Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums News Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod

This topic contains 79 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  8thor8 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Rozzatron

It seems now, the people of SA:MP team are going to make a special JC2 Multiplayer!

http://www.JC2-MP.com

magmus

Rozzatron wrote:

Quote:
    It seems the brilliant modders at MODMYWHAT.com are working on the most hoped-for addition to Just Cause 2.

http://www.jc2mp.com/
    :cheer:

Reminds me of the amazing GTA: VC AND GTA: SA multiplayer mods.

Steven

YES! SA:MP is going to eat dirt after this.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

BIG news guna front page this one!

fox

wow! this is very exciting stuff.

H1Vltg3

Guys, I asked Gunner on MMW this yesterday:

“Gunner, are you planning on doing anything with jc2mp.com? What about a Just Cause 2 mod site? JustCause2Mods.com is up now and I have a few mods uploaded already. Sure would like to see what you could put together for one on the new system.”

and he said:

“just cause 2 wont have much mods so probably aint worth it. Donate 12 euros and ill set it up tho.”

You may wanna take this off the news as I believe he just got the domain cause he could.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

o well that sucks, ill leave the news item since its there now.

anyways theres no reason why jc2 can’t be as moddable as san andreas for example. i know its not as easy as oblivion and crysis.

but even without offical sdk’s this game has potential.

Julien

Wow! I’ve been following a similar mod for GTAIV called IV:MP
    This has me very excited, and all i can say to the modders is take your time, and good luck!

Tom

Wow… A mp mod would’ve been epic

Rahul Bansal

it would be awesome 👿

Scorpion

Don’t get your hopes too high for this, that’s all I can say at this point

Mike

They would have to figure out a way to allow multiple people to jump onto the same car,plane,boat etc.

So you guys think this will happen? I have my doubts :)

nicolas

I think, as long as the jc2 community is alive long enough, a JC2-MP will eventually be created. BTW dunno at what state Gunner what when he replyd to H1vlvg3, but after reading through logs, i see that they are in fact working on a MP.

check logs: http://pastebin.org/140161

Noah

This thing HAS to happen. Simple as that :woohoo:

curtis

I REALLY dought a MP mod will happen… there are sooo many things to think about.. like mulit people on a vehicle, multi grapples and drawing multiple areas of panau at the same time….

I would LOVE one though :woohoo:

Brendan

I believe that it is possible. i mean i mostly hope that it will happen. but just look at the SA MP. they were able to do that, we just need to keep the community alive long enough for them to finish working on it.

Julien

wouldn’t the rendering or drawing of each players version of panau be client-side? I’m sure there would be someway to work it out, and the game seems to be able to have multiple grapples (using the bolo mod)

what worries me is that the architecture of the game seems to completely lack any sort of multilayer aspect, whereas San Andreas at least had that 2 player co-op thing to build on… but i wouldn’t know, as im not a programmer or anything :P

curtis

yeah it would be possible, just require A HUGE effort form more than one person…

And no offence but i think GTA:SA was a higher budget release at the time…

If a multi-player mod does happen It will need to use the mercs 2 leash system.. or else I do not see how this will work

Rozzatron

Is a leash system when you cannot get too far apart from the other player or is that something else completely?

In GTA SA Multiplayer, there were never any NPCs, so rendering two parts of Panau wouldn’t be a problem.

And more than one person in a car is already sorted. A while ago, I climbed into a car from the passenger side, at the same time, a military soldier climbed in the driver seat. Rico stayed in the passenger seat.

Multi grapples, I don’t know about that one, it’s definitely possible, look at Bionic Commando.

nixolas1 wrote:

Quote:
    I think, as long as the jc2 community is alive long enough, a JC2-MP will eventually be created. BTW dunno at what state Gunner what when he replyd to H1vlvg3, but after reading through logs, i see that they are in fact working on a MP.

check logs: http://pastebin.org/140161

prolly drunk and high on christmass carols…:blink: again…

Rozzatron

Well, multi grapple is possible anyway

Tom

I can’t wait for this. There could be like a faction war mode.

What would be cool is a wrench type of grapple. Where you can tighten/ loosen the grapple on command…. Slowly lower a car off a bridge or make a crane :D

Tom

StaplerPirate wrote:

Quote:
    What would be cool is a wrench type of grapple. Where you can tighten/ loosen the grapple on command…. Slowly lower a car off a bridge or make a crane :D

That would look funny :D

Could open the way for forts aswell :D have a draw bridge

Aaron

Well lets hope this will be as good as it says it does ;)

Julien

At least its very likely that there will be Just Cause 3, and that it will have multiplayer. If no multiplayer mod does come out for this, theres always IV:MP

http://iv-multiplayer.com/

nicolas

hello again, it seems something jc2mp betaish will be released next months!

(1:33:26 PM) Ray`linux:

(1:33:26 PM) Ray`linux: JUST CAUSE 2 MP V0.1 ALPHA STARTED
    (1:33:26 PM) Ray`linux:

(1:33:26 PM) Ray`linux: [HOOK] d3d10.dll loaded

Something Gunner sent me:
    http://files.uploadffs.com/a/4/5bff4b0f/jc2mp.exe

use on your own risk, its not working, needs jc2mp.dll

if your into hacking:
    http://files.uploadffs.com/a/e/bf5beaf0/jc2.html

Erik

How long it takes for its ready? :huh:

Golfman560

YES! Time to figure out how they’re hooking in the code so I can do crazy stuff to the game

so…. is this going to work or not?

