JUST CAUSE 2 LIMBO MOD

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Modifications JUST CAUSE 2 LIMBO MOD

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, Limbo Mod V2 is finished.

Here is a little changelog:

-edited the athmosphere settings and some gradientsetc.

-edited textures which fits better to the theme

-edited all the weapons

-edited some effects

-created an blackmarket mod

-created new weapon names

-edited the tree/bush/grass/rock spawns

-edited grass height and types

-you can use the bubble gun as a flashlight now

BUGS

-vehicle lights wont work when its day in the normal game

Cool. If I were you I’d get rid of the gun mods you integrated into the mod, as they’re really irrelevant to the limbo theme. Cool mod nonetheless! :D

yeah the weapons hadnt anything to do with limbo , i am working on weapons which works with the theme :)

EDIT : The real problem is that there arent any weapons in limbo.. i think i will add more electric weapons or something

i had already had some fun with that:

Awesome.

What’s planned for the updated version?

CoconutFred wrote:
      Awesome.

What’s planned for the updated version?

i am trying to smooth lights, make a flashlight or something, edit every weapon, fix bugs, edit vehicles, im also editing the police(they are all having laser aim :D)… you see this is really much :D

do you have some wishes what have to be in the mod?

(and sry for my bad english, i am german :D)

Please release a seperate mod from your limbo mod that gives the police laser lights!

mandella644 wrote:
      Please release a seperate mod from your limbo mod that gives the police laser lights!

im still working on that… we will see :)

Progress?

CoconutFred wrote:
      Progress?

Yeah Version 2 is finished :)

Exactly how does the bubble gun flashlight work?

CoconutFred wrote:
      Exactly how does the bubble gun flashlight work?

I replacedl the normal fireeffect with an light effect i surprisingly found. it just makes a circle of light around the player

Screens? :cheese:

Disco619
      Participant

Im gonna give you some advice, some might me stupid and some could be helpful! ;)

1) I don’t know if its possible but can you put some type of slender man in the game? :ohmy:
      -If you dont know what slender man is then download this small game (http://slendergame.com/download.php)

2) I don’t know if this is even possible but you can make something HUGE far away floating in the sky, looks scary and when you go near it using plane or something it disappears! (Happens only at night)

3) Creepy sounds after some time, like snake/spider/ghost etc.

4) Remove some trees because the forest in JC2 is too much! After removing some trees if possible then make the left over trees Thick and Big.

5) When we are in water, there could be something BIG swimming fast and far away, that would be scary too. :ohmy:

6) When we are walking around a spot light comes over us and goes away. That would confuse the player! :P

NOTE: I don’t know if any one of the things is possible using Mods so if they are not it Doesn’t matter! I’m just helping you win the competition.

BEST OF LUCK! ;)

Ok

1)POSSIBLE. I can make a slenderman skin for any peds and edit the spawn rate..

2)MAYBE POSSIBLE. I have to work a bit more on the sky effects maybe i will find a way to do that

3)IMPOSSIBLE. No way to edit sounds yet :/

4)POSSIBLE. Shouldnt be a problem to do this

5)POSSIBLE. Really easy i can edit the “size” value in the creatures.bin

6)IMPOSSIBLE. Really, there is no way to do this. It was hard enough to find this light effect for the bubble gun

Thx for your feedback, these are some great ideas:) I will release an update AFTER the competition ( i cant update while its running)

BTW i know slenderman and i had some really scary hour with it ;)
      (sry for my bad english)

Can’t wait to play your mod shadow!

Disco619
      Participant

Hey man, i played your mod and there is some problem in it. If you don’t fix it then you will not get good ratings at all! :pinch: First of all, the flashlight works good but you can’t see where you are going! :huh: You could make everything less black, i mean the mountains and places really really far should be this black but the places near us (1km in every direction) should not be black because whenever i am using parachute to go to places i dont know where i am going or if i am driving even then i can’t see where i am going. Like i said places 1km in every direction need to be visible, places 2km should be less visible/less black and places everywhere else should be really black (full black)! This is a Big problem and if this doesn’t get fixed then there would be more BIG problem! I hope you fix this fast! I can’t play your Mod till you fix this problem!

Good Luck! :S

lol its the idea behind the mod that everything is black :DD and i cant upload a fix because it is impossible to fix this
      ( its a thing with the gamezone_gradients.dds file)

TIP: play the game without the mod until its night. then save the game, install the mod and start the game… this will turn your vehicle lights on :)

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      ShadowIMaker wrote:
      lol its the idea behind the mod that everything is black ….

lol :cheer:

ShadowIMaker wrote:
      TIP: play the game without the mod until its night. then save the game, install the mod and start the game… this will turn your vehicle lights on :)

Excellent tip!

ShadowIMaker wrote:
      lol its the idea behind the mod that everything is black :DD and i cant upload a fix because it is impossible to fix this
      ( its a thing with the gamezone_gradients.dds file)

Gonna pretend that there’s a periodic anomaly that consumes all light every 12 hours. More RP-like that way. :cheese:

Also, 54 MB ARC file? Damn!

