Playstation 3 – Modding Tutorial

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Playstation 3 – Modding Tutorial

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Just Cause 2 Mods For Ps3 — Confirmed Working.

This guide has been created with the understanding that all user/members who intend to use the knowledge obtained in this tutorial has obtained all copies of Just Cause 2 LEGALLY.

Now enough with the stuff i think i am suppose to say before posting a guide.

I spent about 4-5hrs getting this to work and I now have proof.

You should be able to do this in 30mins. To an Hour.

PROOF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxmxNIf4czA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubfNe05HSNs

Requirements:

1. Ps3 — DUH
      2. Ps3 with CFW 3.55 —BUMP
      3. MultiManager a.k.a. MultiMan (I have version 1.15,im going to 1.16 tonight) or any other up to date manager.
      4. A LEGAL Back-Up of YOUR purchased copy of Just Cause 2 — DOUBLE BUMP
      5. Alot of patience
      6. The mods ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTE0LQBU ) NOT MY LINK.

First, instantiate an environment you are comfortable in and listen to some music to drown out the sound of your (possible) future frustrations with this process. Once more it did take me alot of testing to get this to work. But hopefully I can relay my thought process without composing any C++ or Java.

[ Step-By-Step Instructions ]

-WIPE/DELETE EVERYTHING-
      • For ME to get these mods to work i erased the update in my XMB and the game save data. You can try to proceed without erasing either,but i at least recommend erasing the update.
      • The update is located in Your game column from your XMB(main menu) under Game Data Utility.
      • Highlight your JC2 press Triangle on your remote and select delete.
      -CREATING DROPZONE FOLDER-
      • Simple.Easy.No need to overthink. If you have your game backed up to your internal hdd on your ps3.Your directory should be the default for your backup manager.
      • I navigated to MultiMan, pressed L1 until you get to the file manager(will be a list of directories with options at the top that say HELP,THEMES,ETC…)
      • Selected dev_hdd0,GAMEZ or GAMES,and then your folder name that you have JC2 located. I renamed my JC2 folder to the game Identification number. You may not have to but i recommend it just for the sake of backtracking.
      • From there just select PS3_GAME/USRDIR/
      • Then you can press R1 to create a new folder named dropzone all lower case letters.
      • If you have your game on a external hdd. Navigate to the same directory and create the same folder.Your USB Will be called usb000 etc..

Optionally just create the folder in ftp client/or windows business as usual.

-Transferring Your Mods-
      • You can copy the mods from a usb stick in Multiman File Manager.Navigate to both directories in the left and right cloumn.
      • Example:
      • Your usb stick in Multiman Filemanager would be:
      • Left Column
      • dev_usb001/(root of your usb)/(folder you have mods in call this folder dropzone)
      • Right Column
      • dev_hdd0/GAMES/(JC2 folder name)/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/dropzone/
      • Press Circle to copy & confirm.

Optionally just use your ftp client to transfer files. I will have tips for ftp up to 20mb/s w/out the use of a router if requested.

-Starting Game With Mods & installing game data –
      • Press L1 to get back to game selection.
      • Highlight JC2 in your multiman, press R1 to set permissions(it does this automatically but just do it anyway.)
      !!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!
      • Press X to start and select NO to exit to XMB.
      • Once in xmb/Game column, select */app_home/PS3_Game.(You should see the mpeg of JC2 playing prior to pressing X)

• You should get an error message relayed in several different languages in white text. Press the PS button and go to Quit Game.
      • Highlight and Select(Press X) on Disc Image(In XMB) to initiate the game as usual.
      • You should see a progress bar starting at 0 percentile and ending in 100%
      • It is only installing about 1.2Gb of data,not to long to install.
      • Start Game on desired difficulty(I did normal and experienced.)

You should immediately see the mods that I have linked taking effect in the intro video.

• If you turn ps3 off,just start game from Multiman as usu. Select */app_home/PS3_Game,get err msg,and then Quit and start game.Mods will still be in effect.

