Gigabyte or EVGA graphics card?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums General Chat Gigabyte or EVGA graphics card?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      virginia

i can’t decide between these two GTX 470’s, gigabyte brand or evga?

most would prob say the lifetime warranty with evga, but 3yrs that comes with the gigabyte is enough for me because i’ll prob upgrade two years into the cards life. any thoughts or opinions? thanks!

ZeninZenin
      Keymaster

i like to use XFX personally.

both are the same really, of and check what game they are offering free with the card :D lol

virginia

Zenin wrote:

Quote:
      i like to use XFX personally.

both are the same really, of and check what game they are offering free with the card :D lol

XFX hasn’t made any in the 470’s just yet
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+470&x=0&y=0

and no free games yet either. if there were, then yah that’d be an easy choice :cheer:

edit: i think what i’m going to do is call gigabyte and see what exactly their warranty covers. i know with evga cards you can remove heatsink, OC and all that stuff and it still be covered. i’ve also heard, though, that you only get one replacement. so yup, looks like i’ll be doing some calling and inquiring.

fox

They’re both good. XFX has some timeout because of some issue with ATI and NVIDIA.. they are not allowed to sell their 400s If i remember.

EVGA has great support, makes good cards and has a cool step-up program. Go with them

Warranty wise, I think they’re pretty good.

virginia

fox wrote:

Quote:
      They’re both good. XFX has some timeout because of some issue with ATI and NVIDIA.. they are not allowed to sell their 400s If i remember.

EVGA has great support, makes good cards and has a cool step-up program. Go with them

Warranty wise, I think they’re pretty good.

thanks for your input. a guy here at work says EVGA as well and all of his friends use them as well for vcards so i guess that’s what i’ll be going with B)

Allen

yeah EVGA is good, I have been using PNY for a long time without any problems, giga is better known for their motherboards than their video cards.

virginia

Buzz_Kill wrote:

Quote:
      yeah EVGA is good, I have been using PNY for a long time without any problems, giga is better known for their motherboards than their video cards.

iunno man, i was reading some bad reviews on some of their higher end mobo (giga). like, the ones that have usb 3.0 and sata6…people were saying that their boards were being really iffy about recognizing the right amount of ram on boot up. i was looking at their boards, asus boards and evga boards, but i can’t do an evga board because there are issues with their boards and the PSU i chose. otherwise, i prob would’ve gone evga on the board as well as the vcard.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t get that overpriced “Superclocked” bullshit, though.

virginia

Awesome Candian, Eh? wrote:

Quote:
      Don’t get that overpriced “Superclocked” bullshit, though.

i’m not. the superclocked is the same as the standard one…just factory OC’d, which i can do myself :P

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.