Model editing

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials Model editing

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Jusupov

All of this is now old since there will shortly be a tool to do it for you, see screebs post

fox

nice tut.

FRX

It s a little more hazardous, but it s also possible to edit other model than the Rico one.

I used different method to locate and add parts.
      Your tuto and gibbed model viewer will give me other ways to do it.

Thanks !

Ex0R
      Quote:
      The model viewer is a new addition to gibbeds tools and you have to compile it yourself for now. It needs XNA which doesnt work with visual studio 2010 soooooooo.

Could you please upload the file, exe whatever ?

The Model Viewer as far as i know had nobody uploaded on this site yet soooooo..

Jusupov

Ex0R wrote:

Quote:
      Quote:
      The model viewer is a new addition to gibbeds tools and you have to compile it yourself for now. It needs XNA which doesnt work with visual studio 2010 soooooooo.

Could you please upload the file, exe whatever ?

The Model Viewer as far as i know had nobody uploaded on this site yet soooooo..

I only have an older one, hope someone else has one compiled from the latest trunk.

ole716
      Aaron

My model viewer does’nt work :( says : model viewer has stoped working

ole716
      Aaron

Thank you
      !!!! :)

Daniel

ummm…..im very new so i need some help, i cant find the files: exportedcdollmc09_razman.ee for the glasses
      exportedcdollpd_reaperselite1.ee for the ammo belt…..can some one tell me how to get this? i cant find it in the archive thingy ):

FRX

Wizbomb wrote:

Quote:
      ummm…..im very new so i need some help, i cant find the files: exportedcdollmc09_razman.ee for the glasses
      exportedcdollpd_reaperselite1.ee for the ammo belt…..can some one tell me how to get this? i cant find it in the archive thingy ):

Use Gibbed.avalanche.archive.viewer to open pc0.tab of the archives_win 32 directory

Browse to Known – exported – cdoll

Right clic on the file .eez and save it somewhere

Drag the file.eez you just saved on Gibbed.Avalanche.SmallUnpack

That will extract all useful files in a directory with the same name of the file.eez

.dds are textures .rbm the models

But if you want a specific part of the model you have to isolate it in a hexa editor

Use gibbed.avalanche.modelviewer to render a model and view its parts

Screeb

Just a heads up for anyone trying to do this – I’ve successfully added the ability to save models with Gibbed’s model viewer. This means that you can merge model parts like this 100% in the editor, no hex editing required. I’m still waiting to hear back from him, but it shouldn’t be long until this feature is released.

Paul

Screeb wrote:

Quote:
      Just a heads up for anyone trying to do this – I’ve successfully added the ability to save models with Gibbed’s model viewer. This means that you can merge model parts like this 100% in the editor, no hex editing required. I’m still waiting to hear back from him, but it shouldn’t be long until this feature is released.

Was this released? Where can I get it?

skater

I have a problem … when I launch all the RBM files (5 files ) with textures in the same folder and I decided what part I want so I create a man but how save after ???

ps : sorry for my bad english Gibbed_2010_07_25_11_46_24_12.jpg

mibsam

YAAA Whre can i Get it!!!!

ac1997

could you make a tut on model editing ? a GOOD one ? thx ;)

Paul
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.