can someone tell me how to mix 2 weapon.bin’s?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Help can someone tell me how to mix 2 weapon.bin’s?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      kyler

i have 2, but i cannot mix them together, can someone tell me how? and please provide detailed instruction. thanks

Allen

I havent messed around with them too much, but it would seam that all you have to do is convert them into xml then put all the strings from the 2 into one then convert back into bin then drop in the dropzone

Steven

I posted this in my other thread:

FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS FURTHER HELP
      I extracted weapons.bin using fox’ tutorial. I then used Gibbed’s bin2xml by dragging the bin onto the converter. Then once the XML was created I edited it in Adobe Dreamweaver (Notepad/Wordpad/Word will be fine). I found

Code:
      CTriggeredExplosive

by searching for a few different strings like “sticky”, “c4”, “trigger”, and such. I then scrolled down a bit to find the explosives’ values, and copy/pasted this code into the other weapons.bin from the grappling hook mod:

Code:

Once I pasted that over the code that was in the unedited grappling hook weapons.bin file, I saved it and then used the xml2bin converter and put it in my dropzone folder. Both mods work together like a charm.

Allen

thats a really long version of what i said

Steven

Buzz_Kill wrote:

Quote:
      thats a really long version of what i said

And also a clearer easier to follow version seeing as based on the OP’s other post he doesn’t have much modding experience at all.

Faux

All i did was rename the ones i wanted to put it. I have like 5 weapons(1), (2),(3) etc etc. Lol Nothing screws up for me.

kyler

thanks squish, but when i do that it sitll does not work, i copy and pasted EXACTLY what you did, and it still wouldn’t work.

Steven

That was a direct copy paste from a thread about a different topic though.

What 2 bin’s are you trying to mix? Like, what are the modifications in them?

Benie

I also want something to be done. I want the Infinite Grapple & Triggered Bombs V2 to work with eachother.
      Attempting to put them in subfolders in the Dropzone folder only allows one weapons.bin file to work.

Faux wrote:

Quote:
      All i did was rename the ones i wanted to put it. I have like 5 weapons(1), (2),(3) etc etc. Lol Nothing screws up for me.

Doesn’t work for me. I knew it wouldn’t because I wanted it to.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.