• Author
      1_dylan
      Participant

I was looking through the heatspawn.bin and found

Code:
      __heatspawn_custom1
      __heatspawn_custom2
      __heatspawn_custom3

I was just wandering if I could use those to make new factions.

I have tried but I couldn’t find anyone (I modded enemytypespawnsettings.bin to give them a skin and factions.bin to make them passive also gave them a car using the code). Could anyone help?

AmauryRR
      Participant

I was wondering the same myself before, never got to playing with it. I’m wondering how they found the hex address/id for the civilians in Crazy Civilian AI? Reason, they get explicitly setup in factions.bin and all other factions can respect their presence (hostile/friendly).

Now, what I’m wondering (tying into the original question) – is there a way to use the “other” factions in-game, the Japanese, Thugs, Blackhand, Factory Workers, etc.. Instead of trying to define new factions? Might require less work, and (maybe) lead to adding new ones entirely.

Another thought (atleast for the vehicles/heatspawn.bin) – as each unit_0# has a sub-object that defines the skin/palette colors, maybe also define the vehicle type (ut_type or whatever). Add more variety depending on the locale – that last one’s kinda off topic but the rest might be something to look at.

1_dylan
      Participant

The Thugs, Black Hand, Factory Workers and Japanese Military are the Military. Or so how I see it in enemytypespawnsettings.bin. So I can’t use those.

I’m not defining a new faction, I’m using the ‘custom factions’ already in the files.

AmauryRR
      Participant

True, Thugs/Workers/Japanese count as enemies – but I don’t think they get treated like the military normally. As in, they don’t have heat waves. Then again, those were tests where I added them to Salad Island – so I’ll go back to Lost/Hantau and see if the results are the same. Adding the government to the island did trigger heat waves as normal, so I thought it had to do with general factions.

I’m thinking of a way to use the custom_factions to spawn the other existing “sub-faction” types. I’ll poke around and see what I can find, might have some time to test some things out tonight.

1_dylan
      Participant

Yeah, the Japanese/Thugs don’t have heat waves. The Black Hand yes, and I’m not sure about the Factory Workers, I think they do. I have some freetime today so I’ll keep experimenting.

Oh, remember my Rebel Citizens thread. I want this to be citizens these custom factions to be citizens.

Are the factions listed in any files anywhere else in the archives besides enemytypespawnsettings, heatspawn and factions.bin?

1_dylan
      Participant

Any help?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.