Jc2MP’s revival sparks interest here at Avalanche!

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums News Jc2MP’s revival sparks interest here at Avalanche!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Yesterday at Avalanche when I came to show off my out of office work, we all huddled around and watched JC2MP’s newest update video. I can’t even begin to describe how impressed we were at how far they have come with no dev tools or original source. I remember looking at their original code; it was raw script, probably some of the most difficult to write code I’ve ever seen. The guys in charge said that they aren’t going to shut the project down – as long as it remains non-profit! :D

Strelnikov
      Participant

Holy crap.

Skymaster you work for Avalanche?

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

fsxskymaster …do you work for avalanche!?

I do! I work there as sort of a paid internship for collage. It’s complicated, but it is a lot of fun!

AvalancheStudios.jpg

CapoCapo
      Participant

PLANTCORN IS GOING DOWN.

👿

Ferdi

Awesome!

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

fsxskymaster wrote:

Quote:
      I do! I work there as sort of a paid internship for collage. It’s complicated, but it is a lot of fun!

awesome lol do they know about our petition or not? :whistle:

Not at the moment, but change.org will probably notify Avalanche Studios’ community management department, and let me tell you, that site knows how to persuade a company to ‘make some changes!’ :)

Why not ask the administrators of jc-mp.com if they will post it as an announcement / homepage news? I’m sure you will get more votes faster!

Good luck!

-fsx

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

i doubt change.org will message them, its not their job too.
      Avalanche needs to first agree to a goal or how many signatures it will take for this to happen i have just put in a random number of 10,000 i have no idea if these votes will even count for anything right now. any you able to give the link to someone high up?

FSX, is this legit? Its been floating around for a month or so.

FSX, is this legit? Its been floating around for a month or so.

justcause3.png

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

to me that looks like microsoft flight simulator or similar…but i dunno someones just having fun with their imagination :)

Actually it looks a lot like the GTA IV engine to me, which was actually released a good 2 years before Just Cause 2. Plus, the screenshot showing the Bering from Just Cause 2 was done in midday, in totally different lighting than the alleged JC3 screenshot, so it’s not fair to make a comparison.

If that is JC3 then it’s not that big of an improvement imo.

Unrelated: Zenin’s back to save us all from the spammers! :cheer:

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.