EDIT: Judging from the comments on your mod page, I don’t think people really understand how your mod works. :P

Disco619
      Participant

I think the problem is with me because other players are lovin it and according to the screenshots the game look beautiful but my game is nothing like that! I still vote for you in the competition!

After the competition ends can you update the mod more? An additional file that makes everything less black than it is now, so people would play the one they like!

Good Luck! ;)

Yup i can try to make an addititional mod:) but make sure that you have highest gamma and brightness settings this can help a bit

Lucifer_666_ wrote:
      I think the problem is with me because other players are lovin it and according to the screenshots the game look beautiful but my game is nothing like that! I still vote for you in the competition!

After the competition ends can you update the mod more? An additional file that makes everything less black than it is now, so people would play the one they like!

Good Luck! ;)

Go into the settings and set your brightness and gamma to 100%. :P

Disco619
      Participant
      CoconutFred wrote:
      Lucifer_666_ wrote:

Good Luck! ;)

Go into the settings and set your brightness and gamma to 100%. :P

I have gamma at 100%. Now i will make brightness 100%

DOes it work fine for you now ? :)

Disco619
      Participant

IDK! I dont play it now! Not much fun for me! :/

It actually seems better for me at the default gamma settings, 100% gamma and 100% brightness seems too bright for me. Anyways, some screens:

Spooky…

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576733781930753307/BF0FBE8F71C82FB63335BA598E35EBA95F811C2F/

…as long as the police aren’t after you…

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576733781930754095/C27CA22CBE706703C6C823B25C0676E954536B66/

Police reskins, could probably be made a bit scarier:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576733781930756481/00CA7E159D52E86FC4726363BD2DBFABCC54F6DA/

The flashlight is extremely essential in LIMBO mod, this is what the game looks like without it:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576733781930754852/A327676D38FBA6D2DC914492FCE5DC0BFB26BF19/

Flashlight on: (you only need to have it equipped, you don’t need to shoot it)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576733781930755723/D8082638D1D5B823932393E94DBF3AAF963928A8/

Overall I thought it was pretty cool, but the civilian spawns and police kind of killed the immersion for me. Looking forward to more of your mods!

Thanks CoconutFred :)

its no problem to decrease the police/civilian spawns, maybe i can create a slenderman skin or something else for a specific civilian and let him spawn a few times… i am also working on some fog and so on

bob

Question how did you get the minimap to be square.
      If i could be told what mod that is or how to do it
      Or if it is your mod.
      Mind releasing
      Thanks.

Steven Rod

not meant to harass though, but i think this is action game, not some kind of horror game, and why we mod a game to be a horror when there’s lot of em? am i right?
      PS* I’ve downloaded it, and it scares me enough, but my little brother was really scared and running away while crying, it makes up the scary part :cheer:

It cleanses the blood and the liver of toxins and supports the immune system.Now that he started so did others. discount lululemon WSJ’s Lee Hawkins speaks with Heard on the Street reporter John Jannarone about which company could most likely become as iconic as Nike.Start the class by sitting cross legged on the mat. lululemon locations This helps you to relax.In other words, the company stands to lose over $20 million in sales, all because a bunch of seethrough yoga pants.

People who suffer from asthma or PMS may find relief through yoga.Yogic techniques lululemon locations These stones have been used as an alternative healing therapy for thousands of years.The man who some believe was partly responsible for the demise of Kim and Kris Humphries’ marriage has spoken out, and what he has to say is somewhat surprising. lululemon locations While the company makes great products, has shown enormous growth and is financially very strong, the valuation has grown too quickly.Levels 1 to 4 begin expanding the threshold of your mind, gradually exploring the deepest states of Alpha.

This mod is one of the best mods on JC2 (I think), but my only problem is that everything is TOO DARK!!!
      Can you give it a bit light so I can see things around?
      Also, the flashlight is not working!

Hello, I have a request for you, even though it has been two years now, I am surprised no one has asked you for this. I highly doubt that you will reply, but could you please create separate a file for the Mini-map? It won’t be a surprise if you don’t reply, but if you do, thanks alot.

ducklife
      Participant

Thank for your writting! I have read through some of the same topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable posts like this or more to share with everyone!
      mapquest directions

marsonjmsmarsonjms
      Participant
      82925 wrote:

Ok, Limbo Mod V2 is finished.
      Here is a little changelog:
      -edited the athmosphere settings and some gradientsetc.
      -edited textures which fits better to the theme
      -edited all the weapons
      -edited some effects
      -created an blackmarket mod
      -created new weapon names
      -edited the tree/bush/grass/rock spawns
      -edited grass height and types
      -you can use the bubble gun as a flashlight now

BUGS

-vehicle lights wont work when its day in the normal game

Sorry, we don’t have any BUGS to you at the moment. just keep itself

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.