Desperate for a keyboard bind fix.

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Ideas Desperate for a keyboard bind fix.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave

I play all my games using ESDF. It’s much more comfortable to me as a home-key user and beats WASD with allowing more buttons. However, despite rebinding my E key away from “use” and into “forward” JC2 still wants me to hit E in order to swap weapons on the ground. This is super-fricken-annoying and the fact that there is no way to rebind this is essentially a bug. It’s hell playing around it.

Can anyone please mod in a fix for this or tell me how I could fix it myself? Thanks very much.

Dave

Any updates on the feasibility of this request? Is it a given that the control system can’t be further modified?

jason

would you let me know what key/keys you want to bind to what and i will look into it.

if you just want to change the pickup weapon key, then tell me what you want the key to be,

thanks.

Dave

tool2heal wrote:

Quote:
      would you let me know what key/keys you want to bind to what and i will look into it.

if you just want to change the pickup weapon key, then tell me what you want the key to be,

thanks.

The “pickup weapon” key should be G and the “honk horn” key should be R. If there’s a set way to do this kind of stuff, I’m willing to learn the modding ropes to do it myself.

jason

Well I just tried to change it and it doesn’t seem possible. I changed the values in the keymap.keyboard.bin file but it didn’t do anything, so I think you may be out of luck unless someone else figures it out.

Jason

I wonder why they made the game to be moddable, but can’t even implement a keyboard bind menu…

FRX

dra6o0n wrote:

Quote:
      I wonder why they made the game to be moddable, but can’t even implement a keyboard bind menu…

They didn’t made the game to be moddable, just some genius found how to.

JC2 was developed on computer to fit console gameplay, they didn’t think about enhanced keybinding on PC as they didn’t bother about hacking files

Pridit
      Participant

Ofcourse they made the game to be moddable, why would they have made a folder especially for mods to go in if they had no intentions on making the game moddable?

Plus, they have tons of different settings such as a laser pointer on guns which you can’t find in-game unless modding. The developers had clear intentions of modding and wanted to make it easier for even a beginner to understand. It makes sense why they didn’t add a multiplayer side to the game because of all the modifications people would make. For example, Grand Theft Auto IV was strictly made not to be moddable and they keep patching the game to try and disallow any modifications, I remember when modding was enabled in multiplayer. Everyone was cheating, god modding, there was cars flying all across the map, servers would crash it was havoc.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.