A Just Cause 2 character model editing tutorial

Just Cause 2 Mods Forums Tutorials A Just Cause 2 character model editing tutorial

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      FRX

Jusupov’s good tuto was removed because a newer version of the Gibbed.Modelviewer will make model editing easier.

But as we still waiting for this release, some requests came for a tuto.

I did one and I hope it will be helpful.

It came in a 36 pages PDF document :

If something still not clear, please ask here, and i’ll try to help or answer you.

fox

post reserved

good stuff, going to check it out

edit:
      awesome tutorial

CFX

Really BIG thanks :D

joshua

Indeed this is good stuff in it, a lot of reading though

Thank you.

Julislav

can you please post a link to download Gibbed.Avalanche.ModelViewer cuz i can’t find it

Shawn

Check out the .svn tutorial.

[SVN] Gibbed’s Tools

Pax

That was super helpful. Thank you very much. Now to go body part shopping… 👿

-Pax

David Hall

I’m having such a hard time trying to figure this thing out it’s killing me. I followed the directions on the SVN tut to get the modelviewer and the rest of it all, but I don’t understand half of what is happening.

I had to get the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 edition (trial) instead of the 2008, and I think they’ve moved a lot of things around. I tried to “build solution” with Debug on “Released” but it gave me “145 errors, 11 Warnings, 0 Messages” and a partridge in a pear tree. Most of the errors reads, “The type or namespace name ‘Xna’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Microsoft’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)” :huh:

Another reads,”The type or namespace name ‘Matrix’…yada yada” Another is, “Vector3”, “Gametime”, “Keys”, “KeyboardState”, “Quaternion” WTF is a Quaternion?

Those are just the errors. The warnings are ‘NDesk.Options.OptionSet.GetOptionForName(string)’ is obsolete: ‘Use KeyedCollection.this[string]’

There are more, but I grow weary of typing.

One problem I have, (among millions), is when I try to open the Model.Viewer, it opens the hexadecimal with Microsoft Visual Studio. I don’t even know if that’s normal or not. The PDF tutorial had the hexa open with UltraEdit, and the model.viewer just opened. Not that the PDF was completely clear for beginners to understand.

*Sigh* I suppose I will never get this, it’s clearly impossible.

Hubert

davidthehall wrote:

Quote:
      I’m having such a hard time trying to figure this thing out it’s killing me. I followed the directions on the SVN tut to get the modelviewer and the rest of it all, but I don’t understand half of what is happening.

I had to get the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 edition (trial) instead of the 2008, and I think they’ve moved a lot of things around. I tried to “build solution” with Debug on “Released” but it gave me “145 errors, 11 Warnings, 0 Messages” and a partridge in a pear tree. Most of the errors reads, “The type or namespace name ‘Xna’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Microsoft’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)” :huh:

Another reads,”The type or namespace name ‘Matrix’…yada yada” Another is, “Vector3”, “Gametime”, “Keys”, “KeyboardState”, “Quaternion” WTF is a Quaternion?

Those are just the errors. The warnings are ‘NDesk.Options.OptionSet.GetOptionForName(string)’ is obsolete: ‘Use KeyedCollection.this[string]’

There are more, but I grow weary of typing.

One problem I have, (among millions), is when I try to open the Model.Viewer, it opens the hexadecimal with Microsoft Visual Studio. I don’t even know if that’s normal or not. The PDF tutorial had the hexa open with UltraEdit, and the model.viewer just opened. Not that the PDF was completely clear for beginners to understand.

*Sigh* I suppose I will never get this, it’s clearly impossible.

Hex editing characters is not a beginner’s topic for starters. The missing assembly reference is referring to XNA game studio, which you need to use the model viewer.

David Hall

*facepalm* Why is this the first time I’m hearing of it?

Okay, I’ll admit, I’m a huge noobie. But it seems like the whole “Modding Tools” section should include, the modding… tools. Not just half of the stuff.

All I want to do is swap stuff like clothes, armor, etc around on the character. It doesn’t sound too complicated, I just need to know what I need first. I can follow tutorials, but what pisses me off is when I spend my free time, between work and college, getting bounced back on what programs I need.

Hubert

The need for XNA has been mentioned many times. Check this thread for some helpful links and info, and from the last post there, this wouldn’t even be necessary soon.

Jonathan

Can u post the download links for the tools in the tutorial?

Felix
      Participant

Please I need this Model viewer where can I find it i have the gibbed tool pack but not this “model viewer” please help

FRX

Hi, there :)

I’m not modding this game anymore but i bump this thread as it s not sticky and I got positives returns

For the tools, take a look to this pack :
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Modding-Tools/Gibbeds-Tools-r128—MuNkEy/

Enjoy

mark kevin

boss,can you explain the hexadecimal parts further?pls:)

Sorry to break it to you man, but this thread is 2 years old and all the modders who posted here are long since retired. :(

voxbox13voxbox13
      Participant
      KevForTheCause wrote:
      boss,can you explain the hexadecimal parts further?pls:)

This might help:

TOPIC: GIBBED’S MODEL VIEWER & HEX-EDITING- TIPS&TRICKS
      http://www.justcause2mods.com/forum/19-tutorials/19592-gibbeds-model-viewer-a-hex-editing-tipsatricks.html#19592

great pdf, great info, thanks a lot! ;)

ducklife
      Participant

I have read and read many of your articles, great, your article has a good and very useful content, thank you for sharing.
      vex 3

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.