Simple Vehicle skin Tutorial

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Simple Vehicle skin Tutorial

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Aaron

Hello Welcome, many people have asked for skining tuts so i thought i’d help you lot out theirB) Gibbed Tools are needed – http://www.justcause2mods.com/index.php/mods/other/Modding-Tools/Gibbeds-Tool-Pack/

So open up your Archive viewer and open up pc1.tab and right click and save lave.v034_sport_buggy.ee to you desktop .
      01.jpg

Then drag the sport buggy.ee file over to Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallUnpack and a new folder should appear on your desktop . Open up the folder and open these 2 files with Paint.Net(free > http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html) –
      02.jpg

First off when you open these files up go on to the v034_body_mpm one
      03.jpg
      The mpm files in the game are for colour lighting, the pink parts are dark colours and the blue is light. So change the pink with rest of the blue using Hue/saturation in the Adjustments menu.

04.jpg

When this is done correct , go to the v034_body_dif because this is the one you want to edit on top. If you take a look you can actual see the resumbulance of the diffrent body parts . The best way of finding the parts is to experiment athough iv’e al ready found these parts for you anyway.

05.jpg

Okay if you want simply put on a picture then its not that simple, as you can see your only getting half a part this is because the it will get mirriored over to the other side . So all vehicles in the game are basicly semetrical.I have grabbed a simple semetrical graphic from google and made a few more ajustments.

06.jpg

Once you’r happy
      with your work save both , v034_body_dif + v034_body_mpm as a .dds file with DXT1 Format.Once that is done drag the whole lave.v034_sport_buggy folder along with you edited files (inside) to gibbeds tool – Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallPack and it should create a file on your desktop called lave.v034_sport_buggy.sarc , Rename the end of the new file replacing .sarc to an .eez file. Finally drag that file to your dropzone folder.

07.jpg

(if you have no dropzone folder then create one called – C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonjust cause 2Dropzone Load just cause 2 up find the Stinger Dune bug 84 (sport buggy) and their you go! 08.jpg

Shawn

thanks dude! this tutorial is not only useful for modding the buggy, but also for other vehicles. I used it on the Dalton N90 and it worked great! I prefer to use Adjustments –> Levels instead of Hue/saturation cause you just simply uncheck the blue channel and you put the level on the right all the way down and the one on the left too but not completely though.

levelsu.png

Aaron

oh :) nice find

looney

Going to try this one out! If i get some results i will post it here!

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

amazing tutorial man thanks, will be using it once i get time to make a new mod

looney

i added 2 cars… but cant find them :blink:
      put the files (.eez) in the dropzone folder…

its the:
      lave.v003_tourist.eez
      and the:
      lave.v003_lorry.eez

how can i find these cars ? the map is so big… dont know where to search…
      help plz!

This is one i made, you guys think it will look nice ingame?
      v003_body_dif.jpg

Hubert

If you mean you can’t find them in game, it is because those two particular vehicles are set to spawn vary rarely, if at all in some areas.

Use the blackmarket mod if you want to test your textures quickly as you can spawn any vehicle at any time.

Aaron

That veicle you made just their is the ice cream van you can see from the stars on the top right ! :)

Kyle B

I can’t find pc1.tab.

looney

@Prof_Farnsworth
      Didnt know that there was a blackmarket mod, gonna search for it, thnx for the reply!

@D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R.
      lol your right, i fail :P

@Black-Ice
      Mine is right here :
      C:Program Files (x86)SQUARE ENIX – Eidos InteractiveJust Cause 2archives_win32
      Goodluck

PS i gave up i geuss… made a tuktuk, look at result lol
      tuktuk.jpg

Kyle B

Dominator please make another tutorial on how to reskin planes, especially the cargo plane

looney

Black-Ice wrote:

Quote:
      Dominator please make another tutorial on how to reskin planes, especially the cargo plane

Plane is almost the same, if you know how to do a car you also can do a plane, just soem filenames are different. Just try and you will succeed!

Kyle B

I can’t succeed.

I tried doing the same thing.

The cargo plane is VERY challenging that it just turned white. OP’s tutorial wasn’t as clear and didn’t make much sense, I don’t think he’s even English (no offense)

n00bDooD

Thanx alot, this tutorial really really helped me :D

Aaron

Your Welcome Guys! :cheese:

Videl
      Participant

This guide sure helps a lot of skinning n00bs like me. :cheese:

justcause22010070115102.jpg

bram

well got it all but i dont want to skin a car i want to skin the pell silverbolt but i cant find it:(

Srdjan

Complicated to make anything!
      But the tut is great!

