I Need Help Changing Gibbed’s Nija Model
- April 7, 2010 at 8:28 am #79933
I have used his tools to extract the texture, but cant figure out how to use the texture after I have edited it.
if any one is wondering i am trying to make it into a foot style ninja
- April 7, 2010 at 10:15 am #84468
- April 7, 2010 at 10:24 am #84481
i am talking about a model replacement it isnt as simple as the texture replacements for ricos normal model
- April 7, 2010 at 10:42 am #84482HubertMember
models are the .rbm – files … and f***, nothing to convert it
or am I wrong?
- April 7, 2010 at 10:58 am #84483
I think he means that he wants to replace the rico model and textures with the ninja ones. You may need to use gibbed’s ninja model replacer and then edit the textures of the ninja.
- April 7, 2010 at 11:06 am #84484HubertMember
ah, i see.
btw. where does gibbed got this model from. or is it a already existing model in JC2? never saw a ninja ingame
- April 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm #84485
This is what I am trying to do, but when I extract the texture from x_gibbed_ninja.tab I dont know how to put it back in after I edit it
and the nija can be downloaded from here http://mod.gib.me/justcause2/retail/gibbed_ninja.zip , they are from one of the missions in the game
- April 7, 2010 at 1:15 pm #84494
After you have edited it save it in the dropzone folder and it should work.
- April 7, 2010 at 1:48 pm #84497
when i do that i just end up with an invisible Rico
- April 7, 2010 at 2:23 pm #84504
- April 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm #84508
some one out there has to know how to repack arc files and generate tab files
- April 7, 2010 at 7:27 pm #84469curtisMember
um Gibbed must know
Anyway I am looking foward to this :cheer:
- April 7, 2010 at 8:07 pm #84561
I would ask him but the dicks at the something awful forums banned me and i am not spending another $10 just to talk to him
- April 7, 2010 at 8:14 pm #84568
Technopath at facepunch will know
- April 7, 2010 at 8:55 pm #84569
tying to check that site out i get The service is unavailable.
- April 9, 2010 at 7:30 am #84573JusupovMember
the game forms arc + tab files from everything that you have in dropzone when you run the game and you can copy those somewhere else if you alt-tab from the game. Model replacing is done with a hex editor.
- April 9, 2010 at 7:31 am #84470RickMember
I think I named the textures gibbed_ninja_dif.dds / gibbed_ninja_mpm.dds / gibbed_ninja_nrm.dds, could be wrong. Open the model in a hex editor and it should be there plain as day.
- April 9, 2010 at 1:28 pm #84925
thx that helped alot
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.