combining .bins tutorial

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials combining .bins tutorial

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanden

are you trying to figure out what to do when two mods both have weapons.bin? well heres the solution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8c6WeYhRYs

Things you need:
      Gibbed’s Tool Pack:
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/index.php/mods/other/Modding-Tools/Gibbeds-Tool-Pack/

kyler

k that made absolutely no sense whatsoever

mainly because all he did was mix two of the EXACT SAME FILES together, try looking for triggered explosives in two different ones, one will find it, one wont

Sanden

Because one was the triggered explosive huge explosion mod, and the other was the grapple mod, i simply put the c4 mod into the grappling mod so i had both mods…
      Next time try watching were i get each weapons.bin and then youd know they were different..

It’s not so mucha “combining” as it is just editing the first one to include what was in the second one. (or vice-versa)

Nontheless, I can see this being helpful.

Steven
      Quote:
      It’s not so mucha “combining” as it is just editing the first one to include what was in the second one.

That’s what combining is. Putting two parts of something into each other. In this case you’re putting the triggered explosives and whatever together.

Annie

Oddly enough, this only works for weapons.bins, factions.bin, all heat related bins and weathersettings.bin.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

corpsefire wrote:

Quote:
      It’s not so mucha “combining” as it is just editing the first one to include what was in the second one.

squish wrote:

Quote:
      That’s what combining is. Putting two parts of something into each other…

LOL! Nice reply.

Quote:
      Oddly enough, this only works for weapons.bins, factions.bin, all heat related bins and weathersettings.bin.

Hmmm… I’m struggling to think of any types of .bin files that wouldn’t work.

Did you have experience with a certain type that didn’t work?

Annie

Yes. Plenty. For some reason whenever I open anything else than those bins, the program locks up and the codes become corrupted… That’s why I keep backups!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.