Camera Placement Mod

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Ideas Camera Placement Mod

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dsda

I looked around and there doesn’t seem to be a mod for this for JC2. If there is, please correct me and point me to it.

Basic Description:
      The player is able to place a “camera object” anywhere in the world and rotate it to face any direction. After mapping some key (like the 6 key or the 7 key) to that camera, pressing that key will switch the players’ view from one that follows the character to this placed camera. Possibly, there could be multiple cameras mapped to separate keys that the player can switch between at any given time. I would be useful because you could record your gameplay/stunts/shenanigans from a new perspective that isn’t tied to your character.

Diagram:
      (see attached file if the description is not clear)
      EDIT: it seems like I can’t add image files to show you guys my idea visually. I hope the description makes sense.

Extra Info:
      There is already a mod like this in for minecraft that was created a few years ago. This would be invaluable for recording stunts or gameplay in JC2. I don’t know how difficult this mod would be to created, but it would be a great help to the community if we could get something like this. Thanks for reading.

1_dylan
      Participant
      dddasdf wrote:
      I looked around and there doesn’t seem to be a mod for this for JC2. If there is, please correct me and point me to it.

Basic Description:
      The player is able to place a “camera object” anywhere in the world and rotate it to face any direction. After mapping some key (like the 6 key or the 7 key) to that camera, pressing that key will switch the players’ view from one that follows the character to this placed camera. Possibly, there could be multiple cameras mapped to separate keys that the player can switch between at any given time. I would be useful because you could record your gameplay/stunts/shenanigans from a new perspective that isn’t tied to your character.

Diagram:
      (see attached file if the description is not clear)
      EDIT: it seems like I can’t add image files to show you guys my idea visually. I hope the description makes sense.

Extra Info:
      There is already a mod like this in for minecraft that was created a few years ago. This would be invaluable for recording stunts or gameplay in JC2. I don’t know how difficult this mod would be to created, but it would be a great help to the community if we could get something like this. Thanks for reading.

You’re description makes pefect sense. As for images, just upload them in the attachments box or use an external image sharer and link it in your post so that they display.

As awesome as the mod would be, it would be hard to do. Something like this would require the memory editing of JC2 (kind of like what Bolopatch or JC2Camhack does).

There is something that is similar, which allows free camera movement: JC2 Camhack.

Just as a side note:
      The reason Minecraft (taken over my Microsoft :blink: ) has a mod like this is because modders are able to edit the source code and hence they have less limits when creating mods. Seeing that JC2 is written in C++, we cannot decompile it (unlike Minecraft) nor do we have access to the game’s source codes and modding is done through the game’s XML files.

dsda

Would it be possible though? How much harder than something like ‘free camera mod’ and ‘bolopatch’ would this be?

1_dylan
      Participant
      dddasdf wrote:
      Would it be possible though? How much harder than something like ‘free camera mod’ and ‘bolopatch’ would this be?

It can be done. I wouldn’t know how much harder it would be than Bolopatch or JC2 Camhack. I’m estimating though seeing that this isn’t my area of expertise.

Maybe you can get into contact with Philphax (JC2 Camhack’s creator) and see if he can do anything.

dsda

How do I contact him exactly? I’m new to this site.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.