About Weapons.bin

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Help About Weapons.bin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lesley

I just wanna know how i edit weapons.bin in my Dropzone folder.

Pridit
      Participant

Firstly download gibbed tools from here when downloaded, extract to your desktop or wherever you please and run Gibbed.Avalanche.ArchiveViewer.exe then click “Open” and select “pc0.tab” and then click “Open” there should now be a list in the Archive Viewer of things such as ai, animations, effects and so forth. Click on the little square + icon to the left of “settings” and right-click “weapons.bin” and select “Save” then save that to your desktop. There should now be a weapons.bin file on your desktop. Close Gibbed.Avalanche.ArchiveViewer.exe.

Now, move the .bin file into the Gibbed.Avalanche.bin2xml.exe file and a cmd prompt should appear for a short time, don’t run the .exe directly as it will do nothing you need to move the .bin file in the .exe and it will create a .xml file on your desktop. Now you can edit the .xml file with whatever text editor you have. When you have finished editing the file to your liking you can now save and move the .xml file into the Gibbed.Avalanche.xml2bin.exe like you did with the first but it’s changing the file back to .bin instead of making it .xml instead.

Now that you have edited the weapons.bin just go to your main Just Cause 2 directory and create a new folder called “dropzone” then place your weapons.bin file into the “dropzone” folder and launch the game, whatever modification you made in the file should now be in-game.

It’s a little tricky to understand the first time around but you’ll get used to it and will be modding fluently in no time. I hope this has been of some use to you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.