Changing mappings for Xbox 360 Controller
- May 29, 2014 at 1:02 am #83774WestinMember
Does anyone know how to change the mappings for the 360 controller?
- May 29, 2014 at 7:23 pm #101191TheAgency004Memberthatoneguy247 wrote:Does anyone know how to change the mappings for the 360 controller?
Change the mappings? I’m not sure what you mean by this. I can only assume that you mean change the buttons linked to a certain action. For example, change it so ‘A’ key fires the grapple…
As far as I know, there is no native method of doing so due to the lack of proper dev tools. However, the best method is to use Xpadder. It’s paid but you can find an older version of the software for free: for example, at Sourceforge. The older version works as well as the current version. Once you’ve downloaded Xpadder, map all the controls to the Xbox controller, swapping the keys/buttons you would like to change. You could also map keys to keyboard buttons or combinations. Then transfer the Xpadder file to the Just Cause 2 directory. I believe all the instructions are in the ReadMe file in the installer.
I use Xpadder whenever I’m playing Just Cause with a controller simply because I have a Saitek controller instead of an Xbox controller. I’ve mapped the Saitek controls to the Xbox buttons. It’s works perfectly and I can’t discern any lag. So, a similar set-up should work fine for you.
- May 30, 2014 at 12:46 am #101192WestinMember
Thanks. Yeah, that’s exactly what I was talking about with the mappings. I’ve used xpadder before but I was hoping for a more direct way of changing the mappings, like a config file or something. Thanks though
- May 30, 2014 at 6:40 pm #101193TheAgency004Memberthatoneguy247 wrote:Thanks. Yeah, that’s exactly what I was talking about with the mappings. I’ve used xpadder before but I was hoping for a more direct way of changing the mappings, like a config file or something. Thanks though
As far as I know there’s no config file to do anything like that. But, Xpadder should work without any issues…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.