More than one file for different mods

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Help More than one file for different mods

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven

Just thought I’d make this short and sweet: I recently installed the blackmarket mod on this site with the included pictures. After installing that, I later decided to install the enhanced C4 mod. But the problem is that both have weapon.bin files. So how exactly do I make them both work? I doubt renaming would do the trick. Will I have to somehow merge them together or is there another way?

magmus

I reckon there is a piece of script inside the weapon.bin in the enhanced c4 mod you can copy over in to the blackmarket weapon.bin. I have no idea.

Steven

Edit: Nevermind. Got it.

khewit

How did you do it?

edit: nevermind, got it

Steven

Incase anyone else is wondering I just used Gibbed’s bin2xml converter and then edited the XML in Adobe Dreamweaver where I took snippets of both of the XMLs (grappling and c4 mod) and pasted the changed parts into one and then used xml2bin to convert back and put it in the dropzone folder.

Rozzatron

Why dreamweaver? Why not notepad like everyone else?

Tom

Because Dreamweaver is, IMO, easier to use and it automatically opens when I open an XML file

Steven

OwnedTom wrote:

Quote:
      Because Dreamweaver is, IMO, easier to use and it automatically opens when I open an XML file

Precisely this.

It’s just easier to use and has more functions which makes it easier to work with.

And, yeah, it just automatically opened when I opened the XML so I ran with that.

FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS FURTHER HELP
      I extracted weapons.bin using fox’ tutorial. I then used Gibbed’s bin2xml by dragging the bin onto the converter. Then once the XML was created I edited it in Adobe Dreamweaver (Notepad/Wordpad/Word will be fine). I found

Code:
      CTriggeredExplosive

by searching for a few different strings like “sticky”, “c4”, “trigger”, and such. I then scrolled down a bit to find the explosives’ values, and copy/pasted this code into the other weapons.bin from the grappling hook mod:

Code:

Once I pasted that over the code that was in the unedited grappling hook weapons.bin file, I saved it and then used the xml2bin converter and put it in my dropzone folder. Both mods work together like a charm.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.