Aaron

Thank you :)

Aaron

Yes i am English! INFACT IM ONLY 15 years old

And it just seems that you cant understand anything…….

Vans

idk how 2 use gib tool =/

farhan

dont worry about you age man.it doesnt matter at all.;)

Jake

Awesome tut :) Really helpful thanks dominator, if you have any spare time, please can you make a tut on how to make a parachute or find me one, All help appreciated thanks, dont worry if you cant, but i just really wanna make a parachute as my first piece of work, thanks!

Aaron

It depends on how you mean make a parachute ? do you mean re-skin it ?

WassimSp

D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:

Quote:
      It depends on how you mean make a parachute ? do you mean re-skin it ?

yes that re-skin it :)

Jake

Hi, I get this completely, however i dont know about the part of the colour and lighting, with the hue and saturation and the colours are different whatever i do, will it effect the buggy at all? if so can u teach me quick what to put the hue and saturation at? thank you if you can!! :woohoo:

Aaron

Well just simply change the pink areas to blue , if you dont then the colours dont come through in the game

Tony

Thnx, it was good tutorial and easy to follow. ;)

ac1997

go to pc0_tab/exported/vehicles/arve/ and look for a file that says ‘speedplane’ :) i did it

ac1997

you can uncheck Blue and only put the level on the right all the way down ! at least it works for me :)

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:

Quote:
      Yes i am English! IN FACT I AM ONLY 15 years old

LOL — That was brilliant! Well said ;)

CapoCapo
      Participant

Arc_Angel wrote:

Quote:
      This guide sure helps a lot of skinning n00bs like me. :cheese:

justcause22010070115102.jpg

Wow look at this.

The hover turret on icecream truck ?

BEAST, please release although this post in thread was 2years ago.

Lol would be nice.

jesse

If i dowload paint.net my pc shays i need to dowload download meneger whats that?

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

jesseGmeester wrote:

Quote:
      If i dowload paint.net my pc shays i need to dowload download manager whats that?

Ah, NOW I think I see what you mean…

When you go to the Paint.net website
      http://www.getpaint.net/

Make sure to choose the Paint.NET v3.5.10 Link in the upper right corner
      ** v3.5.10 or whatever the current version is **

AVOID THE OTHER DOWNLOAD BANNER ADS
      Paint_NET_Link.jpg

raphael

D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:

Once you’r happy
      with your work save both , v034_body_dif + v034_body_mpm as a .dds file with DXT1 Format.Once that is done drag the whole lave.v034_sport_buggy folder along with you edited files (inside) to gibbeds tool – Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallPack and it should create a file on your desktop called lave.v034_sport_buggy.sarc , Rename the end of the new file replacing .sarc to an .eez file. Finally drag that file to your dropzone folder.

Hello from this stage I can not do anything because of Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallPack.exe when I put the file v037_body_dif.dds
      and v037_body_mpm.dds and the program stopped working.
      Please help me

raphael93 wrote:

D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:

Once you’r happy

Hello from this stage I can not do anything because of Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallPack.exe when I put the file v037_body_dif.dds
      and v037_body_mpm.dds and the program stopped working.
      Please help me

Drag the folder. Not the file.

Annie

Is that an ice cream truck with miniguns? really? OP much?

paint.net cant open these 2 files

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      comicalscorpion wrote:
      paint.net cant open these 2 files

Do you mean .dds files? Paint.Net will open them. I use Paint.Net all the time and open these regularly.

dif.dds
      mpm.dds
      nrm.dds

Or maybe you’re talking about different files??

Slender Man
      Participant

when I drag the ee file to small.unpack it says gibbed.avalanche.smallunpack has stopped working

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      slade04 wrote:
      when I drag the ee file to small.unpack it says gibbed.avalanche.smallunpack has stopped working

Try it with an .eez version of the file instead of the .ee
      (there is usually one of each, in almost every case, for some strange reason.)
      I seem to remember reading that .eez works better/more consistently.

Slender Man
      Participant

I did choose eez but I got it now

Is my skin good ? I am a beginner ? Please answer and download if you like it.

Super Sport Car Just Cause 2 skin v.01

Link to the mod: http://justcause2mods.com/mods/super-sport-car-just-cause-2-skin-v-01/

And can anyone tell me how to make cars indestructible and if so there is a thread or forum for the same please give a active link not a dead one

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.