installing skin mods!!??!!!11!?!1?!

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Help installing skin mods!!??!!!11!?!1?!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Rev

he all im new here and i have a rather large problem:

so ive made the dropzone file downloaded some mods (bolopach thingie, and the one to increase your grapple speed and range) and they work fine! the thing is that my skin mods are not working I drag them in the dropzone file then i lunch the game and there rico is just plain old rico NOT ninja rico and NOT SAS rico just plain old agency rico!!!!!

pls help me!

oh and btw. having multiple skins in the dropZ. folder is not the problem i deleat the 1 skin when i download the other.

Pridit
      Participant

You’re probably launching the game as an administrator, try not launching it as an admin and see if that works.

Rev

Meester.noob here so how do i do zat?

Pridit
      Participant

Well, right-click the Just Cause 2 exe located in the main Just Cause 2 folder directory, click “properties” in the drop-down menu, go to the “compatability” tab and make sure “Run this program as an administrator” is unticked in the box beside it and then click “apply” and close the box.

If you don’t have that option then what OS are you using?

Rev

im using vista home P.

or im not reading what you posted right 0.o

FRX

For the Ninja (if it s the Gibbed one) the files must be placed in “archives_win32” folder with others .tab and .arc files

Pridit
      Participant

Try making a folder within your “dropzone” folder called whatever you want and then place all the skin files inside it, this seemed to work for me.

Rev

that doesn’t work ether…

Rev

and its a RAR file with an MS word icon 0.o

Pridit
      Participant

When you launch the game is there a promopt that sais that you need to allow the game to run or does the game just run without any prompt?

James

Hello, I’m semi-new to modding games but I’ve just one question.. Similar to the question already being asked.

I downloaded a skin mod to make rico look like The Punisher that i saw on the Eidos forums. Now i’m unsure where to put the downloaded folder.. For now it’s just in my base just cause 2 folder

Pridit
      Participant

Make a folder in your main Just Cause 2 directory and name it “dropzone” then place all the files of the skin into that specific folder and launch the game, Rico should now appear with that skin.

Rev

ya theres a prompt(from steam)

but it just says JC2 launching >.<

Rozzatron

Have you unpacked the RAR? If you have not extracted the files from the rar folder then it won’t work.

Pridit
      Participant

revilo247 wrote:

Quote:
      ya theres a prompt(from steam)

but it just says JC2 launching >.<

I mean a prompt from windows asking you to allow as an administrator or something of the like.

Rev

then no theres no prompt

@rozz-how exactly do you unpack these RAR files

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.