. Its hard to tell but when you go around and check places you will get it.

Thanks for reply and feedback.

ShadyGhost

this is all wrong the archive viewer doesn’t need to be updated it’s the same version 1.0.0.0 it’s something else you need to overwrite. you almost nailed it though. if anyone got new cars on pc1.tab using this tutorial i would be amazed lol

JaBe

Im not saying that it must be done to get new version. No I havent said that.

But WHEN they update it. YOU WILL GET IT FASTEST BY THAT WAY.
      Sorry for caps but just to get your attention.

ShadyGhost.. When they update their files. And you update your svn. You will get that new version in that same second.

I hope this isnt so confusing. SVN is popular in developing and programming community. To me.. Its easy to understand. I hope other people understands too.

Thanks for reply.

Golfman560

Just a quick note about this: The only files Gibbed has really updated extensively are inside the BIN folder, under Projects>Just Cause 2. Theres some list files there that determine what the values are when they’re unhashed so values no longer look like A65BE7 or somethign and instead comes out as numberofrotors or something.

JaBe

Golfman560 wrote:

Quote:

Okay thanks. I will add that to tutorial so everyone knows etc.

JaBe wrote:

Quote:
      The BIN is not file. Its folder as said.

yeah for some reason or other i said file instead of folder, it was clear enough the first time around, i just managed to miss it. purely my fault, not the tut’s. :)

Videl
      Participant

An unofficial update to the file list for the Boom Pack DLC and the Monster Truck. Not sure when Gib gonna update the tools. Just drop it in the projects>Just Cause 2>files>dlc folder. [file name=dlc_filelist.zip size=2102]http://justcause2mods.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/dlc_filelist.zip[/file]

Kerns

after i right click folder and click svn checkout the svn window opens and ask for url so i copy and paste svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/ and hit OK… then fail.. i get error telling me I have entered a invalid url.. can you please help? error.jpg

EDIT: Im sorry I FIXED the problem silly me i just added http:// to svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/ and it worked great… I suggest that you change “svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/”
      to “[http://]svn.gib.me/public/avalanche/” so people like me dont fail XD

joshua

I don’t understand step 11

can any one help me

hahahaha

Mr.Gold wrote:

Quote:
      I don’t understand step 11

can any one help me

open visual express studio 2008 or 2010. then open the csproj file of, for example, archiveviewer. then go to extras/settings and choose expertsettings. then you can change “debug” to “release”

Julislav

i got a problem too.Ok i gonna start from the first
      I downloaded the programme.Started it and i choose to load the Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer with the Mircosoft Visual C# 2008 Exress edition , then i change the debug to realese.I go to Build > Build Solution as you say and i click it and on the Error list i have 145 Errors O.o and 4 Warning.OK next i go to the folder and there was “obj” folder i open it there was 2 more folders Debug and Realese. On the Debug folder there was another folder named “TempPE” and inside it there was nothing.On the Realese folder there was 5 files:
      1:Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.csproj.GenerateResource
      2:Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.csproj.FileListAbsolute
      3:Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.Properties.Resources
      4:Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.Viewer.resources
      5:ResolveAssemblyReference.cache
      and again the “TempPE” folder , inside hir there is 1 file:Properties.Resources.Designer.cs
      BUT THERE IS NO .EXE I WANT THE EXE BECOUSE I REALLY NEED MODELVIEWER
      I TRYED WITH THE Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer2 BUT THERE WAS EXE BUT WHEN I OPEN IT IT COMES A DON’T SEND ERROR.PLEASE HELP ME. I USE WINDOWS 7 64bit ULTIMATED EDITION.YES I KNOW I AM STUPID NoB.

Golfman560 wrote:

Quote:

I’m confused…does it replace those “A65BE7” like values when editing in Notepad/Notepad++? I mean, it doesn’t for me but is there something I’m supposed to do so it does replace those? Because looking at the filelists in Notepad, I mean they just say stuff, they’re not associated with any of the “A65BE7” like values..

Gawl

The latest update had to do with identifying the DLC files rather than unhashing values. With Arc_Angel’s unofficial update all the DLC files are now known.

Gawl wrote:

Quote:
      The latest update had to do with identifying the DLC files rather than unhashing values. With Arc_Angel’s unofficial update all the DLC files are now known.

Oh, so those A5E423 or whatever values don’t change…
      Man am I confused. -.- How does anyone else mod then? If values just appear like A5E423 and whatnot.

Powerslave212
      Participant

Inkubus wrote:

Quote:
      Man am I confused. -.- How does anyone else mod then? If values just appear like A5E423 and whatnot.

This is something I need to know…

Hubert
      Quote:

Change a value, start the game, observe the effects (if any), repeat. If the values are still hashed, random stab and tests (with a little logic), is the only way to do it.

Prof_Farnsworth wrote:

Quote:
      Quote:

Change a value, start the game, observe the effects (if any), repeat. If the values are still hashed, random stab and tests (with a little logic), is the only way to do it.

Ah…good ol’ trial and error eh?

Jackson

I agree i was totally lost until this post thx x)

Videl
      Participant

Rick has updated to r128 guys. The official file list for the boom pack and the Tuk Tuk Boom Boom DLC. ;)

Jannie

Ok What To DO From Step 9 :P Im So Confused?¿

Im having a problem with downloading through the tortoise SVN program.

