A serious question about textures, please respond

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Help A serious question about textures, please respond

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

First, good afternoon everyone, I am struggling to make a full retexture of all NPC’s with maximum quality and that includes reaper’s, roches, ular boy’s etc.

But here’s the problem:

the default size of the texture is 1024 x 1024
      When I unpack the eez and switch to 2048 x 2048 for better detail and pack again to eez does not work, the model becomes invisible or the game crashes.

Could anyone teach me how to repack the eez the size of 2048 x 2048?

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant

GENERALLY SPEAKING, if JC2 + Gibbed’s Tools pukes at a test attempt, it’s usually a sign that either the game engine, or the tools cannot handle that “technique” … You may have to test with a lower resolution … or it could simply be a hard limit with those particular models.

Having said that:
      I’d check out the mods section for any mods that claim “higher resolution (x)”… You may be able to look at the mod’s files to see how they did it. Just remember — If you use a technique that someone else pioneered, and upload a mod based on that info — please give credit where credit is due. ;)

High Resolution Clouds might be a place to start.

Higher resolution clouds works with dds out of eez file. Yeah, maybe the game can’t handle with.

Finally I think I found an answer.

First, not all models work with this “technique”, for example Kane not work, but the others, like reapers work. and bump maps in .dds need to stay the same size, not 2048×2048. But the default texture can be 2048 x 2048.

Second, the compression needs to be DXT1 with NO MIPMAPs.

Third: I noticed that usually there is a size limit on eez to work 3,50 to 4,00 Mb. More than that and the model became invisible.

I’m experiencing some things, then I put the result.

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      Caipiroto wrote:
      Finally I think I found an answer.

First, not all models work with this “technique”, for example Kane not work, but the others, like reapers work. and bump maps in .dds need to stay the same size, not 2048×2048. But the default texture can be 2048 x 2048.

Second, the compression needs to be DXT1 with NO MIPMAPs.

Third: I noticed that usually there is a size limit on eez to work 3,50 to 4,00 Mb. More than that and the model became invisible.

I’m experiencing some things, then I put the result.

Oh, that’s great! Looking forward to seeing the results of your work.

Here some WIPs, I will try more improvement.

Now the reapers are true communists. Any more improvement ideas?

24bn8s2.jpg

Marshal (stranded co-pilot) use Desert Marpat Camo and a green beret and the FOX Operative logo, because just “The Agency” is so “meh”, I want to add more things in his uniform.

2ntvdzc.jpg
      2elh24l.jpg

Bolo Santosi has new clothes, but still “meh”, any improvement ideas? Concepts?

rutzpk.jpg

First Version of the soldier, I tried to maintain the original red style, But I want to do more improvement, in the zipper and straps things. Any other ideas are very welcome.

xnte35.jpg

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.