[REQ] The Ultimate Black Market Mod

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Modifications [REQ] The Ultimate Black Market Mod

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John

This is a [REQ]uest, from an old school modder to the current JC2 modding community. I do not plan on personally getting involved in creating mods for JC2, but I cannot help feeling like there is something missing from the current slew of Black Market mods. Not to mention – the Black Market as released with the game is severely lacking.

Here is a wishlist of things (either realistic or outlandish) that it would be nice to see in an Ultimate Black Market mod:

Vehicles

• All vehicles eventually available (included for unlocking)
      • Different vehicles unlocked at specific levels of Chaos achieved by the player (ala the current Agency Vehicle system). Cheaper vehicles (or those more common) available earlier.
      • All vehicles upgradeable (similar to agency upgrades)
      • Vehicle upgrade costs changed to 1/2/3/4/5 (parts per upgrade tier), but only if all vehicles are upgradeable.
      • Vehicle costs at 25% of original for agency (new vehicles similarly and realistically priced)
      • Cost to buy a vehicle goes up when more upgrades are added to it
      • Vehicles sorted by type (Agency Vehicles at top)
      • Random Vehicle Roulette – you pay $X and get a random vehicle dropped to you (nothing really expensive like a Jet)

Weapons

• All weapons eventually available (included for unlocking)
      • More powerful weapons (like the minigun) unlocked at higher levels of Chaos.
      • All weapons upgradeable (similar to agency upgrades)
      • Weapon upgrade costs dropped very slightly, to accommodate the few new weapons added.
      • Weapon costs at 25% of original (new weapons similarly priced).
      • Cost to buy a weapon goes up when more upgrades are added to it
      • A purchasable Ammo Drop (no item is dropped, your ammo for that type of weapon simply goes up to max when bought). Possible variation are Ammo Drop Kits (i.e. refills ammo to max for Pistol/SMG) at the same time.

General

• Black Market cutscenes (all kinds) optional

I do realize that some of this might only be possible with scripting, some may not be possible at all given our current tools. I simply wanted to throw a wish list out there for some features that would finally make the Black Market in JC2 worth it, realistic, and immersive. Toss out additional suggestions if you guys have them, ideas on how to make this stuff work, etc.

If we can’t make it happen via modding tools, perhaps some or all of the ideas will make it back to the Devs for inclusion in either a patch or expansion down the road.

Golfman560

Actually most if not all of this is possible. The only thing I could see as a problem is the ammo drops and random vehicle drops. Otherwise everything is possible.

Everything is also relatively easy… except for the car and weapon upgrades. For each and every weapon/vehicle it will have to have its file changed outside of the blackmarket.bin (Where everything else can be done inside). So it would mean going through about 100 files and adding exact upgrades to them. Its tedious but I’m sure someone will eventually do it.

Annie

This could be possible… Golfman is right though. You can’t spawn an entity that doesn’t exist (ammo) and the random vehicle drops will conflict with the rest of the selections.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.