base / hideout
- April 13, 2010 at 8:23 pm #80106thomas laughtonMember
would it be possible to add save loactions that you could have as a hideout like in the first one? i quite liked the eagle’s nest from the first one as my hideout and i wouldnt mind having the mile high club on jc2 for a hideout…
- April 13, 2010 at 11:09 pm #85476JasonMember
A very good idea:
– A mobile hideout in form of a giant airship!
– Can be controlled via map to order it to fly to various locations.
– Can be under siege by Panay’s fighter jets!
How to implement:
– Maybe have it so once you play through a certain area of the game, your Black Market Dealer came up with the idea of mobile hideouts and asks you to collect:
> Big Metal Scrap Parts (Use a vehicle to tow it back to a construction yard)
This can come up with extra side missions, like getting various Scrap Metals, and the occasional “mystery” rocks that is guarded by Panay’s forces (will be explained later).
– This rock apparently has a substance in it that allows engine to burn more efficient than coal, about 1000x more efficient.
After you completed the missions and obtained a “mobile fortress” (you can upgrade it with turrets and explosive weaponry). You will receive an additional option after “calling” the dealer with your beacon labeled “Signal Mobile Base”.
This is so it works like an extraction, but the other way around. Instead of you getting to one place, It just makes the fortress “warp” to your location, if it’s plausible enough to fly there. From that point on, seek a helicopter or a high place to grapple back onto the “ship’.
Eventually, you can hire npcs to man the turrets by paying them, and they can defend your ship, or you can order them to invade the surface by doing an air drop with a vehicle (drop pod that’s designed to NOT explode). The pods should always be designed to disappear after being deployed on the ground, and all npc in one should be scripted to leave it.
- April 24, 2010 at 5:02 pm #85477FinleyMember
Bump would be Absoultly EPIC :ohmy:
- April 24, 2010 at 5:17 pm #85514IsakMember
Umm, you’re talking pretty big here. I don’t think the JC2 game can allow custom models just yet, or maybe it does.
- April 25, 2010 at 7:10 pm #85478YesmateMember
There are not modding tools to even start developing this yet as far as i know…
But yeah, great idea i can’t understand why JC2 doesent have a safehouse function already.
- May 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm #86270Syko vampMember
wicked idea would love to have that
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.