Submarine

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation Submarine

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Golfman560

Okay I thought since some people wanted a submarine I should post this. The video quality is crap (Someone please suggest a better video capture software that I can actually edit settings with)

So diving works, kinda. It can steer underwater, however the thrust/dive controls are still both mapped to W so if you want to go forward you’re going to dive underwater. And if you backup you’ll rise to the surface. Annoying, but I still don’t understand what makes planes have Shift as the thrust yet.

Julien

shweeeeet

yeah would be nice to be able to control when to submerge and such

maybe try using fraps to record?

Metatasis

It would be awesome if we could make the blackmarket jet land on water and submerge when fully upgraded…

Golfman560

I found a way to get them so they can land on the water but they can’t really take off anymore. Thats pretty much the issue with the sub now. It either dives and doesn’t come back up, or it dives like wild dolphin on acid and just goes wherever it wants when you hit the keys.

Metatasis

Maybe the games engine has no “hydro-dynamic“ physics controls as of yet. Its like flying through really thick air. The variables for the water steering might not be in the code as of yet. Here`s hoping they make an underwater playground, shipwrecks, atlantis, kracken, great whites, attack subs, enemy scuba divers, volcanic activity, underwater grapple speargun capabilities, underwater flying Pegasus with laser beam eyes and carpet bombing testicles AND so ON!! ..uh.. *steps slowly away from the computer*…

Golfman560

All I’m trying to do is turn the boat into a plane really. Except that it floats. Maybe I should start with a plane and get it to land on the water and then go from there?

mike

I have no experience in any modding thingy,
      But hope you can get this to work lol

I mean, heli+jets for air, Motobikes+cars+”tank” (hoping for a REAL tank) for land….boats..but no sub?? come on :D

A few questions (keep in mind, all of these ideas could be complete BS since I can’t mod -.-)
      1. I was thinking, is there a way to limit the height at which helicopters can fly?
      If so, use a helicopter as a sub
      The shift/control would work great as rising/sinking

2. Hoping that someone can actually model a sub :P

3. Don’t heli/planes blow up when in water? If my 1st point had any value at all, maybe also change the armor to invincible since there aren’t any other subs to attack you anyways.

Golfman560

Yeah planes die when they hit the water. I turned the raceplane (I forget the name at the moment, only the filename comes to mind) to pretty much invincible and I’ve gotten it to land on water. taking off is another issue.

Golfman560

Okay just a somewhat bump.

http://justcause2mods.com/index.php/mods/Vehicles/Planes/Sea-Plane/

Polimer managed to get a plane to dive underwater, which is fantastic. Also whatever he’s using for bin2xml is un-hashing pretty much every value that I still have unknown. After looking through it I might be able to get a boat with controls for diving properly.

EDIT: Actually the new SVN version of gibbeds tools is doing the un-hashing. At least I’ve figure out what determines if a vehicle has a rotor or jet engine.

ErLite

It looks like Polimer tried to make the plane land on water and got this.
      I tried the same with a car but instead of driving on water it went underwater.

Golfman560

Yeah I’ve been using some of Polimers code to get planes to land on water.

As for the sub/boat, its not really going to happen until Gibbed un-hashs more of the code. Some of these things that I’ve been editing I have no clue what they are and so the controls are extremely unbalanced.

bassie

I think the black market boat would be better as a sub.

For one you can just shoot boats from below, and it just looks better as a sub.

Golfman560

I changed it to the charter boat because of what I was doing with the controls, it just meant that the turret on the agency boat wouldn’t work so I changed it.

Ill upload a second version sometime tonight then.

Ralf

Golfman560 wrote:

Quote:
      Yeah planes die when they hit the water. I turned the raceplane (I forget the name at the moment, only the filename comes to mind) to pretty much invincible and I’ve gotten it to land on water. taking off is another issue.

Nice! Can you post this mod, too?
      How invincible have you made the plane? I’ve increased every armor value I could find, but when flying the plane into the ground it still explodes.
      Thanks!

Golfman560

If you hit ahrd enough it will always explode. I just made it so that unless you’re coming at it from the sky you’re pretty much guaranteed to survive.

And I don’t have the file anymore because that plane was useless. Once you hit the water you couldn’t take off again.

Ralf

Oh all right then. I was just curious what you changed to make it land on the water.

Golfman560

beef the buoyancy to anything over 3 and it will work. If that isn’t it then replace the buoyancy (All of the modules) with that of a boat and then pump it up over 3. I forget which does which.

u can

billtaco

sorry
      i use the mod
      but it seems not work
      how to sub..

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.