Increase the rate of Faction spawning?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Ideas Increase the rate of Faction spawning?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank

Hi there,

I’ve been playing around with the increased heat mod, which is a lot of fun when you throw on god mode and just keep blowing stuff up. But I do have a question…

Is it possible to increase the spawn rate of Factions? You know, the Reapers, Roaches, and Ular (sp?) Boys? I’d love to see more fights between the government troops and the factions.

Any ideas?

Hubert

Do you feel comfortable altering the file yourself?

Find the value “AFDC73EB” under “heatspawn_roaches, and the other two and lower it. That should make them respawn faster. I would do it but I feel they spawn enough.

curtis

Love the idea 😆 I would like to see a HUGE war going on between the faction’s, it would be epic!, you could also do some sort of base defense :silly:

Rozzatron

Along with the water level mod, you could have a base on each sky scraper

Hank

Prof_Farnsworth wrote:

Quote:
      Do you feel comfortable altering the file yourself?

Find the value “AFDC73EB” under “heatspawn_roaches, and the other two and lower it. That should make them respawn faster. I would do it but I feel they spawn enough.

Actually yes, I am comfortable editing it myself, only problem is I’m having a hard time actually finding the line “heatspawn_roaches” etc.

I took a look in my dropzone folder, which had the heatspawn bin file too it, but I can’t seem to open it. If I open it with notepad, I can find the different heatspawn values, but not the actual numbers. Just symbols.

Any ideas where I can go from here?

Hubert

are you using gibbed’s tools to convert the file? If you have it in notepad, just do a search:P .

Increased Faction spawns will be in the next “Can’t stop the police” update. After playing a while, I noticed the factions are no match for my increased police force, and get wailed on every time.

Hank

Prof_Farnsworth wrote:

Quote:
      are you using gibbed’s tools to convert the file? If you have it in notepad, just do a search:P .

Increased Faction spawns will be in the next “Can’t stop the police” update. After playing a while, I noticed the factions are no match for my increased police force, and get wailed on every time.

No, actually, I’m not. I had no idea about that, I’ll check it out right now.

I’m also playing on the Steam version of the game, if that makes a difference.

And that would be excellent :D be nice to have some larger battles going on between Factions and Police.

EDIT: Kind of having trouble figuring out where to get Gibbed’s tools from, so I think I’ll just wait until your mod is updated :)

Hank

Hey again,

I don’t mean to bump this and be annoying, but I’ve been trying to edit the file using Gibbed’s Tools. I’ve found heatspawn_roaches after extracting “heatspawn.bin” from the pc0.tab file, however here’s what the roaches heatspawn file shows me:

” ësܯ pBXEÛ €¿/¶«Ü ðA©¨³þ pB K}z __heatspawn_roachesŸÌ¬

So… yeah, I obviously can’t find that value you mentioned earlier. Am I doing this incorrectly? I’m opening the file that I extracted, which is heatspawn.bin, and opening it with notepad, which doesn’t give me any values, just a ton of random characters with a few legible words. Any ideas? Thanks.

magnus

you need to convert the bin to xml using bin2xml

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.