I Need Help Changing Gibbed’s Nija Model

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Help I Need Help Changing Gibbed’s Nija Model

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Allen

I have used his tools to extract the texture, but cant figure out how to use the texture after I have edited it.
      if any one is wondering i am trying to make it into a foot style ninja

Tmnt_wk23-11.jpg

Footninja.jpg

Rozzatron

If you have the texture files that end in .dif then you can open then with photoshop after intalling this plugin

Or you can open it with paint.net

And then save it to your dropzone folder after you have edited it.

Allen

i am talking about a model replacement it isnt as simple as the texture replacements for ricos normal model

Hubert

models are the .rbm – files … and f***, nothing to convert it :)
      or am I wrong?

Rozzatron

I think he means that he wants to replace the rico model and textures with the ninja ones. You may need to use gibbed’s ninja model replacer and then edit the textures of the ninja.

Hubert

ah, i see.

btw. where does gibbed got this model from. or is it a already existing model in JC2? :) never saw a ninja ingame :)

Allen

This is what I am trying to do, but when I extract the texture from x_gibbed_ninja.tab I dont know how to put it back in after I edit it

and the nija can be downloaded from here http://mod.gib.me/justcause2/retail/gibbed_ninja.zip , they are from one of the missions in the game

Rozzatron

After you have edited it save it in the dropzone folder and it should work.

Allen

when i do that i just end up with an invisible Rico

Rozzatron

awesome.

Allen

some one out there has to know how to repack arc files and generate tab files

curtis

um Gibbed must know

Anyway I am looking foward to this :cheer:

Allen

I would ask him but the dicks at the something awful forums banned me and i am not spending another $10 just to talk to him

Rozzatron

Technopath at facepunch will know

Allen

tying to check that site out i get The service is unavailable.

Jusupov

the game forms arc + tab files from everything that you have in dropzone when you run the game and you can copy those somewhere else if you alt-tab from the game. Model replacing is done with a hex editor.

Rick

I think I named the textures gibbed_ninja_dif.dds / gibbed_ninja_mpm.dds / gibbed_ninja_nrm.dds, could be wrong. Open the model in a hex editor and it should be there plain as day.

Allen

thx that helped alot

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.