Free Camera (move around wherever you want)

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Ideas Free Camera (move around wherever you want)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

i feel this would be a really popular and useful mod if someone could make it

people are already making movie type things with just cause 2
      with the mods coming, there will be a lot more going on in it and if there was a free camera like the one in the GTA IV Video editor, we could get a lot of good movies made

If you look at the Just Cause 2 Antomy of a Stunt videos, you can see that the developers have the camera how im talking about

Steven

Lets hope it’s in there for DLC, because I don’t think it’s possible to mod as you’d need to do a whole video editor.

i’m sure they wouldnt put it in dlc, and there must be a way to mod a free camera in to it, they had one in, not the whole video editor but at least just a free cam to move around, maybe with the numpad

Rozzatron

Yeah, then we could finally make Just Cause 2 machinima!

Ceano

The movie in the first post is not using an in game camera it is a pure movie made solely for PR, there is no such camera to “enable” in game I’m sorry to say.

mmm i guess, but maybe there could be some sort of mod… im hoping for it anyways

I was wondering if someone could make a cinematic camera, if you look at this video.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMrjet8jTH0
      They use it a lot, when he lands with the parachute, or when he fires at the helicopter for example.

There’s a similar camera in Fallout 3, Red Faction 1, and Mirror’s Edge. You control the camera, while the player stays still.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

Since there is renewed interest in this type of mod, I thought I’d
      bump this thread.

I’m also going to attach a brief conversation between myself, Kaii, and fsxskymaster
      in the chat box discussing fsxskymaster’s ideas. I lost his kick-off question,
      but basically he asked if something like Kaii’s FPS mod could be adapted
      to bring in some free-roaming camera functionality…

Yes – I know – what we’re talking about wouldn’t do what’s being done
      in the video above… That would be the ideal camera control.

(Newest comment is at the bottom…)

fsxskymaster : …I think it would still work. I got the first person superman mod for first person parachuting, the Bolopatch to hide the cross-hairs, and I turned the HUD transparency all the way up, so anything on the screen appeared invisible. Now if only I could control the camera more easily, I could make some awesome cinematics.

Kaii : @fsxskymaster that’s actually the problem – camera control. There is no available way to change it. There are a fixed number of camera control styles and none of them adhere to what you are suggesting. I could be wrong, if you find a control style that works (perhaps swimming?), then the rest is a piece of cake.

voxbox13 : @fsxskymaster – I was thinking about your request for a free-roaming camera… I don’t know if this is counter-intuitive to what you’re thinking but here’s an idea: It’s pretty easy to make the player character invisible. There is also already a mod to make holstered weapons invisible. Probably easy to make a helicopter or airplane invisible, too. Would this approach work for you?

fsxskymaster : @voxbox13 Sure! Nice idea! :D My only concern would be the awkward camera position to the upper right of Rico. It might make swiveling and panning rather awkward feeling. I use the XBOX 360 Controller for Windows to play, just an FYI. Maybe if you used the centered camera swimming animation ‘through the air’ + invisible player + invisible weapons + a speedier swim with NO camera shake or wobble, you might have yourself a perfect cinematic-style free-roam camera! ^^

I hope this gets some interest going in pursuing a camera mod for cinematics. ;)

curtis

Hey guys!

I know I haven’t posted on here in a while, but I have still been playing JC2 and downloading many of the awesome mods :)

There is one mod however that I sorely need but cannot find and that is:

A mod which allows me a free camera, esserentially disconnecting the camera from rico so that I can fly around the world and record some video for intros and stuff?

Any mods that you think may achieve this or help achieve this are most welcome ;)

Thanks for you help

CloudWolf

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

CloudWolf wrote:

Quote:
      Hey guys!

I know I haven’t posted on here in a while, but I have still been playing JC2 and downloading many of the awesome mods :)

There is one mod however that I sorely need but cannot find and that is:

A mod which allows me a free camera, esserentially disconnecting the camera from rico so that I can fly around the world and record some video for intros and stuff?

Any mods that you think may achieve this or help achieve this are most welcome ;)

Thanks for you help

CloudWolf

I merged your post, and a couple of others, into the one above.

I hope someone will have success creating this!

curtis

yes, this is sorely needed and is very annoyingly absent from the game…

I think the invisible character idea could work with no HUD as even this level of availability would be much better than what there is currently :)

thanks

CloudWolf

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.