Some modding questions

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Help Some modding questions

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      mrtt

Hi. i have some questions:

1. What is “Stability”? I tried different stability values for my modded guns, i couldn’t see any difference. Some weapons have stability values like 0.07, some 0, what’s the difference really?

2. What is “6A1FB54C” inside weaponsupgrades?

3. I’m making a diverse and populated creatures mod. I increased their spawn values to populate and changed their spawning attitudes/depths, sizes, wing length, wing beat frequency, speeds, turn rates etc. to diversify them as much as i can. I was succesful at modding them except fish. Everytime i dive under water, i want to see some fish, but i can’t. Increasing their spawn values doesn’t work. And increasing their size is problematic as well. Any ideas?

4. Do creatures have pre defined spawn zones? After increasing the bird’s spawn rate, they spawned more on all areas, but i saw that some areas like above lakes have very high number of birds. And i saw that insects don’t spawn everywhere, they generally spawn above tall grass.

5. What is “AllowOverSpawnzone” inside creatures.bin?

6. I made a Hedge mod, i’m happy with its new handling. But i want to make it to climb steep hills, i know that i must increase “friction” values for that. The problem is, increasing the friction values too much ruins the handing, it becomes very unstable. Is there any way to compensate this? I tried other hill climbing car mods out there, they all have horrible handling. I don’t need that.

That’s all for now. Sorry for my English. :)

mrtt

3. After some more testing, what i understand is no matter how high iincrease fish spawn rate, they don’t spawn as much as i like. It’s still easy to see fish under water, but not as much as i expected.

mrtt

Okay, i modified the creatures a bit more. I’m attaching my creatures.bin if anyone wants to try it. This is my first released JC2 mod, I’m open to criticism. :)

b]Edit: Looks like i can’t attach the file for some reason, here’s a link:[/b] creatures.zip

Edit: I found out how to increase fish spawning and modified other creatures as well. I’ll upload a new version later.

IMRPOVED CREATURES

mrtt

7.How can i change a vehicle’s engine sound?

Hope this will help:

http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum/14-modifications/20138-favorite-mods.html#20356

JTH wrote:
      You can always change the engine sound if you dont like it:

Convert “lave.v022_heavydrop_jeep.ee.epe” to “lave.v022_heavydrop_jeep.ee.epe.xml

Look for this id “9F996ED1” (This is the engine sound) and change the value to the engine sound you like.

Here is the complete line to look for:
      4 <– (here you can see it is set to 4 witch is the V015_Military_Vehicle engine sound)

Here are some of the engine sounds i have tested:

0: V022_Heavydrop_Jeep and V017_Military_Jeep
      1: V004_Truck_Garbage
      2: V001_Sedan and V002_Police and V002_Sedan_TAXI
      4: V015_Military_Vehicle
      5: V036_City_Jeep and V014_Jeep
      8: V047_Jeep_Small
      9: V030_Super_Sportcar
      15: V016_Military_APC
      17: V018_Military_Buggy
      18: V024_SportsCar and V028_Luxuary_Sportcar

It is also a good ideer to change the engine settings to match, or it will sound badly.

JTH posted this a while ago, but i still haven’t tried it. Best of luck on those mods!

mrtt

Thanks mate, i’ll give it a try.

mrtt

I wanted my Hedge sound like Poloma Renegade, which uses engine sound 4. Changing the sound was easy, replicating the same sound by changing RPM values is not. I tried various RPM and engine setups, none of them were satisfying. Maybe there are other values that need to be changed. I’ll continue testing later.

Engine sound depends on RPM too? That’s a new development…

BTW, Mastercontrol told me while he was still making a mod for the competition that 6A1FB54C was weapon accuracy, as in the max amount of space in between where each shot lands (zoomed in firing is still 100% accurate, though). You might want to set it to some extreme value and find out.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      CoconutFred wrote:
      Engine sound depends on RPM too? That’s a new development…

BTW, Mastercontrol told me while he was still making a mod for the competition that 6A1FB54C was weapon accuracy, as in the max amount of space in between where each shot lands (zoomed in firing is still 100% accurate, though). You might want to set it to some extreme value and find out.

That value.. Please tell me you wrote that down, because if you didn’t, your memory is ungodly.

mrtt

Thanks again for explaining 6A1FB54C. You guys are great. :cheer:

When i change the Hedge’s sound to number 4, it has a very … sound. My English isn’t good enough to explain it, i don’t know the right word. Let’s say it has a non-loud and very deep sound. Think that you drive car, you drive fast, but the RPM always stays very low. Low RPM=low sound=low satisfaction, this is my problem. :blink: I want it to be a proper V8, roaring like a lion! So i tried different engine setups to see if it makes a difference. Poloma and Chevalier Classic are two cars that i would like to replicate their sounds.

Anyway, enough modding for now. I want to enjoy the game a bit.

MASTERCONTROL!!!! wrote:
      That value.. Please tell me you wrote that down, because if you didn’t, your memory is ungodly.

My memory lasts until the heat death of the universe and beyond.

It’s actually the only hashed value in weapon_upgrades.bin. :P

OP: Glad I could help!

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      mrtt wrote:
      … enough modding for now. I want to enjoy the game a bit.

Heathen!

(Sorry – I’m totally kidding.)

mrtt
      voxbox13 wrote:
      mrtt wrote:
      … enough modding for now. I want to enjoy the game a bit.

Heathen!

(Sorry – I’m totally kidding.)

How dare people talk about enjoying games? You don’t enjoy them, you mod them! B)

I tend to mod games like crazy instead of enjoying them, sometimes never completing them for once, Not this time! I want to play JC2 properly and have a good time. :cheer:

By the way i’m still at the start, everytime i load the game to test a mod, Rico says “Time to meet the criminal factions.” Then i have to listen to the faction introductions, and “the voice of truth”. Lol, i’ve listened to them a thousand times already! :ohmy:

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.