Global Weapon Retexturing

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation Global Weapon Retexturing

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Clément
      Click to enlarge ! (if I post it with real size it appears crushed)
      qgai.jpg

Hey Morghat, I have a couple of these weapons already retextured. My desktop PC isn’t functioning right now so I won’t be able to mod JC2 for a while, I can give you these textures if you want.

Clément

Yeah that would be great !

Clément

Update

Hey Morghat, I’ve got all my textures on my desktop PC hard drive, which currently isn’t working. It should be back in commission by the middle of next week or so, I’ll upload the textures then. BTW I have finished the sniper rifle, the pistol, and the revolver.

Also, can you post some screens? I’d just like to make sure my retextured weapons fit with your art direction.

Clément

Actually I create camo version of the different weapons, see :

wq9p.jpg

rnn8.jpg

You can create camo version. Send yours and I will see.

I see your art direction is different from mine (I’m just making high-res versions of the default textures and revamping unrealistic ones, IE. the sniper rifle and pistol). How about we make 2 separate versions that will be in 1 big texture pack?

Clément

I don’t know how to make hi-rez texture for guns. Otherwise give your hi-rez version and I will make camo version with it. And share1 mod with 2 version : 1 with just hi-rez version and 1 with hi-rez camo. And quote both in credit.

AmauryRR
      Participant

Just wondering, as far as the process goes. Are there still issues loading the new skins outside of general.blz? Or is there a way to finally repack that thing? Or basically do they load up all the time now?

I’m messing with the same as well, using the tutorial – but occasionally I get problems with the game loading the modded weapon skin.

Clément

Sometimes the custom textures don’t load. I don’t know why. You have to reload your game (with a save) to load it again.
      I think you can repack le general.blz with your custom textures, but I never try it.

AmauryRR
      Participant

Thanks, I’ve tried loading a modified general.blz into the game but no dice.. Hopefully there will be a way (someday).

1_dylan
      Participant

How is the progress going?

Clément

Bad i’m affraid. I got a lot of work and I have little time for videogames. I someone want to continue that… But for now I can’t continue it.

Sorry for bump but I would love someone make a retex for sam launchers

ducklife
      Participant

The information about the weapon structure you share is very attractive. Very good information. I have learned and expanded my knowledge a lot.
      happy wheels

Gladys89Gladys89
      Participant

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.
      Facebook video downloader

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.