To Convert JC2 Mods To Ps3

Windows Xp

Click Start
      Click Run
      Type “cmd” without the ” “

Windows Vista / Windows 7

Click Start

Type “cmd”

Once DOS window is open:

• Go to your gibbed toolset folder.
      • Right Click “Gibbed.Avalanche.bin2xml.exe”
      • (Windows 7 / Vista User Hold Shift and Right Click)
      • Click Copy as Path.
      • Go back to DOS window.
      • Right Click and Paste.
      • Erase “” in the pasted path.Start and End.
      • Now type in the name of the .bin your converting after you paste, then click enter.
      • (If you get an error,let me know,you either have the folder in the wrong area or the mods(.bin) in the wrong area.)
      • Now Delete the .bin file you just converted.
      • You Should see an xml file with same name as the .bin you just converted.
      • Copy the path of “Gibbed.Avalanche.xml2bin.exe”
      • GO back to dos window and paste in your new line of CMD.
      • This time type in the name of your mod with a “-b” in front and “.xml” and press Enter.
      • Example:
      • C:UsersName>C:UsersNameGibbedGibbed.Avalanche.xml2bin.exe -b naruto.xml

Thats It.You will now have a new .bin file in your C:Users[Your Name] directory

Place Into Your dropzone folder and start game as I instructed before.

To Interchange Mods.

• Either FTP to dropzone directory,or use usb with your new mods.
      • After placing new mods in desired folder,Set Permissions with R1 again.
      • Start Game.
      • Select */app_home/PS3_Game.(You should see the mpeg of JC2 playing prior to pressing X)
      • Start Game.New Mods Will Be in Effect.:)

I hope this will motivate members of various websites to help import some pc mods to ps3.I believe i have provided sufficient proof that this is working on PS3.

Anderson

thanks man i got it to work! thanks to u ;). it didnt work when i tried using ftp client to transfer files but it didnt work like that, i transfered dropzone folder via usb using multiman 1.16

No Problem,Your Welcome.

ziggy

i cant ge the skin mods to work but everything elce is ok is there any way u know to get the skins to work?

stephonx11 wrote:

Quote:
      i cant ge the skin mods to work but everything elce is ok is there any way u know to get the skins to work?

Not completely,just the original modded skins from 360mods. Ive only been using the .bin mods for now.

ziggy

hey would you happin to have a link that i can use to get some iv tryed searching google but google has failed me

stan

Can you tell me what files do What?
      and Can Anyone Convert “The Superman Mod” For Me?

hey would you happin to have a link that i can use to get some iv tryed searching google but google has failed me

What?

Edit: OOoo,i dont think i can post outside links,just look a little harder and you will find a good ISO website or MODDB website

cal wrote:

Quote:
      Can you tell me what files do What?
      and Can Anyone Convert “The Superman Mod” For Me?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLLGEXMQ

There you go.Look a little funny when he flies,but it is working.

Ismael

Hello in my blog I have information about Just Cause 2 PS3 mods.
      My team is also investigating the superman mod my climb soon.

http://justcause2modsps3.blogspot.com/

establie wrote:

Quote:
      Hello in my blog I have information about Just Cause 2 PS3 mods.
      My team is also investigating the superman mod my climb soon.

http://justcause2modsps3.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the info,i figured out the steps i need to convert the superman mod completely and make it look like hes not flying like hancock. I just dont know where to put the dlc content for the game in the PS3 hdd.

Ismael

We launched Superman v1 PS3

> http://justcause2modsps3.blogspot.com/2011/03/aqui-el-mod-de-volar-en-ps3.html

Contains the files to the folder dropzone, and what the archivos.tab. arc rich we are investigating to adopt the position “Hancock” jejeje.
      Greetings.

steven

WOW IT WORKS!!!!

THX!!!

A question… does exist a way to convert this .bin mods with mac??? Because i found some mods for ps3… but in this site there are many coolest and… I want them!!!

Thx in advance!!!

Ismael

I managed to run the Superman v2
      Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iA0Jvaua8k

Greetings.

I was not able to get the superman mod to work using the same files and same modding techniques I’ve used before. What did you do differently? I heard that the black market add on DLC was required and i think i got it and installed the pkg for it, but still no results. any suggestions anyone out there?

Stephen

does using this proccess cause any permenant changes to the ps3 itself? the way I’ve interpreted the tutorial is that you have to delete EVERYTHING from the ps3 before starting.

Ismael

digislave wrote:

Quote:
      does using this proccess cause any permenant changes to the ps3 itself? the way I’ve interpreted the tutorial is that you have to delete EVERYTHING from the ps3 before starting.

No need to delete anything just create the folder and put drop zone is the mod of the PS3 version.
      A greeting.

Ismael

Hello friends here I leave my video tutorial.
      Greetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBjAVZ9fks

Bob

i cant download multiman because it doesnt work and i dont know how to get it on playstation so could you plz tell me how to do it with no multiman and with a USB memory stick?
      Thanks!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.