4thacauze10

holy mofo’s look at this

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

ok just me…right now i allow swearing..

HOLY FUCK THIS BETTER BE REAL – SA:MP PWNS!! AND SO WILL THIS!!

børni

This is going to be awesome, awesome to the max!!:cheese:

virginia

this is so bad arse ^_^

curtis

Nice, i just got back form a week on holiday, so have missed all the news 👿 anyway LOOKS AWSOME, lets hope it is not fake, e.g he has set a ai path for the car and it is drining along a route…

Anonymous

The other car is stuttering a bit, which means lag, which means it’s not AI.

Ryan

I already made my own Just Cause 2 Multiplayer client, if the dev could contact me I
    d help them :P

Pridit
    Participant

I’m so pleased that the SA-MP team will be taking this up, they did an absolutely fantastic job on SA-MP I was with them nearly all the way, they’ve seemed to make quite some progress already with the JC2 multiplayer so I’m looking forward to what they contribute and so should we all.

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

also now that this site has a awesome server (most of it is empty and unused) you bettter belive that justcause2mods will have its on game server for all you guys to connect to.

:D and ill make sure its the best server out there.

Jackson

Cant wait for this, judging by the video they provided, NPCs dont work yet so it would just be a massive island to yourself and friends. if atleast enemies work in the full release, that would be awesome. ;D

ohmahgawd dis is intense awesome :):ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

ashton

cant wait until multi player mod is out:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :ohmy: :ohmy: :cheer: :cheer: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tony

I really do think its a good idea but i never like the people on there i once went on a server
    on gta sa:mp and killed an admin and they banned me :(

Alex

I’m extremely impressed by how quick this is developing and also quite excited because this will be one of my favorite games if I can play on LAN!

This is sooooooooo sooooooooo soooooooo awesome . better brush up on my shooting skills .:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Yol Morefi

Pridit
    Participant

Vilam wrote:

Uploaded only an hour ago!

Thanks a lot for this Vilam, very quick to spot it.

thenat

hello, when mod Multiplayer will be tested for people ? some like Beta-test ?
    ow i almost forget, how many players can be in game ?? 3, 5, 32, 64 ?

Pridit
    Participant

It’s only early stages nat, nothing has been confirmed yet. The only thing I think they’ve completed so far is the vehicle sync so it’ll be quite awhile before there’s a full playable multiplayer modification released.

Yol Morefi

The JC2MP dev said they only give the multiplayer to the user of the steam version :

Question :
    “guiguidu067 does it work with steam ? or is it a brain new things to be connected with other player ?”

Answer :
    “#jc2mpdev (outil de mise en ligne) @guiguidu067 We only intend on supporting the steam version of the game, we have no intentions of supporting those who don’t support the developers.”

And I also found this but I don’t understant how to dl, but I think it’s a fake…
    http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=638709#

thenat

so when mod it’s done (i thinkthe mod will be realesed for 3 months), the game will be cheap at almost half ( i think 50-60% ), so it will be very good to buy an original game :)

Yol Morefi

But if we buy the game IRL, will it be steam ?

Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

yes it will be on steam, steam is great cos you own the game once u register with it, and can digitaly download it anytime anyplace, e.g 50 years from now in russia or something you could login to steam and download just cause again.

Maffin

Pridit wrote:

Quote:
    I’m so pleased that the SA-MP team will be taking this up, they did an absolutely fantastic job on SA-MP I was with them nearly all the way, they’ve seemed to make quite some progress already with the JC2 multiplayer so I’m looking forward to what they contribute and so should we all.

lol hi Pridit it’s me Chuckles xD

Yol Morefi

I know what is steam don’t worry^^

And can the steam version use mod like the dropzone folder ?

Brian

Guys, this mod isn’t related to the domain owned by modmywhat, just check their youtube profile’s aditional notes:

Quote:
    The domain JC2MP.com is not related to this modification, and the team behind the above domain / project is not affiliated with us in anyway.

Our modification ( JC2-MP ) is only for the PC version of Just Cause 2 and will only support the legitimate version of the game. We have no intention of supporting those who wont support the games developers.

Rozzatron

So it seems the people behind the modmywhat domain are probably not going to be making a multiplayer mod.

Steven

WOW I take a week break from all this Just Cause 2 stuff and the guy makes 3 more videos. God it looks amazing. Can’t wait to see more progress!

Brian

Rozzatron wrote:

Quote:
    So it seems the people behind the modmywhat domain are probably not going to be making a multiplayer mod.

They may in the future, but it sure isn’t this one.

Msk

It seems now, the people of SA:MP team are going to make a special JC2 Multiplayer!

Brian

Msk wrote:

Quote:

Lol.

