Grapple Range Modifier

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Modifications Grapple Range Modifier

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I installed a Grappling Hook Mod which increases

I want to decrease the Grapple range a bit, i also got a Bin-Editor.

The grapple-range-Value is called “Max distance you hook will stick to objects, you still need to change hook ammo max distance from ammunition.bin” and is set to 8100 by default.
      this mod sets it to 810000, and i changed it to 81000

in weapons.bin, the ammo_max_range is set to 80 by default, the mod changes it to 8000. this is to fit the grappling hook range to the little symbol around your crosshair.

i want the symbol to fit the range i set, but i dont know which value i should put in here.

anyone ideas?

EDIT: Ok, with try-and-error i found out, that the value was 350000, but if i want to change anything afterwards, it would be nice to know a solution anyway!

FINDarkside
      Participant

Sorry, I have no idea :/
      I tried to figure it out while I was trying every value from grapplingparams without luck.
      But nice to hear that someone uses the bin editor :)

Lolitzme

have you figured it out yet?
      i kinda wanna adjust the range where the indicator shows that you can actually grapple to one somewhat closer to what i have now (and that’s the default one, can’t seem to find the right thing to adjust at the moment)
      i’ve been searching in the ammunition.bin, weapons.bin and grapplingparams.bin but nothing so far that looks like it helps..
      thanks in advance :]

bloxorzok
      Participant

It’s great because of the knowledge you share with us, I will always follow your blog and will share your blog with my friends
      slither io

sloperun3az
      Participant

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me.
      fireboy and watergirl

HabibaHabiba
      Participant

You installed the Grappling Hook mod, which increases, watch the video on YouTube how to reduce it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.