Need help with missing mod file

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Need help with missing mod file

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alocrius

I as a noob modder made a few mods some time ago and recently started picking at them again. I have forgotten most of what i knew. I wanted to upload my best work a mod called Apocalypse Hedge. Apparently it is crashing for other people likely due to a missing file. It of course works fine for me. I took everything out of dropzone except my file and it still works so I believe it is the archives, such as the .tab or .arc files that got changed but I really don’t know how to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions? I’ll add the file here. Not sure adding a file here is gonna work as the add file is blank after I’ve selected location. The file is under vehicle mods on the first page.

Disco619
      Participant

I can’t help you but this link is for the person who can help you! Link to your MOD! :P

LINK>> http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/Vehicles/Cars/Blaine-Sugga-Overpowered-but-Realistic/

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

Hi Alocrius – Just a quick suggestion re: your question about whether your .arc & .tab files may have been changed.

Go to Steam –> Library –> Right click on your game –> Properties –> Local Files Tab –>
      Verify Integrity of Game Cache

That will “repair” any compromised files.

Then, go here for a refresher on modding JC2
      Orientation – A Roadmap to Modding
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum/19-tutorials/18707-orientation-a-roadmap-to-modding.html#18707

Alocrius

Ok, I think i have a more specific question. When I was modding I think I made a folder in the main game directory called archives_win32. That has the hedge wildchild orig file in it I believe. I think i altered that file with my mod so I need to include that file in my mod but I don’t know how to identify the specific file anymore. They are the .tab and .arc files..

You altered one of the original game files? Or did you make your own set of arc/tab files? Remember, the pc0,pc1,pc2,pc3, and pc4 arc/tab files are the original game files.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.