Adjust Game Time vs. Real Time?

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Mod Creation Adjust Game Time vs. Real Time?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      drayzen

Hi Guys,
      I was wanting to adjust the game world time to make it a bit more like real time.

Had a look through some of the files that I thought such a setting might be in, but can’t find anything definite.
      The only thing that came close was:
      pc0.tab/Known/settings/gamestaterun.bin
      Anyone played around with these settings yet?
      I’m assuming that they effect turning night on/off and not the speed of world time…?

cheers, d

Hubert

worldsim.bin

Your Welcome

drayzen

I’d had a look at that, but it looked like most of the items are relating to objects.
      I’m assmiung your suggesting that some of the coded settings at the start of that file are the ones to do this.
      Has anyone documented what each of these codes relate to?

I was also wondering, is there any software that can be used to view/re-establish any links between all the extracted files. Perhaps a web page editor like DW?

Code:
      Terrain\GameZone.bin
      worldsim.aiteam

spline
      ground_roam

Hubert

You could just search for “night” :P

05:00
      01:00

drayzen

Tried some different values for 0.34 (0.01/0.10/0.9/3.50) with no effect.

Golfman560

Prof these don’t actually change any visual settings, its only for mission and spawn settings. So if you change the time and mission changes the time to night, it will use those new numbers.

Hubert

Is that right Golfman? I figured it would set the time at which night starts and ends.

I’ll check it out.

If so, you have my apologies Drayzen.

Golfman560

If it does work then I was too lazy to wait to see if the night changed to day quicker.

drayzen

I figured that those settings were going to adjust the start and finish times for the night period, assuming the numbers are based on a 24hr game time clock.
      Not what I want to do, I don’t mind if night is longer, I want to slow down all game time.
      I had hoped that the items in gamestaterun.bin would have some effect, but nothing so far.

It might end up being something that is stuck in an .exe code somewhere, hope not as I would really like to see a lengthy sunrise/sunset… B)
      I would like to know how bassie12 managed to to the Mile High “No more night club” mod as I have no idea how he worked on the file and hasn’t answered the question… hex editor?
      It might shed some ‘light’ :P on where to find the required settings…

Hubert

Ahh, I misunderstood.

Golfman560

Same here Farnsworth. Yeah I haven’t seen anything for day length yet. I’m sure someone out there knows.

drayzen

Thanks for trying anyway guys.
      I would expect that it will be in with some files containing ‘lights’ etc.
      I need to understand more about how to decode the ‘Unkown’ files, then I can hopufully find it. ;)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.