I’m stuck at the importing window, nothing is downloading and it is currently stuck at 0bytes per second.

Would someone be able to post updates of the folders as they are released as I don’t think tortoise will work for me.

Jason

For anyone trying to build the .csproj file and getting heaps of errors, go here: http://creators.xna.com/en-US/news/xnagamestudio3.1, scroll to the bottom and download xna 3.1 which needs to be installed for this to work. Hope this helps :)

Paul

I get this error when I try to run the model viewer. I have C# express 2008 and XNA 3.1.10527.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: ‘Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d’

at Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.Viewer..ctor()

at Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer.Program.Main() in C:UsersPaulDesktopGamesModsJC2 Modding ToolstrunkGibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewerProgram.cs:line 18

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog].

whenever i click build(after selecting retail, instead of debug), on microsoft visual studio(2010) it just gives me a list of errors.
      i’m getting crazy at this.
      i just need the model viewer… i also tried downloading XNA, but it won’t install,saying i need windows visual studio 2008! Is this a conspiracy to get me nuts? O__o

farhan

i dont understand a shit….can anyone help??????????????

Moogie

Is anyone able to confirm whether the latest revisions of bin2xml and xml2bin no longer crash, or crash less often, than the current ‘stable’ release?

Edit: Nevermind, they don’t. Damn. I’m getting either “Duplicate hash” or “Unknown property type” errors. Gah, I so badly want to make a mod, but I’ve done absolutely everything I could do at this point.

P J

How did gibbed find the hashes he has now? Did he just guess? Or is there a way to run through word combinations?

n00bDooD

Im getting errors all over the place D:

I have been working with XNA and Visual Studio before, so i have both of them installed on my comp, and when i create a new project using the XNA framework, visual studio can load XNA properly, but when i open up gibbeds project, visual studio cannot find XNA for some odd reason o.0

Im using XNA game studio 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 professional, could that have any impact on the result?

EDIT: The errors are only from the Model Viewer

no offense but this is honestly the most ridiculous way of distributing somin and calling it mod tools, its a bunch of c+ code which might maybe be useable by coders and programmers, the point of that tool however should actually be to allow people who are artistic or creative to create mods. The way it is offered on the other hand deprives every person who didnt spend the last 500yrs in front of a screen of any usability.
      no documentation, no real tutorial except some by people who didnt pay much attention to what they wrote (google translator sometimes suck) and also think it is normal that everybody in this world knows how C works…
      as you can see with all those posts above im obviously not alone, its prolly even just a lil error or mistake we all make but as it seems we dont know what to do to get it working… would it be so hard to do what everybody else in the code developement department does, namely release a ready to use program? and not hand out a bunch of cryptic stuff noone but the creater understands? whats so hard about just compiling the model viewer for example like the rest and bundeling it all together? if i make a model for lets say fallout i dont ask the mod downloader to install 3dmax and nifskope aswell as photoshop first so they can build the model on their own, if i buy a car i dont want a steerwheel and a bunch of screws, is this bloody IKEA?… well IKEA at least hands out manuals…

anyway thx to the OP for at least trying to tell the masses how to use that stuff… and thx to gibb for creating it in the first place… its all cool and great, just kinda unusable in its current form for about 99.99% of the people interested in using it

Well, i’m just starting modding for JC2 and this tools installation seems needlessly complex.
      why not just upload a rar or zip file with all the tools compiled as exe files?
      it will save time for all modders.

talsment

still makes no sence i got Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition and i see no extra

this is to the person helping the person understanding step 11 … i am confused to

well… screw all that nonsense…
      here ya go, the complete compiled pack as of yesterday, someday in february 2011 (since gib didnt update any of it in month anyway i guess thats final…)

i also added a tutorial by FRX which i found on this site, you might need an additional HEX editor to follow it completely

JaySuS Gibbed’s Tool Set and FRX Tutorial

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

thousand Thanks, JaySus.
      i’ll test immediatly

lemme know if it doesnt, never ever compiled anything before lol

All the files seems to be correctly compiled.
      after, how to use them is another thing.
      thanks for the tutorial.

seems like you still need to instal XNA tho, link added to the file page

JaBe wrote:
      Hi. I have been requested to post tutorial about svn and gibbed’s tools.
      This tutorial includes also compiling the source code.

~snip~

i have been hearing about gibbed‘s tools here and in FC3 mod forums… who is this awesome guy??

@gibbed
      : bro if you are seeing this, you have my respect. hats off to you for doing such awesome work.

Gibbed (also known by his real name, Rick) is a modder and tinkerer that likes to reverse-engineer games and release tools to the community. He’s made modding tools for well over 10 games and his work can be found here:

http://blog.gib.me/

Unfortunately the last revision of the Just Cause 2 mod tools (r169) was released in about September or August of last year. I do have other plans for that revision, though, and the source code is still completely open and public.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      CoconutFred wrote:
      … I do have other plans for that revision, though, and the source code is still completely open and public.

Woohoo!

oh! so gibbed is the Rick on farcry3 ubi mod forum…

and a salute to you to, brother :)

btw, whats SVN??

“SVN” means “subversion”. A “subversion” is sort of like a server where you keep the latest version of some project you’re making. So Gibb’s SVN is his server where you can always see the newest tool source code and download it.

aah.. thanks! :)

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.