JC2: SweetFX+ [Graphics Mod]

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Modifications JC2: SweetFX+ [Graphics Mod]

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      HRMNSKTR
      Participant
      abiZDGQt.jpg

SweetFX+ is an graphics mod for JC2, which has achieved by using SweetFX injector & some mods ;) . SweetFX is a universal image improvement and tweaking mod that works with almost any 32bit DirectX 9, 10, 11 games. its NOT my mods actually. i’ve just download some mods one-by-one and testing them ingame which is great-looking with my SweetFX config. so i take a looong time to selecting those mods and see the ingame result, tweaking config, again and again.

MOD CONTENTS

-Realistic sky & clouds
      -Realistic night stars
      -Improved lighting
      -SMAA Antialiasing
      -fakeHDR
      -HUGE colour improvement (BF3 like)
      -Some retextured roads & trees
      -New water FX
      -New lensflare
      -more soon…

Some W.I.P screenshots
      click image to enlarge
      abkrzagp.jpg abisxlkg.jpg abutdhxT.jpg abujJhRK.jpg aczSnYWz.jpg adjMSNGb.jpg abmD5zMK.jpg addC3oPi.jpg acb2CE2p.jpg adlCwVkD.jpg acoYc2qP.jpg aclTxBMM.jpg acmnf6gr.jpg acrreoB4.jpg acjWhXRf.jpgacpncTaX.jpg acx4now1.jpg adk50oLr.jpg adfu7U9r.jpg acbn9V7k.jpg

NOTE: Make sure your game hasn’t graphic-related mods (like sky color, clouds, water, ssao, etc). otherwise this mod will looks weird

seems like SweetFX doesn’t works on onboard Chipsets, but you can give it a try…

CoconutFred

Very BF3-esque, I like it! I loove the clouds.

This profile is a touch too… tame for me, though. I’ve got my own “cinematic” sweetfx profile with custom shaders though, it’s “a little” more saturated (read: crazy vibrance and HDR). Also FYI: I think Lumasharpen may be causing some aliasing!

I’ll keep an eye on this!

EDIT:

Did you make this video?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0vlKHiAHvI

That’s what inspired me to make a custom JC2 sweetfx profile!

Saleh

And where I can download this Graphic Mods, because they looks awesome

CoconutFred

You can download SweetFX 1.4 here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

HOWEVER, apu889 is using his own custom config. He hasn’t released that yet, so you won’t actually be getting what he has right now. You can try to make your own config to match his, though.

HRMNSKTR
      Participant

@CoconutFred – yeah that was my video, first try tweaking SweetFX on JC2. glad you like it

im preparing video for public release
      BTW, how to upload mod on this website? sorry its stupid question, but i can’t find “upload” button anywhere :S

EDIT. more screens:
      acn318l5.jpg abu7j4d4.jpg

CoconutFred

http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/func-addfile/

Click on the “Mods” tab, and go down to “Submit a file”.

BTW what camera mod are you using? Or just bolopatch to remove the crosshair?

HRMNSKTR
      Participant

thanks for that.

i’m just using this camera hack: https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php?topic=1004.0
      you’ll be able to freely move the camera & hide HUD. i also using this for filming my video

HRMNSKTR
      Participant

holy sh*t i cant upload the files on this site, i even have this “Although you may have attempted a file upload, no file was received.” for few times trying to upload my file. so, i’ve upload it on mediafire atm.

anyway:

maybe someone can helping me to re-upload from mediafire to this site pls? :)

mandella644

The file is too large. Upload it to a different site and when submitting the mod change the download link to a link to your file which has been uploaded to that other site. Alternatively, if you want your mod to show up on the home page, make the download itself be a .txt file with the link to your mod inside, which is what I have done for my Rico on Drugs mod, which can be see on the top of the homepage.

HRMNSKTR
      Participant
      mandella644

I can’t play now, my rig is bricked. Does this mod make JC2 look more realistic, in a way? Can’t tell by the vid or the screens. I’ve always thought a more realistic looking JC2 would be interesting to play.

CoconutFred

It desaturates it quite a bit. I wouldn’t say it makes JC2 more realistic, but it certainly stylizes it a lot like the Battlefield series. It does have a new skygradient though, which is nice.

The other end of the spectrum.

san andreas

here’s my contribution:

ACqeUmV.jpg
      rf2XP1W.jpg
      RXNWK2g.jpg

a matrix filter. i’m tired. enjoy

Owen

I find this mod increases the amount of pop-in (reduces draw distance?) for the environment. Anyway to fix that?

