How to add new things to Rico ?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation How to add new things to Rico ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ex0R

Hi there,

I wonder how the creator of the ghost rico add the sunglasses to rico, so the only thing that might be able that he open the rbm. which contain the model files and add or edit something..

i know iam dumb :cheer: but i have no experience with modding on jc2 so maybe you’ll help me out ? ;)

Rozzatron

I’m pretty sure he took the glasses file from the roaches leader, Razman, and added it to the Rico folder.

Ex0R

yeah but how ?

I can’t believe that he just took the texture from the glasses and that’s it..

And the second question..how he did it..the model i mean..added to the rbm. file

Rozzatron

He took an existing .rbm file from an existing folder and added that .rbm to the rico folder so that in the rico folder were two .rbm files and maybe the .dds textures for the glasses aswell. At least that is what I think.

N/A

Rozzatron wrote:

Quote:
      He took an existing .rbm file from an existing folder and added that .rbm to the rico folder so that in the rico folder were two .rbm files and maybe the .dds textures for the glasses aswell. At least that is what I think.

Wouldn’t that be like this (Unless I read wrong):

Ricomodels/rico.rbm

/sunglasses.rbm

The engine won’t look for the sunglasses, or the position on the model to place it on, and only use the rico model.
      You would have to edit the whole thing, and nothing can edit rbm at the moment.

sarah

Its really starting to piss me off how NOONE who knows is willing to explain how.

John

as far as i can see you just take the model part out of one rbm file and place it in another one, then you place the original dds files for both models in the same folder, now unless you remap the uv which would be a pain in the ass you could make it into one model.

oh and if its off a bit you could edit the coordinates and move it about.

ps. don’t ask me how to do it i just got models working on the 360 so time to start hex editing and testing.

FRX

Here s some informations that i can give you, but Jusupov make a good tuto yet (see tutorial topic)

– You got to hexedit character_model.rbm to locate the parts in order to cut/copy/paste

– A part start with ” e^” (20 7F 65 5E) and finish by “‰” (89)

– Accessory model rbm files works as well and can be imported in a character_model.rbm

– In .rbm, you can find/change the names of textures files used for each parts but if you change them accordingly to yours, you have to keep a name with the same number of characters.

– Very important : The number of parts included in the model file is located at pos: “2dH” (row:3 col:d) and must be set accordingly if you add or remove some ( ex: 15 parts give “0F” )

– Editing textures, and in particular, giving transparency is a good way to prevent glitches or making invisible part, or part of part (!)

– GibbedModelViewer is very helpful to see which parts of model could be rip, and for preview of your model/texture without running the game.

I hope this can help.

–Remember that all of this could not be without the Gibbed and CJay works–

Sorry for bad spelling

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.