Renaming .sarc files to .eez

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Renaming .sarc files to .eez

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Golfman560

I seem to get annoyed by the simple things.

Does anyone else here hate how with Windows if you rename a file extension it prompts you to ensure you want to do that? I hated it, so I made a batch script to get rid of it.

I would post it in downloads section but some people might not like downloading a batch file since many are usually viruses of some kind, so I’m posting the code for it.

-So, create a text file and rename it to something.bat (It can have any name)

Code:
      ren *.sarc *.eez
      move /Y *.eez “F:Program FilesSquare EnixJust Cause 2dropzone”

Change the Program Path to wherever the dropzone is.

Then if you drag a .sarc file onto it, it will rename it to .eez and toss it in your download folder.

Nkosi

I have to thank you so much !!!!
      Was comin close to post for help right about this annoying issue.
      I actually can count 154 deleted “v036_city_jeep.eez” files in my Recycle Bin… im sick of renaming and tellin windows im sure about it so, thanks again.

Perry

Sorry but i don’t see the point into this, you can simply rename it right?

Hubert

Wildride300 wrote:

Quote:

When you have to mod a vehicle over and over, this little batch is a life saver. I felt the same way until I started weaponizing vehicles, now with drag-and-drop functionality, I couldn’t imagine having to rename and confirm every time again, then move the file, then confirm the overwrite.

Thanks again Golfman.

Daniel

It indeed is, very very useful, exactly as Prof_Farnsworth described.

Perry

Prof_Farnsworth wrote:

Quote:
      Wildride300 wrote:

Quote:

When you have to mod a vehicle over and over, this little batch is a life saver. I felt the same way until I started weaponizing vehicles, now with drag-and-drop functionality, I couldn’t imagine having to rename and confirm every time again, then move the file, then confirm the overwrite.

Thanks again Golfman.

Alright, you are right.
      I am going to download this right now, thank you.

taiiat

haha. interesting way to circumvent windows. i’m not sure it was completely necessary to use 5 seconds to write up a batch for this, but i suppose for some people it’s necessary.

Rando

nooby question but where i have to put that .bat
      :P
      edit: Forget that I got it working.

Just going to bump this up a few years for relevance. This is a lifesaver!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.