Official Modding Tools

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums News Official Modding Tools

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Just Cause 2 Modders,

Your cries for modding tools for Just Cause 2 have not gone unheard here at Avalanche Studios SE. We at Avalanche have been seeing these requests, and have placed them under heavy consideration. We have come to the conclusion that it is in Avalanche Studios and Square Enix’s best interest to turn a cold shoulder on the concept of releasing any sort of tools to the community. The Avalanche Engine 2.0 is trademarked under Square Enix’s name, and is only to be under the use of Avalanche Studios. We strongly support the use of mods and perks in Just Cause 2, but we are unable to provide feedback in relation to modding tools at the time, as the publisher has prohibited any unauthorized distribution of trademarked software.

The Just Cause IP has always been open to modding. Though releasing tools would put us at the risk of unauthorized marketing and or illegal distribution of the software, and disclaimers would have to be written and extra time and money would need to be devoted – time and money that neither Avalanche or Square Enix is willing to spend.

We love to keep a close eye on our community to see what’s up, so never enter the mindset that Avalanche has turned a blind eye on the modding community.

Happy modding,

–fsxskymaster [Michäel] (Junior AI Programer – CM Department, Avalanche-Stockholm)

Thanks for this! I’m sure this is very informative to the modding community! ^^

Glad to see an Avalanche person interacting with the community – finally! :D

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

@fsxskymaster – Hej min vän

Great to hear from you – albeit in a somewhat official sounding note! ;)
      Appreciate the update. Best of luck!

mandella644 wrote:

Quote:
      Thanks for this! I’m sure this is very informative to the modding community! ^^
      Glad to see an Avalanche person interacting with the community – finally! :D

@mandella664 – Agreed. The extra cool thing is he was a JC2 Forum member FIRST, before joining Avalanche. ;)

NO! Bad voxbox! Somebody wasn’t here from the beginning! Mycoldman was the first to interact directly like fsx did here, but he leaked some special info and screens of vehicle models! He was AWESOME, and LOVED by the ORIGIONAL Just Cause community in ’09!!

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

mandella644 wrote:

Quote:
      NO! Bad voxbox! Somebody wasn’t here from the beginning! Mycoldman was the first to interact directly like fsx did here, but he leaked some special info and screens of vehicle models! He was AWESOME, and LOVED by the ORIGIONAL Just Cause community in ’09!!

LOL – You misread what I wrote. All I said was fsx was a member here before he joined Avalanche. That’s all.

As you mention – Mike Oldman and his work as community manager, and his excellent podcasts, surely go back a long way. He’s a cool dude.

BTW – Did you happen to hear a particularly good interview with him promoting the then upcoming JC2 on the Digital Cowboys podcast?

But voxbox – “The extra cool thing is he was a JC2 Forum member FIRST, before joining Avalanche”

You didn’t say JC2 MODS forum member, you said JC2 forum member. Lol.

Anyway, I believe I caught that interview. It was a few years ago, maybe even in late ’09, if not early ’10. I still remember my pre-order coming in the mail, installing it, and playing it for 48 hours strait the first day! xD

Now Just Cause 2 Multiplayer has revived my interest in JC2, though I never really did stop playing during the 2 long years. :P

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.