Matt Haugh

Well one things for sure if the people who made SA:MP cant do it, no one can. SA:MP loaded the whole San Andreas map, with a slight visual downgrade, with a max of 500 people, cars are a pain in the ass to find though. But have the parachute now :cheese:

Rodrigo

what’s the mod status right now? D:

joshua

This is great!

olly

Taken from the news section at
    http://www.justcause.com/?page=articles/view&AID=21460

Community Spotlight – JC2-MP Team

21 May 2010 – 08.41am
    Trix and Jax tell us all about their JC2 multiplayer mod
    Hi guys, Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. First of all, can I get you to tell us a little bit about yourselves, your background in the mod scene and why you’re relevant to the Just Cause 2 community?

Trix:

I started my interest in sandbox games way back with GTA 3: Liberty City, which led on to GTA: Vice City and then GTA: San Andreas. Naturally, I was interested in how the games were able to be manipulated and found myself contributing a small amount to the sa-mp project. When Just Cause 2 was released, it was like being taken back to one of the GTA franchise and how open the world was to the players imagination.

Jax:

I started out with sandbox games playing GTA3, but didn’t actually start modding till GTA: Vice City, I started out by ripping apart the mission scripts and recoding them to make the game behave differently and took a keen interest in game modding from that point on. Over the last 5-6 years ( on and off ) I’ve had the privilege of working with Kye from the SA-MP project, firstly on VC-MP, then onto SA-MP.

What was it that drew you to Just Cause 2 and begin working on a multiplayer modification for the game?

Well, from the first moment we tried out the demo we pretty much knew we had to make multiplayer for this game, the great sense of freedom and the sheer size of the world, yet the level of detail crafted into every nook and cranny just made it something we had to do. That, and envisioning players driving around in packs with cannons mounted to whichever vehicle.

It sounds like an enormous amount of work, are you able to tell us where you are with the project currently?

Currently, the project is undergoing a re-write from the ground up based on the findings from the proof-of-concept videos we released recently. Once we have the fundamentals set in stone, work will continue on expanding the Vehicle/Player sync to an acceptable standard.

Eep! What have been the biggest challenges in making this work?

Familiarising ourselves with the engine has been rather time consuming, which involved a lot of sleepless nights and time. However, the end result of that work makes up for the time spent.

There’s been a lot of skepticism about the mod, have you anything you want to say to non-believers?

Doubt all they like, but soon enough, we’ll be gunning them down from improvised Bering [See Appendix A] gun-ships.

Have you created any other mods for Just Cause 2, or are you focused solely on multiplayer?

Initially it started out as a vehicle spawner, however that’s what led us onto the multi-player ambition.

Are we likely to see anything else from the team in the future?

Maybe.

Where can we find out more about the mod and its progress? Is there a website we should all be pointing our browsers to?

We have a highly trained monkey coding our website at the moment and if i might add it is looking quite nice. Currently http://jc2-mp.com points to our YouTube channel, however it will be redirected to the website when the design is finished.

We’ve currently also tried to keep information as easy to find and follow by:

YouTube: http://youtube.com/jc2mpdev

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jc2mpdev

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JC2-MP

Thanks guys, we look forward to seeing the final project!

fox

Deleted a fake addon in the directory by:
    justcause2

Ranjith

This is awesome

i am a san andereas multiplayer addict specially to various servers such as gamerx

this will be good if we forum guys make our own server such as party server over there :woohoo:

Yol Morefi

Yes, a party server with many mile high clubs driveable :DDDD

Jürgen

I played one year sa:mp (my name was nvidia, the newer [jS]nvidia) and the servers where i was hanging out normaly are closed and so i dont play it. if the sync and the other stuff would be like in samp, it is awesome, and if you would make a server, then there is here a new group for me. but i think mods would be disabled or the game crashes with mods if you play the mp, because not all have the same mods. i hope it gets disabled, that would be easy. maybe mods are not disabled if they REPLACE existing cars/weapons. however, im looking forward to this!

p.s: i think here are some people from gamerx or maybe jServersn you can contact me if you know me!

Mr. Blahson

A moving Mile High Club would be epic! But it will not be possible because it interferes with the map, even if you do get it to start moving. Unless there was a way to remove it from the map, then there would be no problem.

Voide

Maybe there will be MP but i prefer Going Bolo and Solo, Unless its really polished and not glitchy and have servers where your constantly dropped not to mention the frame rate hit you will take from another 99 ricos roping and exploding left right and center.

A co-op mod would be awesome tho imo.

:police:

RAV

Nice work, this mod will have BIG future;)

sheep

Tycholarfero wrote:

Quote:
    A moving Mile High Club would be epic! But it will not be possible because it interferes with the map, even if you do get it to start moving. Unless there was a way to remove it from the map, then there would be no problem.

OR, you could just make a mile high club vehicle that you can drive!! that would be super epic! maybe make it drive like a helicopter.

okay , on topic.

hope they release the mp mod soon!

drenlord

i wait for first release :D

Aaron

And when will we be expecting this ? its takeing a while now and this site is hardly active anymore :(

8thor8

D.O.M.I.N.A.T.O.R wrote:

Quote:
    And when will we be expecting this ? its takeing a while now and this site is hardly active anymore :(

they just give up or something?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.