1_dylan
      Participant

It crashes Just Cause 2 :blink:

Clément

Same ! The game crashe. I thinks the steam-version was updated and do this.

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

hey dude, great mod!

here is the new link
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/SweetFX-Graphics-Mod/

you had a + in the mod title this breaks URL’s so it can’t be found. I fixed it for ya

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

also nice trailer, a good thing with GFX mods is to show a before and after, a bit tricky with video but easier to do with screenshots.

CoconutFred

If you’re on Windows 8 or 8.1, you’ll need to use a different version of the injector, as both the SweetFX v1.4 and 1.5 injectors are incompatible with 8.

You can download eFX injector and the SweetFX config files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8fbhc6q26nqx9c/SweetFX%2BeFX-Win8.1.rar

Then just download the config that Apu has made and copy+paste to the sweetfx_settings file included above. It won’t look exactly the same, as it’s using a different injector, but it should be close enough.

D Art

It seems to work but the Apu settings file is a mess for me – Very blue among other things.

edit: I tried again. I’m not sure why it was so blue initially. The color balance is better now. But it is still very desaturated.

CoconutFred

Does it look like the screenshots? After all, apu did say it was supposed to be desaturated.

D Art

A bit hard to tell from 2 screenshots. I upped the saturation to neutral. It has beautiful water shots, take a helicopter out over the ocean, it is nice. Seems sharp compared to standard almost as if a film has been peeled off. But there is something odd with the contrast. Compared to standard, shadows are often so dark you lose any detail and lighted area seem over bright. I really no nothing about tweaking textures. lua programming is more my forte.

CoconutFred

The sharpening would be SweetFX LumaSharpen working its magic.

As for the shadows, you might want to look in your SweetFX_settings.txt and tweak the curves or levels around a bit. The config file has lots of comments and is really easy to follow.

HRMNSKTR
      Participant

Hello guys, been busy with my college :S

Morghat wrote:
      Same ! The game crashe. I thinks the steam-version was updated and do this.

i am not sure if this mod works on Steam version, are you using Physx?

Zenin wrote:
      hey dude, great mod!

here is the new link
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/SweetFX-Graphics-Mod/

you had a + in the mod title this breaks URL’s so it can’t be found. I fixed it for ya

thanks so much mate, i appreciate that :)

CoconutFred wrote:
      If you’re on Windows 8 or 8.1, you’ll need to use a different version of the injector, as both the SweetFX v1.4 and 1.5 injectors are incompatible with 8.

mine using Windows 8 x64, works without problems

Nuor wrote:
      A bit hard to tell from 2 screenshots. I upped the saturation to neutral. It has beautiful water shots, take a helicopter out over the ocean, it is nice. Seems sharp compared to standard almost as if a film has been peeled off. But there is something odd with the contrast. Compared to standard, shadows are often so dark you lose any detail and lighted area seem over bright. I really no nothing about tweaking textures. lua programming is more my forte.

yeah i’ve gain so much contrast, i like less-saturated with strong colours just like Battlefield series. maybe later i’m gonna make another version of this mod, with different variations ofcourse :)

CoconutFred

Oh yeah, sorry about that last post. I meant Windows 8.1 only.

Also, the steam version is the only version of Just Cause 2.

1_dylan
      Participant
      CoconutFred wrote:

You can download eFX injector and the SweetFX config files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8fbhc6q26nqx9c/SweetFX%2BeFX-Win8.1.rar

Then just download the config that Apu has made and copy+paste to the sweetfx_settings file included above. It won’t look exactly the same, as it’s using a different injector, but it should be close enough.

That explains a lot. I do think it’s a cool mod and it looks a TONNE better from the normal JC2 from what I see in the screenshots. I’m running 8.1 on my rig ONLY because it has better optimization for AMD CPUs. I have a AMD FX-8320, 8 Core.

arc8381

did what u said but still error shows up

Kyle

Another mod that stole my lens flare -_-

CoconutFred

Did you actually download it and see if the lens flare image was the same as yours?

If so, tell Apu to credit you in the OP!

HRMNSKTR
      Participant

hello folks, been a while. or years.
      So, i came back in modding since i got sooo bored lately, too busy with life, need a rest and lemons.
      Now with my new laptop, still i can’t figure out why SweetFX neither ReShade doesn’t work with Just Cause 2. I guess it was OS-related, which mine is Windows 10. Gonna find the other way. I tried to seek around the game files, found some files that control the whole visual thingy (like Post Effects, Fog, Clouds, Colorcorrections, Bloom, etc) and thats made my curiousity level to the Mt Everest peak. And now without SweetFX or any post-processing injector, this is what i get so far:

more infos soon.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.